Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's exactly the same speed as using tap A.

C-stick is better if you can't time it with the actually joystick. Only problem with it is that it is a tad weak (can't charge it up).

I find it to be very useful with someone like Ike or DeDeDe, because I'm a noob :yay:

C-stick is better if you can't time it with the actually joystick. Only problem with it is that it is a tad weak (can't charge it up).

Yeah, there's always the slight risk that your timing is off when tapping the Control Stick and pressing the A Button. It can be really annoying in hectic matches. I never use the C Stick, though.

This game is so much more awesome than I'd thought it would be. And that's impressive.

When I started playing I was stunned to see that it plays quite a bit different than melee, but in a much better way. Standard attacks, aerial attacks are much easier/fun to use and everything just seems slicker to pull off.

The final smashes are so cool too, everything I thought they'd be.

The main people I used I didn't expect to touch at all. Diddy Kong, Lucas and Lucario are awesome in this.

Almost all characters are immense.

Pit, Meta Knight, Ike, Marth and some of the veterans are all used by be a lot of the time.

I think the stand out two from what I've played have to be Pit and Lucas.

I was somewhat let down by Snake and Sonic. Neither of them are bad it's just I don't think they really suit the game. Sonic has very samey moves and is too fast, Snake is too slow for my liking, although he's probably awesome in the right hands Dyson

I just love it. Everything has been improved tenfold practically. Super, super game. Some moments you cant help but smile (Anyone else chuckle at that bit when falco gets dragged away by Diddy and fox just holds his arms in the air because it happened to him too?)

Items like cracker launcher, flame thing, pit fall and smart bomb are quality additions.

And Tellyn, I feel for you :(

when it arrived i cried and laughed and had a fit in the space of a couple of seconds. It feels like Ive done something criminally clever.

DEDEDE IS SHITE

Dedede is far from shite I assure you :heh:

Is it just me or is Ike like really overpowered for how quick he is. He's faster than ganon, Bowser and dedede yet hes more powerful and efficient than all of them lol.

But isn't his recovery shockingly bad like marth and Ganon? Also, whenever someone says so and so is crap, always makes me feel like playin as that character and proving them wrong.

Is it just me or is Ike like really overpowered for how quick he is. He's faster than ganon, Bowser and dedede yet hes more powerful and efficient than all of them lol.

Yeah Ike seems to have a bit too much power for his speed. Then again he has no range whatsoever and a crap recovery.

One thing thats been annoying me; Classic mode. Is it just me, or is to really un-random? Every first round I fight either Link or Toon Link. Every round 2 it's DK + Diddy vs me + Yoshi, or Me, DK + Diddy vs Giant Yoshi. Every round 7 its Ike + Marth or Fox + Falco. It's the same 2 target smashes every time.

It's starting to grate. Is it just because I haven't unlocked Wolf yet, or is it gonna be like this for all the remaining characters I play through it with?

Dedede is shite. He sucks.

I knew this was gonna happen but tried to avoid it. A challenge is to complete all-star mode. I hate playing with some characters so beating 35 people will be a pain. Totally gonna use easy mode for some characters.

Done a load of target practices tonight and some All-Star on Very Hard. I love this game, so much to do.

And indeed. Classic isn't really random. Franchise of characters for certain levels.

I find Classic Mode a bit boring, actually. Maybe because of the unrandomness, you talk about (which I've seen too) or maybe because it's too long.

The target smash you get depends on the difficulty you play at, Gizmo. E.g. on Normal, you get 2 and 3, on Easy you get 1 and 2 and so forth.

I haven't unlocked Jigglypuff, Toon Link and Wolf yet, but haven't beaten SSE; I have just begun 'The Great Maze'-level.

Online won't work for me, at least not random online. I only have one friend that stands as "Registered" on my list, so haven't tried Friend-battles.

He's as cheap as fuck.

Yeah Ike seems to have a bit too much power for his speed. Then again he has no range whatsoever and a crap recovery.

Erm....You do realise he has a MASSIVE sword?

But isn't his recovery shockingly bad like marth and Ganon?

No....His B> can be used to recover too.

It's starting to grate. Is it just because I haven't unlocked Wolf yet, or is it gonna be like this for all the remaining characters I play through it with?

Erm....Don't play classic constantly?

Play harder difficulties and you'll get better Break the Targets.

Does Ike have to hit with the edge of his sword like Roy to afflict effective damage or does it not matter as long as he hits you with the sword?

With marth it requires the tip of the sword so it can be argued that he takes a little more skill to use as players need to gauge the distance properly.

You talked about Naruto working and that the problems were only because it was DL, that's wrong because some games don't work with the FL and they're not FL.

And I've been playing Brawl since the Jap release, that's what I meant. Never had any problems, always works fine.

Oh...my god!!!

I think you need to learn better logic and/or English mate.

What's the problem with Brawl?....What's the ONLY thing that makes it different from other games?

Being Duel Layered.

Not only that, but it's been a problem with both regions released so far, AND on local games with local Wiis.

ALSO; your posts suggest that my problems are with Brawl simply not working with Freeloader, which makes no sence whatsoever, since everone elses (almost) are working fine with Freeloader.

No wonder the world's so messed up if people have logic as 'good' as yours.

In short, seeing as though you probably can't follow so far:

Overview

You: "Some games don't work with Freeloader"

Me: "But Brawl isn't one of them, as you can tell by others using it"

You: "Some games don't work though, it's nothing to do with beinh DL"

Me: "But Brawl's supposed to, OTHERS ARE USING IT, people in the US & Jap have been having problems if you haven't been following, apparently due to DL"

because I know the nature of Smash brothers on its own does not keep my attention for too long.

Yeah...There's something called mates.

And alcohol if you want too...etc etc.

Actually i tried it about 50 times and it worked once. Got a little bit closer to unlocking Sonic.

:DI told you it would work....Eventually:(

Tried mine for a bit this morning, but got fed up of trying.

So now I'm talking to Jo and playing your favourite game, Phantom Hourglass;):heh:

Anyway...I rate Brawl 8.5/10

It would get 9 if 5% or whatever of people didn't have hardware/software problems with it...

My copy didn't arrive on Saturday! Damn Jesus and his Smash ruining ways!!

This HAS to be here tomorrow though! Can't wait. Shame as me and my housemates had a gaming day on Saturday so would have been awesome for it!!!

If you're like me, you'll scream, run to the post, look in awe at the small package on the floor, you slow down hoping its the game, realise it is, jump for joy, scream again, go to your Wii, admire the game box for a minute, carfully do the FL updates and then go mental with it.

Pretty much.

Brawl Friend Code

0087 2179 7608

I'll list people I have added in a minute.

My copy didn't arrive on Saturday! Damn Jesus and his Smash ruining ways!!

This HAS to be here tomorrow though! Can't wait. Shame as me and my housemates had a gaming day on Saturday so would have been awesome for it!!!

Mine didn't come either, here's hoping for tomorrow. :)

Does Ike have to hit with the edge of his sword like Roy to afflict effective damage or does it not matter as long as he hits you with the sword?

With marth it requires the tip of the sword so it can be argued that he takes a little more skill to use as players need to gauge the distance properly.

Can someone answer my ONTOPIC question please?

He's as cheap as fuck.

Erm....You do realise he has a MASSIVE sword?

No....His B> can be used to recover too.

Erm....Don't play classic constantly?

Play harder difficulties and you'll get better Break the Targets.

Yes, he has a big sword. I mean he lacks a long range move. Like say, Pits Arrows, Fox's laser, even DeDeDe has the Waddle Dee throwing move. Ike has nothing like that.

I can't comment on the B> recovery because I can't remember noticing it as being useful for that purpose. I'll try it later.

And I'm not playing it constantly. I'm playing it maybe once per time I tur nit on, sometimes I don't play it at all. It's still annoying me.

I'm playing on Hard and getting 3 and 4. Even if I play it on Very Hard, I get 4 and 5. I still don't understand why they couldn't have 1 per character, designed specifically for that characters moveset.

Why all the aggro?

Have added:

Echo Desiato

Zelda Rulez

Giz

Shadow

Emasher

Hellfire

Mike

ScubaHood

Viper

MatTheHat

Dyson

HoT

So add me!

And to Answer deathjam, i dont think it really matters where you hit for any sword character, although it is best at its edge.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!