NEurope
Sarka

Super Paper Mario

It's another example of Europe getting screwed over. They think releasing Brain Training 2 over here before America makes up for this sort of stuff, but it doesn't. Oh, and ONM said in the mailbox to look out for next months issue. Apparently they're revealing something about Super Paper Mario, which is presumably the release date.

It's another example of Europe getting screwed over. They think releasing Brain Training 2 over here before America makes up for this sort of stuff, but it doesn't. Oh, and ONM said in the mailbox to look out for next months issue. Apparently they're revealing something about Super Paper Mario, which is presumably the release date.

Well someone had better, its getting beyond a joke now. Its like living in the 16bit era all over again.

The games don't compete. Nintendo won't hestitate to release it in September/October if localisation or their politics (releasing this game in August) require it.

Nintendo arn't stupid and will be well aware Halo 3 will take all the media coverage, all the reviewer discussions, will be advertised to no end. Fact is Halo 3 is going to be absolutely huge.

Metroid Prime 2 sold about half of what the original did, how can a game drop so much in sales? Well it's because Metroid Prime 2 was released pretty much next to Halo 2.

Nintendo will either released Metroid Prime 3 in Europe before Halo 3 in August or well after it in like November or something. Nintendo are a much clever company nowadays and put alot more thought into their release dates (Just look at Mario Strikers).

Metroid Prime 2 sold about half of what the original did, how can a game drop so much in sales? Well it's because Metroid Prime 2 was released pretty much next to Halo 2.

I suppose that was a factor but another one, which has already been discussed elsewhere, is that alot of people just didnt "get" Metroid Prime. They bought the 1st one because it was Metroid and couldnt get into it thus the 2nd games sales suffered from it. I personally think Metroid is a real hardcore game, even I have trouble playing through them, despite both of them being awesome games.

Nintendo will either released Metroid Prime 3 in Europe before Halo 3 in August or well after it in like November or something. Nintendo are a much clever company nowadays and put alot more thought into their release dates (Just look at Mario Strikers).

I agree with the release of Strikers as it was timed perfectly.

It has been annouced that Australia will get Super Paper Mario in September, hopefully we will get it before then.

It has been annouced that Australia will get Super Paper Mario in September, hopefully we will get it before then.

We will get it at same time, or maybe week and half earlier. Doesn't matter much.

A little longer then expected really. I mean 5 months?!

EDIT: Seems like Europe may be getting this 24/08/07, not confirmed yet though.

EDIT: Seems like Europe may be getting this 24/08/07, not confirmed yet though.

Yeah, it might be possible. Sometimes there is quite big difference between Europe and Australia. For example, Australians are going to get Pangya this september...

Yeah, it might be possible. Sometimes there is quite big difference between Europe and Australia. For example, Australians are going to Pangya this september...

For another example, the Australians got Animal Crossing around a year before Europe.

Well at least its before Xmas anyway, though I dunno why the Aussies are getting it before us, maybe its because they are more *puts on the voice of the corrs* "beautiful"

;)

Seriously, this is simply ridiculous. I won't even comment about the Super Paper Mario release date, since unfortunately it's more or less the expected date. But Trauma Center delayed again? For god's sake it was a launch title in the US, and we are getting it in August (if it doesn't get delayed again)???

And look at games like Mega Man ZX for the DS, I bought it last September (US version), and it's only getting released here this week??? Elite Beat Agents arriving 8 months later???

It's tough to be a Nintendo fan here in Europe. Unfortunately it's like I predicted before the Wii was released, we keep waiting and waiting while Japan and the US gets the cool games. One of the reasons I enjoy the DS so much is that besides the great games it's region free, and I can import the US and JP games I want without having to wait a year or so to get them, if they get released here at all (WarioWare: Twisted! for the GBA anyone?).

Oh well, I bought an Xbox 360 and I've been having fun. In the meantime my Wii is sitting there, waiting for games like Super Paper Mario. Unlike some people I won't be selling my console, but I won't be buying the 4th or 5th Brain Training title in a year or so, or cheap PS2 ports either just to have something to play.

Finally a date.

Only downside is that this is likely to coincide with Madden '08 and most of my time will be spent on that (sad I know). I was really hoping to get a month or two with this game before Madden hit , oh well.

The date for this really blows for me as its far too close to Halo 3. I will have to try and finish this in like 2 weeks if I want to give Halo 3 my undivided attention.

I really wanted this to come out in July as it would give me something to play over the summer on my Wii, now im glad I packed it all away. Its a sad state of affairs when the only game you want within the next couple of months for your new console is a 2 year old game ( R Evil 4 )

noe are useless.

I wouldn't say useless. Their fat, lazy arses would make magnificent paperweights.

So good to see this get a release date, finally.

Finally a date.

Where? Can someone provide a link, please? I've searched and found nothing. Ren of Heavens didn't specify if his dates are for Europe or Australia. Nor did he give a link.

Ah, I had checked it, but hadn't noticed, thanks.

noe are useless.

The Super Paper Mario date was a little later then expected, i must admit, i definately had August on my mind.

It's quite close to Halo 3 as well (like H.O.T said), but it's supposadely a short game.

Even though i knew our list (at the moment) wasn't going to include the big guns, i can honestly say i'm dissapointed.

Trauma being delayed till August has nothing to do with translation now, unless they really have no-idea what there doing..why so long?!

I really want to help NOE with sales etc..but why would you not take up the offer of buying a USA Wii? I mean, you get things cheaper and earlier, the only downside for me is that you can't trade the games in, but if your getting the 'bigger' Nintendo titles, you wouldn't get rid of them anyway.

(and yes i know the list isn't completed, this is just my opinion, what forums are for, before i'm flamed)

(and yes i know the list isn't completed, this is just my opinion, what forums are for, before i'm flamed)

Why would you be flamed? Is there anyone still not pissed off about NoE? Seriously, next generation I'll think twice about buying a Nintendo home console, unless the games are region-free. I said the same thing this generation and I ended up buying a Wii (I'm weak... :laughing:), but this is seriously pissing me off. It's unbelievable the total disrespect Nintendo shows for the European (and Australian) market.

It seems Nintendo of Europe's calendar only has 3 dates on the whole year, since they for some idiotic reason decide to release all their games in 3 or 4 dates, leaving us without games for most of the year.

Let's look at the competition: I see Microsoft releasing their games at the same time (or with a difference of days) as the US market, and they are starting to make an effort to subtitle and dub games in other languages (see Blue Dragon, which will have dubs and subtitles in a ridiculous amount of languages); I see Sony translating games for small markets such as the Portuguese market (my country), and actually updating or making games for this very same market (for example, a Singstar game with local bands), and still releasing games faster than NoE. And NoE never even bothered to translate something like Brain Training for our market, never mind the more "text heavy" efforts.

It's unbelievable how little things change with NoE. Not even the huge success they are having with the DS and the Wii makes them improve the way they handle our market. People shouldn't have to import consoles to have games to play.

Yeah, it's great to be a Nintendo fan... in Japan and the US...

Why would you be flamed?

* me searches for his good and trusthworthy flamethrower * :)

flamethrower754684mc9.jpg

It seems Nintendo of Europe's calendar only has 3 dates on the whole year, since they for some idiotic reason decide to release all their games in 3 or 4 dates, leaving us without games for most of the year..

These decisions are done by Nintendo of Japan, not NoE. NoE's problem is that localization takes some time, and when it is ready, NoJ decides that the date will be pushed to certain strategic day. However, according to Reggie, Nintendo is currently spreading their titles all around the year, because it doesn't matter that much with their current strategy. If you look NoE's release dates, we notice that we are only two titles late from USA, and we have got at least one 1st party effort per month*. This didn't never happen on Gamecube era, so there is at least little truth in Reggie's statement.

* Only exception being May, when we didn't get anything. So far NoE has released 7 titles.

NoE's problem is that localization takes some time, and when it is ready, NoJ decides that the date will be pushed to certain strategic day.

So August 10 is a strategic date!!! Now I know why I've been waiting since last year for Trauma Center - Second Opinion... :grin:

Or why people are waiting for, say, Metroid Prime Pinball for over a year and a half...