N-Europe

Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers!

Charlie

I think this will definitly show up at E3 with FFCC; RoF having being out a while now and the wiiware game having just hit it would be a great idea to keep the interest in this sub-franchise going by atleast showing off some gameplay footage if not a playable demo.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had "on-spec in-game ready" material though:

ffccwii5lo.jpg

Lots of polygons and even crap ground textures in there; strange, considering with rendering software you could just enable NURBS (of course, even if this wasn't, probably the part with the airships would be pre-rendered). But it wouldn't be that normal to do a pre-rendered video like this (not with assets like that); specially considering it's Square-Enix we're talking about; if... this was all FMV it would be stuck in Chrono Cross era. (last Square game I've seen with Polygons showing up in the FMV's)

I bet you twenty quid that if you asked Squeenix they'd tell you it wasn't in game.

I bet you twenty quid that if you asked Squeenix they'd tell you it wasn't in game.
Perhaps not in-game, but definetly on-spec, you could nulify those low polygon counts easily at the distance of a few clicks when it comes to professional software and taking into acount they would be doing CGI. FMV's with polygon edges, like I stated... Is something that I don't see since Chrono Cross in Square-Enix games, that's a few years back. Not even "lesser" games like... Chocobo Dungeon are "cheap" in that sense, Square-Enix has standards you know.

Those models... were meant (and perfectly possible) for in-game.

Cooking Mama shifts the units. We all await Final Fantasy: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmare CXI.

haha very good. But seriously, with the Wii absolutely smashing all others in terms of sales and the sales of Wii software so much higher than all the rest, it would be madness not to invest in quality Wii titles.

At the end of the trailer, it clearly states "coming soon" :indeed:

a relative term...

Like how 'fall' in the videogames industry really means 'oh shit, i don't know when it's coming out, but before christmas because we need the sales'

Or how when sony say 'spring' it really means 'anytime from april to august' or in the case of Home, 'any time between now and christmas'

I was really looking forward to an action based RPG on Wii and I was very excited that S-E might be bringing to us. In fact, the prospect of this game was one of the reasons that I bought the Wii (let's face it, didn't we all buy the system on promises?).

The idea of this disappearing into the darkness actually upsets me quite a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wonder if this game got canceled: I mean from the list it doesn't seem like it gets shown at E3 either (if it isn't gonna show up as a surprise).

It might show up the on Square Enix "party" in August but somehow I doubt it. After all the list of the games shown on the SE is known too already and this game isn't on the list.

Of course, it could still be in development - I mean: We haven't heard much from FF XIII either but it is at least on the list for the "party" in August...

However, I hope it wasn't canceled and might show up somewhere (E3 or SE party) as "surprise".

EDIT:

At least from what I found out the game was to be confirmed to be still in development 3 months ago, so I believe it wasn't cancelled but still no content at all E3 (though there still might be a small trailer or something like this)..?

EDIT2: Btw. I just read that the Wii line up is still not none yet, only the other platforms...

We've had small trailers for two years now. S-E duped the public into believing that Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy would be out for Wii launch, and we only just got Dragon Quest two years later, and Japan don't even have FF. We haven't seen anything from it in a year.