Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

So what this ultimately proves is that the only in-game reference is her being a tomboy, which the dictionary says is a girl who acts like a boy (see my previous post), and that a "non-canon" manga (so basically not written by the people who make the game) is the only real reference to her changing gender.

So, basically, according to the game she's a girl the whole time, according to a comic written by someone outside of the game completely, she changes. The game says she's a girl disguised as a man. Sounds like this is exactly what I (along with Deathjam, The-chosen-one, and others) have been arguing all along)

Did you not read my post, or just ignore it? I made all these points before (as did Deathjam!) but you don't seem to address them.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what this ultimately proves is that the only in-game reference is her being a tomboy, which the dictionary says is a girl who acts like a boy (see my previous post), and that a "non-canon" manga (so basically not written by the people who make the game) is the only real reference to her changing gender.

So, basically, according to the game she's a girl the whole time, according to a comic written by someone outside of the game completely, she changes. The game says she's a girl disguised as a man. Sounds like this is exactly what I (along with Deathjam, The-chosen-one, and others) have been arguing all along)

Did you not read my post, or just ignore it? I made all these points before (as did Deathjam!) but you don't seem to address them.

actually, NEVER in the game does it say she stays a girl, in fact, the game assumes that you think she changes, by saying she's a tomboy, you think she changed genders into sheik, i'm neither confirming nor dening the gender, just pointing out something

also noone addressed them because this discussion is not what this thread is about, go make a new one, stop spamming this with sheik's gender. please.

actually, NEVER in the game does it say she stays a girl, in fact, the game assumes that you think she changes, by saying she's a tomboy, you think she changed genders into sheik, i'm neither confirming nor dening the gender, just pointing out something

also noone addressed them because this discussion is not what this thread is about, go make a new one, stop spamming this with sheik's gender. please.

No, it never says straight out that she is a girl, that is the whole point of the disguise, but as I have already said (twice now :indeed: ) the word 'tomboy' according to the dictionary is "a girl who enjoys rough, noisy activities traditionally associated with boys". The first two words are very important there :P

...this isn't spam, it's a discussion. We could open a new thread, but we've had half the discussion now so there isn't much point. And we're not exactly taking up the whole thread, feel free to continue to talk about Smash, and I will join in. There just hasn't been a huge amount of interesting information recently

Incase anyone wanted to know. Ngamer gave Smash Bros 93/100: " Nintendo love spills from every pore and the multipalyer can't be beat, but Smash BRos risks growing too familar. It never breeds contempt, but it doesn't quite muster that Galaxy magic".

Hmm, well if that bad point is only worth knocking off 7% I'm happy enough. Shame it couldn't be higher, Sakurai did his best to make this a new, fresh game but I spose once you've made melee there isn't a huge number of things you can do.

Still, 93% is pretty damn good! (Solitanze won't be happy though lol)

Sheik is Zelda simply dressed up. She does not change gender. Also, I think it was king_V who posted a picture in which it looks like a man....that isn't official artwork, so it may just be from someone who has never played the game and was told to copy a character. Or whatever.

Actually that's THE official artwork of OOT shiek, so don't talk bullshit.

Zelda and Sheik are both female. It's not an opinion (otherwise I could say "Well, I've never seen that guy's genitalia, that could be a woman with small breasts" which is, frankly, stupid) it is a fact. Now please, let's move on. Super Smash Bros, remember?

Wow....Jumping to narrow minded conclusions just because you don't like anyone elses say in the matter; very grown up.

Sheik being male/female is neither fact nor opinion without official say so.

Zelda's using a magical disguise, so before you go jumping to your guns just because someone believes Zelda transforms into a man, just remember that people can believe, with reason, what they want.

Your argument is amazingly flawed, you're shooting down what people think without even thinking, and in fact, without seeing a cock/**** on Shiek, or without official say so from Miyamoto or similar, you can't say that it's a FACT she/he's anything.

Exactly!!!

Anyway....I now reckon Brawl could be anywhere between late May and early June.

Please not late June and definately not July..:(

Wow....Jumping to narrow minded conclusions just because you don't like anyone elses say in the matter; very grown up.

So first you say that everyone can believe what they want to believe but then apparently my opinion is wrong and narrow minded? Nice. I'm also not sure how you think that post I made was narrow minded. I was making several good points to back up the facts, that is all.

Sheik being male/female is neither fact nor opinion without official say so.

...So what is it then? And as I have said, the only in game reference to her gender, as people keep pointing out, is the word 'tomboy' describing Zelda. And as I have said repeatedly, this means a girl acting like a boy. Why does everyone ignore this fact and keep bringing up the tomboy thing when if anything it show's she is a girl?

Your argument is amazingly flawed, you're shooting down what people think without even thinking, and in fact, without seeing a cock/**** on Shiek, or without official say so from Miyamoto or similar, you can't say that it's a FACT she/he's anything.

I thought rather a lot about it actually, hence me making several valid points. Please point out these flaws in an obvious way so I can explain my points better. However I think my arguments are sound.

And about seeing genitalia - okay so that "THE official artwork" you mentioned - have a look at it....do you see a bulge anywhere in the crotch area? No. Are there small bulges in the chest areas? Yes, and although they could be muscle, they just as easily could be strapped down breasts.

Almighty? :o

And oh yes, most definitely :heh: King of Fun and all that jazz!

I just find it incredibly funny that people think that the starting point is that there's no official word on it, so we can assume what we want. Here's a starting point: Sheik is Zelda, Zelda is a woman. THIS is the starting point. Anything more official than that would be bewbs in Brawl.

She's wearing a magical disguise, but that doesn't mean she grew twig and berries, why the hell do people assume that? In a NINTENDO game, there's a character that snaps her fingers and changes her anatomy at least twice? Fascinating.

Also, that Wiki article saying the bandages would restrict her movement? lol, it's the exact opposite!

(also, this discussion is totally pointless and writing this on a crappy keyboard from a Chinese store connected to the Wii is painful

I can't believe you guys are taking this so seriously. It's MAGIC, damn it! We can't know for sure what actually happens when Zelda tranforms! She changes her skin and eye colour and obviously does something to change her body so that it looks like it's male. What about when Link tranforms into a wolf in TP? What happens to his clothes? Why doesn't his earrings tranform? You all wanna know why? 'Cause it's MAGIC! If it could be explained rationally, it wouldn't be magic!

What I'm most tired of is that both sides try to prove that Sheik is male/female WHEN NEITHER HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED! It's been confirmed that Zelda changes into Sheik and that she can magically alter her eye and skin colour. She could be altering her body, too, but she could still be female. In the end, no one maybe except Miyamoto knows.

Christ, people, it's the Brawl delay that's making you (and me) short-tempered!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!