NEurope

You have to get past the first stage in order for there to see the main gameplay. What about it did you find boring? I find it boring after doing most of the stuff in the space stage and constantly being attacked by the undefeatable Grox, but at your stage there was still stuff to do.

I'm about there now, what in God's name am I supposed to do now? I'm losing colonies left, right and centre at the moment, and I only have two cities left on my home world. Nobody told me this game was going to get balls-clenchingly difficult.

I'm about there now, what in God's name am I supposed to do now? I'm losing colonies left, right and centre at the moment, and I only have two cities left on my home world. Nobody told me this game was going to get balls-clenchingly difficult.

They basically decided to put an impossible situation at the end of the game. Because they're bastards.

well the space part has ruined this for me, i just cant be assed to do any of the tasks it gives ya, doesnt seem very fun, collecting species and what not.

So the game is overhyped.

Wouldnt say it was overhyped, it'll keep a lot of the younger generation amused for months/years, especially if some add-ons come out, which is bound to happen.

The middle chunk of the game was really good imo, but the rest was a bit poop.

Wouldnt say it was overhyped, it'll keep a lot of the younger generation amused for months/years, especially if some add-ons come out, which is bound to happen.

The middle chunk of the game was really good imo, but the rest was a bit poop.

So yeah overhyped.

Can someone please explain this DRM thing to me please.

Basically, it makes people want to pirate the game. Just like the unskipable stuff on DVDs.

Basically, it makes people want to pirate the game. Just like the unskipable stuff on DVDs.

Or immobilizers on a car... say!

Maryland resident Melissa Thomas filed a class action lawsuit against publisher EA this week over alleged issues encountered with Spore's DRM (Digital Rights Management) software, SecuROM.

On behalf of the proposed class, Thomas alleges that the DRM is invasive, and that EA kept the installation of SecuROM a "secret" from users.

"Whenever it downloads, installs or runs, SecuROM uses resources belonging to the computer owner, which by definition, makes those resources unavailable for other tasks," read the complaint, filed Monday in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.

"...Nowhere in any of EA's discussions, responses or explanations of its DRM did EA disclose that the Spore disk contained a separately-installed, stand-alone, uninstallable DRM program..."

The plaintiff and class seek damages in the amount of monies paid for Spore games, legal fees and other damages that in total amount to over $5 million.

EA is accused of violating the Consumer Legal Remedies Act, unfair competition and interfering with property.

The Spore DRM debacle has begun to overshadow the merits of the game itself. When the game launched earlier this month, anti-DRM posters flooded the game's Amazon.com listing with one-star reviews, many complaining about SecuROM. Thomas' complaint cited several of these comments.

Thomas' complaint also claimed that the only way to remove SecuROM completely is to wipe the PC's hard drive or replace the hard drive.

EA recently bowed to pressure from anti-DRM users, choosing to loosen some of the property protection methods that Spore previously implemented in order to help appease concerned gamers.

An EA rep did not immediately offer comment on the case.

I really wish this would come to PS3... I downloaded the creature creator and it didn't work! first it failed to execute then it said a DLL file was missing....showed me all ther reasons I hate PC gaming...

I really wish this would come to PS3... I downloaded the creature creator and it didn't work! first it failed to execute then it said a DLL file was missing....showed me all ther reasons I hate PC gaming...

Did you use the EA Downloader? If so you'll need to change the name of it's .exe file (the EA Downloader, not Spore) as having the EA Downloader running causes Spore to crash (and Spore tries to open the EA Downloader every time you run Spore).

Did you use the EA Downloader? If so you'll need to change the name of it's .exe file (the EA Downloader, not Spore) as having the EA Downloader running causes Spore to crash (and Spore tries to open the EA Downloader every time you run Spore).

nope downloaded it straight off the EA site through my browser.

The space stage is awesome! So much better than the rest of the game, I'm actually addicted to it now which is something a game hasn't done to me in months.