Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I hope the Perfect Shield is a bit easier to pull off than it was in Melee, because the CPU's were always able to do it perfectly and I wasn't.

I know exactly what you mean. But I thought it was called Powershielding? It's also the technique whereby you can reflect projectiles back at opponents, right?

I'm loving the Song of Storms remix, as it was always one of my favourite tunes in Ocarina of Time. Actually, I would have loved to see the remix as a seperate song without Ganondorf's Theme and the Serenade of Water (though they're both pretty good), but it's all right as it is.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are confusing things. The perfect shield in the Dojo just prevents flinching. The reflector you're talking about is Power Shielding.

I believe the Perfect Shield is similar to what Goron_3 once described as a "Crouch Cancel" (or something like that)

I just can't wait for Brawl's sequel, where they remove and replace all these techniques provoking riotous outrage from "hardcore" fans. Again.

Considering Sakurai has made this game more competitive and has put in more techniques, I doubt that will happen.

Also, i really doubt there will be another smash game. If there is, i doubt it would be on Nintendos next console.

I really really wish this was in it, I think this was my favourite piece from Wind Waker (I admit it doesn't really fit with the fighting theme though :( )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the Dragon Roost Island theme on a list of tracks in the game. And heck, it fits the fighting theme better than Midna's Desperation, which I by the way simply love. I'm even trying to learn to play it on the piano. I just can't imagine myself brawling to it.

Considering Sakurai has made this game more competitive and has put in more techniques, I doubt that will happen.

Also, i really doubt there will be another smash game. If there is, i doubt it would be on Nintendos next console.

Nah, I can see it already.

"Coming soon to the Nintendo Helmet! Smash Bros Affray!"

"What! No pivot grab? OMG they've ruined it already! I am so not buying this!"

Nah, I can see it already.

"Coming soon to the Nintendo Helmet! Smash Bros Affray!"

"What! No pivot grab? OMG they've ruined it already! I am so not buying this!"

Yeah cos logically Sakurai would make a 2d fighting game that can't be played competitively. Also, they took L-cancelling out and pretty much everyone who played melee got this. Owned.

I don't think that many are dissing the techniques as much as they are dissing the players who thinks they are the kings of the world because they know the aforementioned techniques.

But what do I know. :p

No one thinks they are kings of the world. The moment you learn the advance techniques the moment you realise there are like thousands and thousands of people better than you.

I hope the Perfect Shield is a bit easier to pull off than it was in Melee, because the CPU's were always able to do it perfectly and I wasn't.

Sonic outracing the cars in Big Blue:

Epic! Who was fastest in melee? I think it was Falcon but could have been falco. Shud have tested it in these conditions.

No one thinks they are kings of the world. The moment you learn the advance techniques the moment you realise there are like thousands and thousands of people better than you.

QFT.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!