NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Website update!

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara5/index.html

photo_main.jpg

photo_l1.jpg

photo_l2.jpg

:awesome:

photo_l3.jpg

Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAKE!

The unexpected participant from Metal Gear Solid!

When this was first announced to the media, it was greeted with shouts of joy that resembled screams.

After much consideration, we decided to have Snake refrain from using real-world guns—instead, he'll use lots of explosives.

What kinds of attacks will Snake unleash when he steps onto a new stage?

You'll have to wait and see.

shouts of joy that resembled screams?

===

OMFG! ITS A MULLET!!!

===

anyway, nice to see it appear on the smash bros dojo site.

how long i wonder until someone else is revealed?

He's been updating the site each Thursday it seems so hopefully we should find out something new each week!

Damn the models for this game look good. The textures are perfect! Is that a bit of bumb mapping I can see on Link's shield too (I can't really tell without a comparison of without yet)?

Nice flying kick for Snake there. Hope he will be a really good close quarters character, lots of good normal moves.

Is that a bit of bumb mapping I can see on Link's shield too.
It could be (gasp) displacement mapping!

Anyway, Snake looks very good, not very out of place at all. Props to the developers.

It could be (gasp) displacement mapping!

Anyway, Snake looks very good, not very out of place at all. Props to the developers.

Its more likely to be parallax mapping then anything else

and snake is about to CQC Links ASS.

Looks more like displacement mapping to me. At any rate it's some kinda mapping :p

I'd like it if B was a handgun like the Fox B attack.

I'd like it if B was a handgun like the Fox B attack.

Why would you want that move??? It hardly effects other players...

Anyway, snake looks awesome!! The graphics are pretty good...but you lot scare me when you chat about these graphical terms and bump mapping or whatever.

I can understand why Snake won't be using his guns, but why is he gonna be using explosives?? Snake isn't one to use an excessive amount of explosives.....it just seems wrong really. I hope they concentrate on his CQC (close quarter combat) like in MGS3 and his other fighting moves...I would love it if they put liquid snake in there, that would be cool.

cannot wait for this game. :bouncy:

Why couldnt Snake's bB move be a tazer? He must have used one of those in the game before.

Because it's cool and good players use it to rack up damage.

Are you saying that I'm not a good player then???:angry::grin:

Only jokin mate.:wink:

His B move should be a rocket launcher. Wait half a second to load the rocket launcher and another half a second to fire it. It would be as strong as a falcon punch but mobile!

QFT

I Played against a good Fox player yesterday >_<

they could do a nikita using the B attack, where u can control the missiles and aim it for snakes ass for higher altitude.

Down B would make snake lay a C4, down B again would detonate it :D.

Down B would make snake lay a C4, down B again would detonate it :D.

I like that...but it could be perceived as a cheap move....kinda like laying down your own mines.

They could make it that they damage snake (or snakes teammates) as well.

Please say we have a smoking move. (Sponsored by B&H obviously!)

Please say we have a smoking move. (Sponsored by B&H obviously!)

That would most likely be his taunt!

Can't he use Naomi as a human shield instead of the box? I mean the box is more valuable right?

Its more likely to be parallax mapping then anything else

and snake is about to CQC Links ASS.

Much to my distress I think your right. Soon he will be holding Link in the choke hold and then SNAP.

SNAKE Vs LINK = Dabookerman Vs Hero-of-Time

That third picture looks like a metal gear solid level.

twin04.jpg

photo_l2.jpg

The Tanker Hanger Stage?

This is Masahiro Sakurai, the game designer on Smash Bros.

Thank you all very much for your responses! It looks like people are split pretty evenly over which of the four new characters is their favorite. That’s good.

I was well aware that Pit was a popular character in both America and Japan. I tried as best I could to design this version of him in a way that reflected current tastes, so I’m happy to see him so well received.

The creator of Kid Icarus has even jokingly asked if he could make a spin-off using this Pit model.

As for Meta Knight, when I left my previous company I never thought I’d be laying a hand on this character again, let alone on Smash Bros.

Kirby is a character I designed when I was 19 years old, but I created Meta Knight when I was 22. I knew the character was popular in Japan, but last time around I held off and didn’t include him in the game. I wanted to put other people’s titles ahead of my own.

I put Zero Suit Samus in thinking I wanted to include more characters from the popular Metroid series. Also, since Smash Bros. has few female characters, I was quite happy to include her.

I bet you were all surprised by the appearance of Snake!

Finally we’ve gotten over the wall that separates different game makers, but of course this was due to the cooperation of many different people. Now, Smash Snake is fighting furiously and sneaking before my very eyes.

Wario seems to be the only character who isn’t very popular. Is it bad I included him? No, I don’t think that’s the case. You can all look forward to his unprecedented “contributions.”

Thank you all very much for voting. I’m sure there are a lot of different expectations out there, but I’ll work to create something that everyone will enjoy