NEurope

Have you met any of the epic creatures Sanchez?

It was the first thing I saw when I emigrated to a new nest, a 10 meter tall creature that looked like a rock golem.

I was watching it in awe for about 5-10 seconds before I noticed it was walking towards.

Suffice to say, I panicked and ran like hell.

Yeah they were clearly added for the "woah" effect.

I can imagine them being a bit of a nuisance later on.

But it would pretty awesome to find out that your creature is being used as an epic creature

That was awesome Sanchez, but unfortunately exactly what I thought. The Space bit will make it or brake it for me.

Why is it that when you install the game it doesn't create a desktop shortcut or start menu button?

Wtf. "Spore has encountered an error and needs to close". So now I can't play the damn thing? I already wasted 1 reinstall, I only get one more.

Why is it that when you install the game it doesn't create a desktop shortcut or start menu button?

If you're on Vista go to the games folder on start menu

Wtf. "Spore has encountered an error and needs to close". So now I can't play the damn thing? I already wasted 1 reinstall, I only get one more.

This absolute shit, all this anti piracy crap is completely useless and only fucks up the few costumers they get.

Yeah, I already knew about Vista and it's crappy file management system. Not there. Still can't get it to run.

Thing is Spore is the first PC game I've bought in ages thinking "I want this to actually run properly". Fuck that shit.

Ok, I'm trying to update my video card drivers and its coming up with a message "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver", what does that mean?

Got bored of it surpringly quickly. I ended creation mode too soon so my creature didn't look liked the way I wanted. Tribe mode was awful. The few times the chief was present he always refused to eat and the rest of the time he was in the outer space and refused to come back down >_> Giving presents and perform dances was a mess so I found myself forced to kill the other tribes instead. Conquest mode felt like I was playing Age of Empires gone wrong. This mode finally proved I have no imagination whatsoever. Quit playing after I captured the second city.

I love the idea of this game, I'm abit slow and only knew about it when Jordan posted in ''post your purchases'' that he'd got it, I'm abit of a creator fan (ie. I like making mass of towns with creatures etc), I'm abit worried by the comments, I'm getting a new computer within the new two weeks, albeit it will be a brand spanking gamers one so hopefully it should run...

hmm.

It'll run fine.

This game is brilliant. The space part is so fleshed out it's crazy. Love it. The creature section seemed a bit bare. Dunno, seemed very repetitive and samey through that bit. The spore creation stage was fun, though. And the city mode too.

lol "Mac gamers"

Oi! lol don't be dissing mac gamers.

I don't think my laptop is powerful enough to run this, has spore coming out for the mac, if so is it like WoW where theres one edition or is there a 'special' mac version?

I was going to get Mercs 2 but since that is crap I'm going to get this instead. I was going to hold off for a while but since I unpacked my PC on the weekend I might as well use it.

I´m having a blast playing this, just entered city mode, not in any real hurry to tech up yet.

Been designing my city houses, the theme for my city is cactuses.

Got the idea because when I made them dance in tribal mode the music sounded like mexican music.

Thinking about making my saucer shaped like a sombrero.

EDIT: Also if you wanna see some of my ENGENIUS creation you can throw me a buddy invite.

Names Mundi

It'll run fine.

This game is brilliant. The space part is so fleshed out it's crazy. Love it. The creature section seemed a bit bare. Dunno, seemed very repetitive and samey through that bit. The spore creation stage was fun, though. And the city mode too.

Oo fab :awesome:! It sounds great, I really want to it, damn waiting.

The Creature Creator ran fine on my laptop - will the final game also run or have the specs been bumped up?

I love love love love the music that plays in Tribe mode when an allied tribe brings you a gift, it's fantastic :D

Finally got it running. Love it :smile: One of those games you can get lost playing and emerge 6 hours later without realising. Only up to creature stage so far though; my first 2 hours got lost after a power cut (god damn no auto-save!) and I'm having to hold myself back tonight as I need up early tomorrow.

Btw, we all gonna share tags? Mine is Gizmo54

Yeah i LOVE this game already.. im up to creature stage and busy eating other peoples creatures... like Stefkov's :heh:

i will add you Gizmo ... my tag is nintenchris if anyone wants to add me

So I'm the only one underwhelmed... But I only played until space mode and a bit more. All other phases were very shallow, only the creature, building and vehicle creation broke the rule and are very satisfying. I'm overall very disappointed with the lack of depth the game has when it comes to the choices that matter, specially after what Will had advertised.

Hmmm... I'm not enjoying the space age.

It plays like: go here, talk to person, do mission, kill or teraform, go back home.