N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

playing online is fun - now i am peeved about no ranking system, although still don't cae about voice chat.

it's funny when people resort to using Ike to try and beat you but still fail. lol

Target lvl 4 is evil with lucario, took me a while, although i was quite drunk at the time.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo's failure of a PR executive has agreed to lend his 'talents' to a European exclusive feature of Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has suffered from so many delays in Europe that Nintendo have decided to settle for the rather vague release date of 2008. David Gosen was usually the man to blame for such hinderances during his reign of terror as the managing director at Nintendo of Europe. Though he recently joined the ranks of Microsoft, a trusted source has just provided us with evidence of his return to Nintendo... as a playable character in Smash Bros. Brawl.

Our source writes that Microsoft and Mr. Gosen were more than happy to see the fearsome mechanical overlord join the ranks of respected Nintendo characters, such as Mario, Link and Samus. NGamer Magazine (formerly NGC) were also asked to plan a robotic moveset for Gosen, which derives from the various insults thrown at the marketing failure by the magazine a few years back (he was referred to as GO-SEN, an emotionless, homicidal PR robot with laser beams for eyes).

280.jpg

David "GO-SEN" Gosen returns to Nintendo once again to be pulverised by loyal fans who had to put up with him all those years ago.

The leaked Smash Bros. Dojo update sees the game's producer, Masihiro Sakurai, hilariously describe Gosen as a 'traitor' who joins the fight for the pure purpose of getting the crap kicked out of him. In this update, Gosen's side-splitting cybernetic move-set is detailed.

His standard special move is Robo Beam, which sees laser beams shooting out of Gosen's eyes and into his petrified victims, in a slightly weaker yet swifter take on R.O.B's own Robo Beam. His up special, Robo Burner, heats up his usually cold and unforgiving outer shell and forces Gosen upwards, incinerating the poor sap who dares to stand in his way.

Gosen's side and down specials make use of his mechanical movements and agility, with Rotor Arm acting like a longer-ranged version of Kirby's hammer, and the Gyro attack seeing Gosen flipping onto his head and spinning his electrified legs around in a circle.

After receiving the tip-off from our source, we contacted Mr. Gosen for a statement, who promptly replied: "No comment."

With the Dojo updates expected to end this week, this would be the perfect send-off for all the patient European and Australian fans of the Smash Bros. series.

We're not sure about you, but this more than makes up for the tediously long delay of Brawl in Europe. Stick with us for the latest on David Gosen and any other exclusive developments!

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11658

To be honest, I don't really know what the whole Go-Sen thing is all about (actually, / nando / was telling me about it a few weeks ago when the news of Gosen going to Microsoft came about, and I had no idea about the Go-Sen phenomenon then either...) but its still good to incorporate into an April Fools. A bitta fun! Maybe you shoulda gave the people what they wanted with a proper serious April Fools and news that Brawl launches this weekend in the EU... cos that would be believable. ¬_¬

news that Brawl launches this weekend in the EU... cos that would be believable. ¬_¬

And suffer the wrath of thousands of disappointed Euro-gamers? It'd be the end of N-Europe! The staff would be skinned alive, and that would be the merciful way out. Nah, I like this one better. It's funny, and doesn't create false expectation, and therefore, disappointment.

Good job! Pats on backs, everyone!

(actually, / nando / was telling me about it a few weeks ago when the news of Gosen going to Microsoft came about, and I had no idea about the Go-Sen phenomenon then either...)

It's an NGC Magazine thing.

Most people are bitter that we didn't tell them that Nintendo are releasing a hard drive, or that GTA 5 will be a Wii exclusive, or that Miyamoto is going to be the first man on Mars. And most of the remainder haven't read NGC.

I personally think the point of an April fool is to try and fool people, and I don't think that would have done it. But that wasn't the point obviously and it's a different tactic to take...

But yeah if N-Europe had listed a date as an April fool there would have been a bit of negative reaction :p

I was also surprised by the fact that they're going to update the Dojo for another two weeks now all the levels and characters have been revealed. I know I don't own the game yet but IS there enough material to go that long? Or are they just going to do more 'X characters special moves'.

As for the European release date, if they announce the date after they finish updating the Dojo, then they will technically have to go back and update it with the release date whenever that's announced. So by that thinking I'm thinking that it will be put up there before the Dojo finishes :) Also the fact that the last day they're updating it is a Monday as opposed to the end of a week could indicate they have something planned for then. But again all this is is hoping as much as anything else.

Well they still need to do special moves, then some more about modes maybe. Also list more items or something.

I thought they'd done everyone's special moves now too, haven't they? And if there's only modes and items left, why did they rush to get in Wolf and the Great Sea if they could have spread them out a bit more?

Just completed Subspace, thought the Great Maze was actually the funnest part.

Just unlocked Toon Link by doing classic. Gonna try and unlock Jiggly and Wolf now.

Edit, Wolf is mine. Just did boss battles on easy with fox. This mode must be impossible on intense difficulty. Unless you know every move and when it's about to arrive.

Now unlocked all characters. Happy times.

Toon Link is awesome. I didn't realise it could be used as easily as a meteor smash. I might use him more than i first thought.

When they’re all written down like this, we can see that there was almost a six-year gap before the release of Pikmin and over six years since.

There have been some big releases recently, such as "Animal Crossing", "Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain" and "Wii Sports", but there hasn’t really been a new character-driven series. I guess it’s not easy coming up with something original nowadays.

Seems like someone doesn't like Nintendo's lack of new characters...

Still, he has a good point.