N-Europe

Final Fantasy XIII

Charlie

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 11 has been kicking my butt, even regular enemies are taking some beating. I checked the G-Faqs message boards and read that the difficulty does seem to spike dramatically at this point.

I've spent the last hour level grinding at a sweet spot and will continue to do so tomorrow so I can power my way through! :)

YES YES YES. Grinding. Powerful regular enemies. Amazing. Just what I was hoping for

Can't wait to get there (though some regular foes are giving me a hard time early - 7 hours - in the game).

Fighting Dalaat (sp?) I've maxed out my crystarium and i've set up some awesome paradigm combos, everything was going well, got a boss down to 1/16th(or near enough) of its health meter and it then casts doom, race against time which I can't beat though I haven't upgraded any weapons/acc yet. Any tips?

I've maxed out my crystarium at the moment, on chapter 9 but still grinding for the next crystarium level. I still need to understand the weapons upgrade bit, I don't want to use some items only to find out that I need them for a more powerful one later on.

I find it annoying how some characters aren't even given proper names. Its as if S-E were watching the weather forecast one day and thought it would sound cool.

Still loving the gameplay, even though its become a bit difficult.

You don't sell component for money. You sell chips.

I'm fighting a boss on chapter 9

The fal'Cie

I had been fighting him for about 20 minutes when the bastard put doom on me. I only had 70 000 hp left of about 450 000.

Edited by Tales

For the chapter 9 boss once he slaps doom on you try and switch to Relentless Assault to do max damage in the short time given. If you need to heal switch to Diversty.

I just owned chapter 11 after grinding my levels, was very satisfying seeing the beasties fall to my blade!

The opening to chapter 12....fan-FREAKING-tastic. :D

Relentless Assault might not be the best choice if the characters he is using are better in physical attacks. I used Aggression for more damage.

Just beat him, Way faster this time and before he used doom(just in case I levelled up a ring to 45% resistance). Switched between Relentless Assault for chains, and Aggression for more pure damage and Combat Clinic for healing. It works faster and is much less risky and a sentinel is pretty good to have when recoving from his massive attack.

Don't think I'm going the enter this thread anymore now that Hero of Time is finished with the game soon. I'm not taking any chances.

Edited by Tales

38 hours and the game is over and the world is saved! :bouncy:

I managed to beat the last boss with little incident despite not levelling up any of my weapons or accessories once during the whole game. I did level up my 3 main 'jobs' to the max on each of my 3 main characters crystal board so that clearly did the trick.

Having fought Dysley twice before I was wise to his tricks. This time I beat him to death very fast, so much so that he didn't get a chance to use his Doom spell. Much like Tales did in his earlier fight.

Orphans 1st form was pretty easy at the start and everything was going well until the cheap son of a bitch cast death on Light so I had to restart the battle! :angry: This time I put a couple of accessories on her to protect her from the Death spell and set about him again.

Again the first half of the fight was pretty easy but once I got his health halfway down the battle became quite intense. It was a battle of juggling between laying down some stats on my team and Orphan, healing and then going on the attack. Eventually I got a little tired of this I risked it with an all out attack with Agression, it paid off! :D

His 2nd form is pretty much a joke, not much to do but get his Stagger Meter up and then pummel him, heal and repeat before you die from Doom. Very easy.

I thought it was great having Vanille and Fang be the ones who saved the world and quite touching the positions their crystal forms were left in. I know ALOT of people hate the whole My Hands fiasco but being a fan of the song I enjoyed it when it finally hit at the end.

So now that its over did I enjoy it? You betcha! I thought the game was fantastic. It started off holding your hand and as the game progressed it forced you to use everything it had taught you during the previous chapters.

I loved how certain characters developed and really grew on me during the course of the game. Both Vanille and Hope started off as very annoying but by the end of the game they turned out to be welcome additions to the FFXIII line-up. Although I loved him from the start, I have read many people say the same think about Snow.

I thought the music was amazing in the game, so much so that I may have to pick up the soundtrack at some point. There are quite a few tunes that have already been lodged into my head and I can see myself humming them for a while when I go back to work. Also, the new upbeat Chocobo Theme with lyrics is class! :D

Now im off to start some sidequests!

Seeing as everyone loves this, I can't help but think 'told you so' to the people who thought it would be terrible. It's Final Fantasy, what do you expect?! They throw that much money at it and retain the same formula to the extent that you know it's going to be an above average game.

Is this game going to get any better? I am not trying to sound negative, but I am 20 hours in on the 3rd disk and now I am starting to get bored with this game. Enemies are the same old same old with minor name changes to make them stronger or weaker...whatever.

So far I still think this game is better then FFVIII and FFX easily, but I can easily just see myself returning this game and getting it cheaper when the time comes.

Seeing as everyone loves this

Everyone on this forum, not everyone in the whole world, I have already spoken to at least 10 of my friends who just find the game...boring.

I can't help but think 'told you so' to the people who thought it would be terrible.

I admit I thought it was going to be terrible, but what do you expect when it's made by the same people who have made the shittiest FF games out there.

But more to the fact, I find this game rather...average, which is a shock to my system coming from this team.

But it's not 'THE GREATEST EVAR' as a matter of fact it's a long way of being Great...it's just...average. I still think for a game like this it's a joke it took so long to make.

Edited by killer kirby

Everyone on this forum, not everyone in the whole world, I have already spoken to at least 10 of my friends who just find the game...boring.

Everyone on this forum is very good odds. And who knows what your friends are like to be honest.

I admit I thought it was going to be terrible, but what do you expect when it's made by the same people who have made the shittiest FF games out there.

Oh just get your poison off here. Nearly everyone else loves these games, you don't. We get it. No need to keep bitching on about it. They were cracking games, but you only like old school hardcore / Dragon Quest style / tactics games. You're fussy, and never satisfied.

But it's not 'THE GREATEST EVAR' as a matter of fact it's a long way of being Great...it's just...average. I still think for a game like this it's a joke it took so long to make.

As I said before, it's clearly above average. Look up the definition of average...there's easily 5 movie tie ins / rehashed racer shite / my little pony does the cooking for every Final Fantasy XIII. So really 'average' is something you would use to relate it to the vast majority of games...which this easily spanks. And if you think it's better than FFVIII, it's not average. It must be divine.

Everyone on this forum is very good odds.

Yes everyone on here represent the whole 2 million people that have bought the game. I agree so much now, I see the evidence everywhere. Ignore all the people who don't like the game, they haven't played it the right way it should.

And who knows what your friends are like to be honest.

These would be friends who own a game store, friends who have loved RPG's their whole life, friends who have good taste in games, one loves FFVII the most, another loves FFIX the most, another loves Secret of Mana the most and another who thinks Mass Effect is the greatest gift from God. And another loves Chrono Trigger. All these people have thought and asked why a FF like this is well...boring.(Oh and we are all hyped for Monster Hunter 3 and Red Dead Redemption as well)

Oh just get your poison off here. Nearly everyone else loves these games

On this thread yes, But hey, people go dissing the Wii for things that people love about it, may as well put my thoughts on a game I BOUGHT with my own money. I have a right to say what I think of all these games, I wasted hours of my life on these...games.

Why can I not state something about the negative aspect of this game? Oh that's right, it's Final Fantasy, EVERY FINAL FANTASY IS GOOD BECAUSE IT HAS A NUMBER AT THE END OMG!!! Seriously, the Final Fantasy series is now becoming something like the Sonic series, those really shitty games that fanboys just say are good and excellent, but in fact they are games that should not even get a 1/10 because they suck so much...yep, FF is now becoming like that.

but you only like old school hardcore / Dragon Quest style / tactics games. You're fussy, and never satisfied.

Ugh...where do I start...

Baten Kaitos Origins

baten-kaitos-origins-20060801040121840_640w.jpg

Sakura Wars series

sakura-01.jpg

Ys series

7thys01.jpg

Xenosaga

xenosaga1a.jpg

Tales Of series

tales-of-vesperia-20080624095816871_640w.jpg

Persona

persona4_fight.jpg

Chrono Cross

s_0.jpg

Your argument is flawed, just like the story in FFVIII

All these games I have just mentioned above have great stories fantastic worlds, fun to play and are nothing like the Dragon Quest series and Tactics games. I ain't fussy and I am satisfied when a good game is out, FFXIII is starting to get boring, I don't mind linear games even in RPG's but going through one battle after another with the same enemy design is such a chore, and playing games that are like a chore put a great negative to how I think of a game.

I love modern JRPG's, other then the Dragon Quest series and Tactics games

It's just that the Final Fantasy games like VIII, X and XIII can't even come close enough to being as good as these games I have high standards for good games, FF series does not make it (Wait I should take that back, FFXI and XII are good games)

As I said before, it's clearly above average. Look up the definition of average...there's easily 5 movie tie ins / rehashed racer shite / my little pony does the cooking for every Final Fantasy XIII.

But those are shit, just because games that come out around the same time are shit does not mean a game like FF series can get away from being crap.

And if you think it's better than FFVIII, it's not average. It must be divine.

I am not even going to bother with this statement, I feel like my IQ went down by a lot...need to play some chess now to see if I can get them back.

I have yet to finish the game sadly since I have been working. I should have it done by this weekend so I can happily give out on what I really think (I still pray that the big world people are talking about is good)