NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

so whats actually in that flap? just the SD card slots?

its so tiny!

I got that picture from http://gonintendo.com and they don't seem to have any story behind it. Most people seem to think this is where the DVD attachement thing will go and the SD memory cards.

I'm hoping for something more though.

i still think the DVD 'atachment' is just something, like a little chip, that will go inside the wii. not in that flap. there was a discussion a while ago, and i put up a pic of the wii and it had to 'holes' under it, which i think the DVD attachment will go there.

ive a question, when did nintendo actually say that this DVD thing will be a dongle?

In the " Wii - everything you need to know" thread (http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5345) it mentions you need another attachement to play DVD but I havnt read this myself anywhere from anyone at Nintendo. I would of thought a software update would of been the better option for allowing the thing to play DVD's similar to the Xbox not playing DVD's until you brought the remote.

the dongle was briefly mentioned at Nintendo's E3 conference last year

wii01.jpg

What's that orange thingy? Is it the Dolby Digital out although the MP3 and SMG demos only showed off Dolby Pro Logic II?

The rest is your standard dual USB, power and A/V connector.

I thought it's the sensor bar port.

Yeah that must be it.

Pro Logic II it is then :hmm:

Nice. Black fits me old Cube controllers. Yay.

OMG finally, that is awesome! It's not dolby pro logic 2, it's Dolby Surround sound, that is really great news, the GDC box didn't have this- I really really hope that digital surround is standard.

No it is not an internet cable- it's for sound (because it's located next to the AV cable on the chipset)

The system looks like a really solid construction.

OMG finally, that is awesome! It's not dolby pro logic 2, it's Dolby Surround sound, that is really great news, the GDC box didn't have this- I really really hope that digital surround is standard.

No it is not an internet cable- it's for sound (because it's located next to the AV cable on the chipset)

How are you sure it's a digital sound output and NOT the sensor connection?

I want it too but I'm skeptical since Metroid and Mario are likely not to be using it, as they show off only the Dolby Pro Logic II logo on startup.

Doesn't look like a Dolby Surround port, then again I never seen a Dolby port before. Ain't a Internet port either as it has Wifi.

I expect Pro Logic II, considering the Wii is going to be cheaper than it' rivals. The AV cable will carry video and Pro Logic sound, just like the Gamecube.

If it had Dolby Digital it would have a Optical or Coax digital port. Then again AV cable might have those ports but I highly doubt it.

I havn't seen a dolby port but I would of thought it was the sensor bar port.Is that A/V connector port the same as the Cube port over here? It looks it so importing will be made so much easier.I still want confirmation if it's going to be region free or not.

got a better pic

news-2006-05-10-wiisensor01.jpg

the lpug matches the colour at the back of the Wii doesnt it. the orange port at the back of the Wii is for the sensor

colour coded to help stupid people who can't figure out where to plug the bar in. i thought it wasn't USB when i saw that pic a few days ago

The latest Famitsu has an updated Wii release schedule, and in addition to all the E3 announcements, it includes a few surprises.

Bandai Namco Games is set to publish SD Gundam G Breaker and Mobile Suit Gundam (Kidou Senshi Gundam in Japan) for the system. Its Banpresto subsidiary has a game listed as "Title TBA," although this is likely the "Family Action Game" we currently have in our database.

From Software, the makers of the Armored Core series, is working on a Wii action game of some form. We presume it will either feature mechs or ninjas, but From has been known to try new things every now and then.

A few of the lesser known Japanese publishers are working on Wii titles as well. Hudson is set to publish a "Flight Game" for the system. Jaleco is working on a game whose title is listed as TBA. Marvelous Interactive has an original simulation game in development for the system.

Marvelous is the Japanese publisher behind the Harvest Moon series, which is known in Japan as Bokujou Monogatari. Natsume already announced Harvest Moon for the Wii at E3, but Famitsu actually lists both "Harvest Moon" and "Bokujou Monogatari Series" in its release list. It's unclear if this is an error, or if the Wii really does have two farming games in development.

All these games are listed in the magazine with TBA dates. In Japan, only Wii Sports and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are set for release between October and December of this year. Expect that launch list to expand as the Wii's release approaches.

Dante it's a hardware thread, post it in a new thread if it is new information.

Yeah that must be it.

Pro Logic II it is then :hmm:

Oh my god! Will Nintendo never learn? 5.1 dolby digital surround??? It sounds more and more that it will be no more than a souped up Gamecube. Will we at least have progressive scan (and a component cable support) in Europe this time?

Already knew about them.Hope Mobile Suit Gundam is good,just don't like SD Gundam...