NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

The light gun is really rather sexy and also wonderfully NES-alike.

Oood, Havok! Good stuff. That's a prime piece of middleware.

Havok on Wii

Innovative physics software officially licensed for Nintendo's Wii console

Is it a tool included with the dev-kit?

Seems like it yes.

So it seems the wii remote is fully expandable and upgradable. Imagine, if you will nintendo come up with some new idea an a new controller. Expansion away and its done, although this could become a costly expansion, but if they were just shells I doubt it would cost much.

Sweet, all I need now to make my wii dreams come true is tales of whatever for wii, hopefully howling if it isn't already on something else.

No one complains about Wii's graphics? I've looked at some game pictures and I noticed that none of the pics has anti-aliasing. That can explain the "GPU being developed by ATI". Not that I'm complaining, but that can mean the games are actually running on a modified GCN GPU while the other one is not ready... It's just a thought.

Anyway, I don't really see the need for a gun.

The visuals look just fine. And the best so far is the ausence of loadings in the games :p

I hope it continues like that cause I hate to wait to play a game.

I don't have a problem with the wii's graphics at all, their next gen enough for me.

just look at some pics of the 'Zapper' and noticed a few things (like the ability to use the B button still) :grin:

gun1sm.jpg

I would take the b button more for reload, but secondary weapon is also a good idea. The realod thing in your picture, is most likely just a very large trigger.

I don't have a problem with the wii's graphics at all, their next gen enough for me.

They are a considerable improvement over the GC, which is more then enough for me. I just want to try the thing out so bad!

Well i'm only really trying to point out the fact that maybe there is a function to the handle... i was only thinking of reloading arnie style in t2 btw. But the question remains, do you think the handle had a function or is it just a gap in design?

Some interesting stuff about the Classic Controller - Firstly take a look at this...

22072.jpg

As is clearly shown in that pic and as Planet Gamecube mentioned there are some clips at the back, it looks like something can be attached. Apparently Nintendo booth people said it was a secret and confirmed that the Classic controler plugs directly into the Wiimote. Perhaps you can clip the Wiimote onto the controller or something.

I'm a bit disappointed really with the placement of the analogue sticks and z-button on the controller. I hope you can change the buttons around because it'd be really awkward on something like Goldeneye. I can't see myself getting one unless its bundled anyway, no need really if I can use my Cube controller with all the Virtual Console games.

Also apparently the shoulder buttons are pressure sensitive like the Gamecube which suggests to me that it'll basically just be an alternative to the Cube controller as those games will be compatible with it too.

Is Z button that litle on the top? weird spot...

Oh and have you noticed all fhc had that think to put in your arm?

controllr4sm.jpg

yeah i noticed that on the tennis match they had in the conference. just so that you dont lose the controller mid smash or mid sword swipe etc!!

I don't think there'll be a wiimote shell but instead the Classic controller will be used. Think about it, why should you have to buy two controllers, one for VC games, and another for the PS3/XBOX360 ports? Also, three different controllers will just confuse people and Nintendo want to simplify gaming. Hmm, which spoon should I eat this soup with? The small one? The middle sized one? How about the big one? Ah screw it, I'll just drink the god damn soup!

Yep, wrist strap is a good idea. I can see myself getting too much into Zelda and whirling blade my fhc out the window.