Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Mr. Game & Watch and Ice Climbers may return as downloadable characters later or be added last minute.

Pretty much all of those rumours are awesome. Which is why I'm taking them with a pinch of salt! However, the downloadable characters thing caught my eye.

What the heck - How cool would it be to introduce new characters every few months with a massive hype-machine build-up, similar to the website countdown we're seeing right now?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck - How cool would it be to introduce new characters every few months with a massive hype-machine build-up, similar to the website countdown we're seeing right now?

And how much money could nintendo make by using is as a way of advertising?

A week before a 3rd party game is released, the company could release their main character for Smash Bros Brawl.

If they are charging magazines (sounds like it was a "highest bidder" thing) just to show off the characters, they must realise that

1) The fans would love new characters

2) Companies would be willing to pay for it.

And how much money could nintendo make by using is as a way of advertising?

A week before a 3rd party game is released, the company could release their main character for Smash Bros Brawl.

That's a great idea. One I hadn't thought of. I wonder if it has occurred to Nintendo?

It would be interesting to see a brand new character we've never seen before. As you say, it would surely boost sales of a game starring that character released shortly afterwards.

Nintendo don't seem to be as money-grabbing as the other companies, though. To be honest, if they incorporated 3rd party characters as a free will gesture, it would further strengthen ties between Nintendo and these 3rd parties, which is arguably as financially beneficial as charging them for doing so.

One thing I know is Nintendo will be crazy if they don't include advertising in Brawl. Maybe not characters, but there will definetely be advertising in the online mode as it's going to be huge.

Are you kidding?

Offcourse it's gonna be huge.Every person will want to play online,there will just about be no-one who just plays offline.

Yep, I've even convinced my grandma and a dead uncle to play me online.

Well people that still have dial-up :P

Touche Mr Kirby...touche...

Okay every person who has Brawl and has a good internet connect will play online.

And it goes to show Brawl has the power to bring back the dead :wink:

Touche Mr Kirby...touche...

Okay every person who has Brawl and has a good internet connect will play online.

And it goes to show Brawl has the power to bring back the dead :wink:

Yeah well me mate has dial-up and yeah it's sad really ^_^

Me on the other hand......think I'll be playing smash bros online for a week without sleep :P

now chrono would be awesome, if square and nintendo are back together then they should ^_^

Yeah well me mate has dial-up and yeah it's sad really ^_^

Me on the other hand......think I'll be playing smash bros online for a week without sleep :P

now chrono would be awesome, if square and nintendo are back together then they should ^_^

A whole week of me whooping your arse on Smash Bros sounds good.. and i can tell by the way you play Pokemon and Mario Kart it should be a breeze for me :indeed:

Hope those rumours are true. Roy was absolutely awful in Melee, too slow and weak, and couldn't combo. He was just a crap marth :heh: . I'd love to see Ike in; Path of Radiance was awesome :) And i'd like to have Leon in there; in vs snake would be truly awesome!

I'm annoyed Falco might be getting a new moveset; his moveset in Melee was god damn perfect. Hopefully he'll still be good though.

wait a minute people still have dial-up?

Yeah in Australia when you live in not a very populated spot it's kinda hard to get broadband, hell broadband came to where I am like last year.

Hope those rumours are true. Roy was absolutely awful in Melee, too slow and weak, and couldn't combo. He was just a crap marth

Well.....he was me 2nd best player so yeah he was good :P

Yeah in Australia when you live in not a very populated spot it's kinda hard to get broadband, hell broadband came to where I am like last year.

Same in America. Europe kicks arse broadband-wise.

Same in America. Europe kicks arse broadband-wise.

not really though. in ireland it's the slowest for changing broadband it's badly promoted and irish people by nature are lazy and hate change. but about half people who have internet have broadband these days here.

Hope those rumours are true. Roy was absolutely awful in Melee, too slow and weak, and couldn't combo. He was just a crap marth :heh: .

He had his uses, his exploding sword attack thingy was hella powerful. I used to give him to crap players, defend him while he charged then throw opponents at him. Devestating :o

Guest Stefkov

Oh thank God. I was wondering where I can get another £30 from...

So the guy who was updating everyone is coming back, or is it a totally new website?

I just havn't been keeping up on the Wii front.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!