Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Americans. What do you expect. (No offence to americans who visit these boards. The ones on Gamefaqs can display a shocking lack of cerebral functions such as thought :heh:)

It isn't limited to Americans. If it were, we'd probably live in a much happier world, but this seems to be whatever corrupting influence the internet has on people. I refer you to the John Gabriel Theory:

20040319h.jpg

Those reviews are stupid.

For a start, I doubt half of them could combo in the first place. and secondly, do they honestly think they can plug the game in a combo from 0%-> death instantly?

They need to realise that you need to completely change your approach with this game.

European release date : april 1st :bowdown:

sources: from E-plaza , Mediamarkt , Freerecordshop ,

i asked in all of them and they received the official date from nintendo and they said april 1st

its a bit far i know but its not THAT long i expected we would have the game by june or something

A) Who?

B) April 1st....a Tuesday....April fools day?

European release date : april 1st :bowdown:

sources: from E-plaza , Mediamarkt , Freerecordshop ,

i asked in all of them and they received the official date from nintendo and they said april 1st

its a bit far i know but its not THAT long i expected we would have the game by june or something

Right because 3 minor retailers sound like a great confirmed source don't they?

Nintendo haven't given an official European date to anyone alive.

Could be random

You guys seen some of the reviews on GameFAQs...they're laughable

Here's a few funny tidbits

"After you turn off all the items and ignore the graphics upgrades, you will soon forget this is Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Wii. "

"Gameplay is simply horrible compared to past Smash Bros. games. Right from the beginning, the game seems slower than Captain Falcon's "Falcon Punch" from the original SSB. Physics have changed the gameplay drastically. No longer can you expect to perform great combos from a distance. No longer can you lunge at your opponent. The game has become more aerial move-based, but it's bad in that sense too. For a close combat character, fighting becomes difficult. For a projectile using fighter, projectiles are easily dodged. Gameplay is very floaty and annoying. It's incredibly hard to get used to."

"The control is just weak. I mean, you allow the game to be played with just the Wiimote. You understand that not everyone can afford controllers. Why offer the option if that mode just sucks? I can barely pull off a combo with this weakness. Sure, I could plug my nunchuck in and play using that, but I can't stand doing that. So I'm going to review it as if I only had the Wiimote, a mode they allow, but suck at. gg nintendo"

"The fact that most of you will be using a Gamecube controller certainly won't help either. The only major difference between the two is the absence of wave-dashing, which is really hard to adjust to in the beginning. All the old techniques are still present, such as Directional Influence, L-Cancel, teching and anything else I might have missed. There are also other minor differences, such as an overall slower feel to the game, a toned down DI and an increase in difficulty to execute short hops, but that might be just me. I must add I also disliked how the Shielding feels in this game. It's very different from Melee and not in a good way."

The last one was soon followed in the same review with:

"What I really want to stress though, is that absolutely nothing has changed from Melee to Brawl. "

They're hilarious. Most of them are clearly done by people who havent played it. One review gave it lots of praise except for controls and gave it a 5/10 just for that lol

To be fair, i can understand the controller complaints. Lets face it, most of us are going to probably buy/use a GC controller which not every Wii owner might have.

And the paragraph I highlighted seems to make sense to me, he/she atleast sounds as if they've played the game.

To be fair, i can understand the controller complaints. Lets face it, most of us are going to probably buy/use a GC controller which not every Wii owner might have.

And the paragraph I highlighted seems to make sense to me, he/she atleast sounds as if they've played the game.

I'm not so sure, they could have got all of that from forums, trust me

And controller complaints shouldnt be an issue...there are 4 kinds, all customisable...its to find one good for you, one you will enjoy. The one you're using isnt making things easy? Change it up a bit!

I'm not so sure, they could have got all of that from forums, trust me

And controller complaints shouldnt be an issue...there are 4 kinds, all customisable...its to find one good for you, one you will enjoy. The one you're using isnt making things easy? Change it up a bit!

Agreed. Its not they type of game you play with just a Wii mote....but you can, because they made it an option. Along with 4 other control methods. How many games have more than 1?

Thats a plus not a negative for cripes sake.

So, MediaMarket says Brawl will be launched on April 1st?

Eu é que não sou parvo!

mwahaha good one.

Classic Controller?

Also, that post from GFaqs is exactly what I said about the game ages ago, the "pro players" won't stand changes.

It's actually quite hard finding an official GC game controller. And hell no am i buying a third party one.

Bad move, I have a pretty awesome 3rd party controller, not quite as comfy but you won't notice when your playing. Logic 3 orange, can't find exact link.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!