Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I don't think you can. Its so shit. If I hadn't taken it round my friends this wouldn't have happened. And yet, I don't even know what went wrong. Maybe because it was lead on a carpet for a bit and got loads of dust inside or something. Other games work OK.

Thing is, you can tell there's a problem because you can eject brawl while the console is still on. This wasn't possible before.

I could be playing this comfortably now but somehow it messed up and now I feel like a dickhead even though it wasn't my fault.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently some people over at NeoGaf have Mario Kart, and if you already have the 3.2 firmware, the game won't prompt an update. Which means it doesn't block the Freeloader. Which means us who have imported Brawl shouldn't worry about getting Mario kart, and we get to keep playing Brawl!:yay:

I could be playing this comfortably now but somehow it messed up...

Buy a DVD lens cleaner mate. They are cheap and it wont harm your wii. Will only do it good actually. Give brawl a clean too. The DVD cleaner should get any dust out though.

Other than that bitch to Nintendo that your wii stopped reading disks and dont mention brawl. They will clean it for you. May cost if your out of your warranty though. Other than that ... erm... sell it and sit on your thumbs till the euro version comes out. I know you will get £30 for it in Chips stores.

...if you already have the 3.2 firmware, the game won't prompt an update.

I dont get this...can't you just skip the update if you use the freeloader disk? (Or is that when ONLY using import titles?) Utterly confusing...

I can't believe that NOE are seriously considering releasing Brawl in September... May / June would have been bad enough, it's been out for well over a month now in US and even longer in JP.

I'm so glad I decided to get the US version. :smile:

It's been a while since I've been here. Over the past couple of months I have to say that Pit is a character I've grown to like quite a lot. I like his moveset, even if his Final Smash is pretty dire. Pikachu seems even better to me now, for some reason. Gotta love the Pika.

I've taken Brawl to a friends house before and it worked fne both ways as expected, on his then when I got home worked on mine. Is the disc scratched or anything? Or dust in your Wii?

I got Brawl to work on both of their T.V's to start with, after getting up in the morning it refused to work. Now the Wii stops doing anything.

It could be dust, so as tapedeck said, maybe get a dvd lens cleaner?

How do you know that? Probably just a coincidence

As I said it booted up 40 times at my house and has been completely hassle free, so maybe someone scratched te disk at my friends house or a lot of dust got into it.

Could it be due to a freeloader scratch, because now when it loads the said whirring sound occurs which didnt before? If I got a new freeloader could that work?

Its time we face reality. Its never going to be released over here.

I'm starting to suspect that Nintendo have caught the old habit they had during the N64 when they decided to see exactly how long they could have their games in the shops without anybody noticing.

I still think it will be released about June time, I don't think they're going with September. If Nintendo really do have a few aces up their sleeves for the Winter there isn't that much point in holding off Smash to be one of them. June makes kinda sense, and the rumours that have come out (Ie. the date change on the website before they removed it a few months ago) seem to point to Junish over something else.

The website is being stopped updating on Monday, after people have bought Mario Kart but before all the attention needs to be on Wii fit, Monday makes sense to release the date then. Plus them deciding to wait 3 days to finish updating the site rather then just doing it on a Friday doesn't really make much sense to me. They've put more then one update one the site a day before. I hold the idea they just don't want the date to distract from Mario Kart and that's why they're not releasing it over the last couple of weeks.

I believe it will be September at the latest, I think Nintendo are holding it off to be released to compete with Little Big Planet released the same month...sigh, GAME.co.uk still has the game scheduled for May 1st, I plan on popping to GAME to pick up my pre-order promised by blonde woman, then make a huge deal out of being disapointed, hopefully i'll get something out of it =D...just not brawl =[

If I can't find my old DVD lens cleaner, where should I get it from. I'd have thought it would have only been a couple of quid.

Any from these?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=dvd+lens+cleaner

Take it into gamestation, they will clean it professionally for a few quid. Well, they do in all my local ones. I'd love to see their faces when you present Brawl to them... :)

Guest Stefkov

I just used Ike in a Brawl against level 5s. Damn hes awesome.

PS: That online board is dead. If anyone wants to have fun beating me up 4940-5480-5193. Add me if you want.

PPS: Is it me or is it just not finding anyone online?

I just used Ike in a Brawl against level 5s. Damn hes awesome.

PS: That online board is dead. If anyone wants to have fun beating me up 4940-5480-5193. Add me if you want.

PPS: Is it me or is it just not finding anyone online?

I never did too. Add me if you want.

Too right; I added a whole list of people and only a few have accepted even though I put my code up on those boards. (maybe I should have sent some PMs...)

So to repeat myself; anyone is free to add me - my number is in my sig.

Too right; I added a whole list of people and only a few have accepted even though I put my code up on those boards. (maybe I should have sent some PMs...)

So to repeat myself; anyone is free to add me - my number is in my sig.

Done. .....