Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

28th March would be perfect as I have three weeks of vacation from that day (along with two exams but who cares? XD). It also seems plausible as the Dojo stops updates around that date. My "guess-range" is 28th March to mid-April. And no, I don't base it on anything, I just got a feeling. Heh.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mwahaha good one.

Classic Controller?

Also, that post from GFaqs is exactly what I said about the game ages ago, the "pro players" won't stand changes.

The pro players got VIP passes to play the game at E4All for a while and say they loved it.

Also, you use the term 'pro' really loosely. Seriously, just because some retard American who can barely play melee says 'omgz this game suckorz cos no wavedashing!' doesn't mean everyone says the same. Anyone who has half a brain knows Brawl is a different game; not melee 1.1.

Bad move, I have a pretty awesome 3rd party controller, not quite as comfy but you won't notice when your playing. Logic 3 orange, can't find exact link.

Well im planning on playing Smash Bros for extended periods so I want something that is gonna be comfy. Anyways borrowed a couple from my mate as his gamecube is a dust gatherer and his life is too busy for a Wii at the moment.

Well im planning on playing Smash Bros for extended periods so I want something that is gonna be comfy. Anyways borrowed a couple from my mate as his gamecube is a dust gatherer and his life is too busy for a Wii at the moment.

I plan on picking a Platinum Wavebird up for this. I have 2 normal Wavebirds but this game deserves its own special pad.

Agreed. Its not they type of game you play with just a Wii mote....but you can, because they made it an option. Along with 4 other control methods. How many games have more than 1?

Thats a plus not a negative for cripes sake.

Its not if the best control type suited for a Wii game is a GC controller or a classic controller. Not even a CC came in the Wii box so its still an additional cost for some.

Classic Controller?

Also, that post from GFaqs is exactly what I said about the game ages ago, the "pro players" won't stand changes.

You still have to buy one, man.

Looking online, Smash Bros has been dated by amazon to be available on the 30th of april, a wednesday, while Play.com has it dated for 30th of may, a thursday. I would like to believe in the april date but i don't see the game being released on any other days than thursday or friday.

Everything ive heard about the classic controller sucks, but i think they look cool, just not buying it because it isnt necessary.

Im gettin my second pair of controllers soon, im keeping 2 GC pads with the Wii so i can play GC and smash bros. So when i do get smash bros 2 peeps use GC pads and two people use nunchuk combo.

3rd party GC controllers dont have to suck, i know the one's that GAME sell are but there are great alternatives

I have had bad experiences with third party gear, for example on the 64, i had a third party memory card that would reguarly wipe itself. FUN. The gc ones for some reason are bigger than the official ones so you can't even fit them in the game cases. And I faintly remember having a third party controller for one of my game consoles that failed on me before my official one did.

And I have a classicc controller and its actually very comfortable to hold. Shame I haven't had the time to really test it yet.

Little disappointed that tons of the music in the game is original versions ripped right out of games. It's forgivable in some instances but....Green Hill Zone and Scrap Brain from Sonic 1 are apparently both untouched originals too...and as much as I like the Megadrive's soundchip I wasn't really expecting to hear much music with synth that dated in the game.

Little disappointed that tons of the music in the game is original versions ripped right out of games.

It's better that his has some originals. Makes for a great mix of music. You can always turn the ones you don't like off.

Edit: Amount of Music:

Mario (19)

Donkey Kong (10)

Legend of Zelda (18)

Metroid (10)

Yoshi (6)

Kirby (12)

Star Fox (10)

Pokémon (10)

F-Zero (10)

Fire Emblem (11)

Mother (6)

Pikmin (8)

Wario Ware (17)

Animal Crossing (11)

Kid Icarus (4)

Various NES Games (13)

Wii/DS Music (Brain Training, Wii Sports, etc) (16)

Metal Gear (9)

Original Arrangements (31)

Sonic (12)

Smash Bros. Melee (30)

The Subspace Emissary (15)

Total: 278

+ 27 Victory Themes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plqQfK4I6-M&NR=1

holy cluck! samus talks!! and it is true, if you hold R you'll start as ZS samus, proven by when the loading screen comes on, her shields on (R button is the shield button for those who don't know)

Is it the shield button you hold for all 4 controller settings? Because I read something about it being the minus button you had to press on the Wiimote.

EDIT: Just listening to the music of the game....meh better then SSBM but no where near as good as Mario Galaxy music but still, it's good

Consider the different amount of new music in the two respective games. Galaxy had a lot of new tracks recorded, all fully orchestraed. Brawl has a load of songs from the last many years of gaming, some of them rearranged, some of them in their original form. It's all about the eyes looking: Galaxy has new and fresh music, Brawl has old and nostalgic music. It's all great in my opinion, though.

On a side note, the "space fighter" kind of music in Galaxy in the Space Junk Galaxy and Dreadnought Galaxy really made me want a Lylat Wars sequel on Wii - the real Lylat Wars sequel - back to the old formula.

Bad move, I have a pretty awesome 3rd party controller, not quite as comfy but you won't notice when your playing. Logic 3 orange, can't find exact link.

Logic 3 = Worst Products Ever

If you want an official GC controller try eBay or Japanese/US import sites.

To be honest, I think Nintendo should make some more; but official white ones with Wii written on them or something (Some sort of Wavebird, with rumle, though).

Everything ive heard about the classic controller sucks, but i think they look cool, just not buying it because it isnt necessary.

It is for a few SNES games. e.g. Super Mario World

Yay!

Listening to a load of tracks...

LIVE AND LEARN!!!

SEVEN RINGS IN HAND!!!

HIS WORLD INSTRUMENTAL VERSION!!! (I always hated the rapping, but the music is ace)

GREEN HILL ZONE!!!

Wow! That's awesome, I really can't wait to hear these. Are the tracks from the older games remakes, or are they the originals?

It's better that his has some originals. Makes for a great mix of music. You can always turn the ones you don't like off.

Edit: Amount of Music:

Mario (19)

OMG, awesome! O.o Where y'all hearing these tracks from anyways? I know it was posted earlier on, but this thread is too huge to find it.

Donkey Kong (10)

Legend of Zelda (18)

Metroid (10)

Yoshi (6)

Kirby (12)

Star Fox (10)

Pokémon (10)

F-Zero (10)

Fire Emblem (11)

Mother (6)

Pikmin (8)

Wario Ware (17)

Animal Crossing (11)

Kid Icarus (4)

Various NES Games (13)

Wii/DS Music (Brain Training, Wii Sports, etc) (16)

Metal Gear (9)

Original Arrangements (31)

Sonic (12)

Smash Bros. Melee (30)

The Subspace Emissary (15)

Total: 278

+ 27 Victory Themes

Little disappointed that tons of the music in the game is original versions ripped right out of games. It's forgivable in some instances but....Green Hill Zone and Scrap Brain from Sonic 1 are apparently both untouched originals too...and as much as I like the Megadrive's soundchip I wasn't really expecting to hear much music with synth that dated in the game.

But the original Green Hill Zone score rules. I'm glad they've kept originals, though I think the Mario Circuit tune should have been the better sounding DS ver.

I really don't get why Peach put people to sleep and Jigglypuff got his/her "King Jigglypuff" move (as I call it). Having a Sleep super would have made Jigglypuff super awesome...maybe too powerful?:heh:

It's cool that Luigi has a Waluigi coloured costume.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!