Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm watching the newest movie, you can easily predict game moves and powers, for one i reckon all characters can crawl (done by snake and wario) and pit can only jump/fly like jigglypuff and kirby whereas i think meta knight can glide

just a question, but is this game 100% certain to be online?

No.

"As far as Wi-Fi play is concerned, Sakurai has confirmed some functionality.[26][17] However, as stated in the Toukouken on the Japanese version of the Smash Bros. website, "there would be many hurdles to cross," and an online ranking system is unlikely to be implemented"

Sakurai has never stated that online play is a certainty. The only thing that's been said is when Iwata said he was "pushing" for an online Smash Bros to be at the Wii launch, even that is not 100% confirmation of an online mode.

Considering the complexity and speed of Smash Bros it's pretty unlikely that the game will be online.

Thing is though, if that is true, that would probably mean that Iwata is currently repeateadly slamming Sakurais head in a car door somewhere, yelling and screaming as Regginald Fils-Aime calmly smokes a cigarette, keeping a sharp eye out, diswading intervention as blood trickles past his shoes.

*SLAM SLAM*

"Put online into the game!"

"NEVEEEEER!"

*SLAM SLAM SLAM*

No.

"As far as Wi-Fi play is concerned, Sakurai has confirmed some functionality.[26][17] However, as stated in the Toukouken on the Japanese version of the Smash Bros. website, "there would be many hurdles to cross," and an online ranking system is unlikely to be implemented"

Sakurai has never stated that online play is a certainty. The only thing that's been said is when Iwata said he was "pushing" for an online Smash Bros to be at the Wii launch, even that is not 100% confirmation of an online mode.

Considering the complexity and speed of Smash Bros it's pretty unlikely that the game will be online.

Oh FFS. Ditch the ranking if you must, but this must be online.

Without online I'd cry.

That said, I'll buy it. Why? Because I adore melee. it's the most perfectly balanced game i've ever play; I adore everything about it. Of course I'm going to buy brawl, but if there's no online I'll be disappointed.

Nintendo made a big thing about finally having online, if they don't start implementing it in their games then what's the point?

"there would be many hurdles to cross"

Yeah it will be hard to do but that doesn't mean they shouldn't do it. It would be a huge mistake for Nintendo if the game isn't online. Good thing I believe it will be online, otherwise I'd go mad :D

By newcomers i figured you meant we would get a new character unveiled every friday. That would be expecting too much.

I just thinking they stop doing newcomers when they finishing doing the ones will know and replace friday updates with notices.

My reason for asking if the game was certain to be online or not was because on the smash bros website it says "Players 1-4" and no mention of online.

I bet you anything we've been screwed over.

I bet you anything legions of Nitnendo fans took what Iwata said as set in stone, despite the game not even being in production at the time and didn't bother to listen to what the director of the game said since then.

It's not like Iwata promised it in the first place, he said he wanted it.

I want online just as much as the next guy, but it's not that big a deal. Playing with friends next to you is a lot more fun than even the best online service, voice chat or not. This game is adding and changing so much anyway, it'll be amazing with or without online. Anyone who decides not to get this purely because it lacks online is a fool, in my opinion, it'll wipe the floor with Melee in every respect.

The thing is, it's very diffucult to make this playable online.

A lot of people are going to be playing competitively, and even those that aren't are going to get frustrated if there are lag issues at the the most important times. The graphics look great and seeing as it will be running at 60fps, expecting too much from the online mode is getting your hopes high. I mean, 4 players running around throwing items...i don't think that's going to be happening tbh.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!