NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

One of my three controllers broke due to smash bros melee...it was the black one I got with my GC!!! Well its not properly broken, but the wire is exposed and you have to hold it in a certain way so that the GC will recognize there is actually a controller.

Same, except my combined vs play time for ssbm is now 600+ hours. My disc doesnt work anymore... and 4 of my 5 controllers have broke...:( So goron 3 next time you come round u know what to bring.

Let me just tell you guys how bad their controllers are....

I was there today and used one of their 'good' ones...you actually have to THUMP 'X' to get Marth to jump, it's SO annoying! I'm lucky because even though my controller is kinda broke, it makes wavedashing easier so :D

They also have dents in their waves when James got KO'd and through the controller across the room....wonderful days :D

I never broke a controller and I play a lot. mine are like new actually.

It's all a matter of never doing to much pressure into the components, I mean... pressing A requires the same strenght even if it's faster, just keep doing it that way, and no controller will break from use, wear out, maybe but not break.

it is still to this day, the most perfectly crafted fighter in existence...perhaps bar Soul Calibur...

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

my brother broke a controller...

that was from me flogging him in melee.

maybe if you have that many broken controls you have anger problem or just bad at games??? *grins*

Does anyone else think some of the bounty hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters would be good in SSBB?

No I wouldn't want them in it ,they wouldn't be very fair and because of their alt forms it just wouldn't work.

my brother broke a controller...

that was from me flogging him in melee.

maybe if you have that many broken controls you have anger problem or just bad at games??? *grins*

Hey dont look at me. I keep beating my brother and he chucks the controller at the wall (the controller has a bit of green paint on the side where it got slammed against the wall). But you are right though... my brother does have an anger problem.

No I wouldn't want them in it ,they wouldn't be very fair and because of their alt forms it just wouldn't work.

I don't agree at all - I'd love to see one of the other hunters in it. Nintendo can make any character as strong or as weak as they like, so I can't see why including one wouldn't be 'fair'. And their alt forms can be used as much or as little as Nintendo wants, too. Samus' morph ball isn't used much in SSBM; the same could be done with another hunter's alt form, or it could be stripped down and made into something like Yoshi's egg roll move.

Or for the super jump they could do a quick morph and bomb themselves upwards (at the cost of 1% damage).

I'd like to see Samus stay in her morph-ball when activated with a few actions taken from the metroid games:

- jump

- morph ball bomb (hold for power bomb - like Roy's charged B attack from Melee)

- boost ball (kind of like Kirby's fireball dash from Melee)

- rather than blocking/sheilding, maybe you can hold block to activate the spider-ball or something

I'd like to see Samus stay in her morph-ball when activated with a few actions taken from the metroid games:

- jump

- morph ball bomb (hold for power bomb - like Roy's charged B attack from Melee)

- boost ball (kind of like Kirby's fireball dash from Melee)

- rather than blocking/sheilding, maybe you can hold block to activate the spider-ball or something

Don't you think samus is good enough already? I mean, she can barely be KO'd until higher percentages because she has the ****in grapple hook (which entends so much!). I would however like to see her in the morph ball, i think it'd be interesting to see if Nintendo put that in the game because it would actually be so awesome :yay:

Don't you think samus is good enough already? I mean, she can barely be KO'd until higher percentages because she has the ****in grapple hook (which entends so much!). I would however like to see her in the morph ball, i think it'd be interesting to see if Nintendo put that in the game because it would actually be so awesome :yay:

....The grapple beam's shit...

Yeh the grapple beam is shit....it really doesn't help at all.

But I know what you mean when you say its hard to smash her out of the stage. She is my main character in SSBM and my bro and sis get extremely pissed off. :grin:

Yeah....Screw attack's awesome, and she's pretty heavy to hit off....Unlike poor old G&W :(

....The grapple beam's shit...

Er no... you can use the grapple beam to grapple to the side of the arena to recover when knocked off. It works very well in conjunction with bomb jumping.

Er no... you can use the grapple beam to grapple to the side of the arena to recover when knocked off. It works very well in conjunction with bomb jumping.

Im guessing your some kind of God at Smash Bros :bowdown:

lol! He ain't that bad with samus but his main is Falco (which I always Beat :yay: ). Bomb jumping is when you're in the air with samus and lay a bomb, then lay another one. the first one explodes making it easier to recover, and then you can use the grapple beam, which REALLY pisses me off because you think you've killed her but noooooooooooooo! Damn, I hate samus and her 'hard to kill' nature...Marth forever :awesome:

lol! He ain't that bad with samus but his main is Falco (which I always Beat :yay: ). Bomb jumping is when you're in the air with samus and lay a bomb, then lay another one. the first one explodes making it easier to recover, and then you can use the grapple beam, which REALLY pisses me off because you think you've killed her but noooooooooooooo! Damn, I hate samus and her 'hard to kill' nature...Marth forever :awesome:

I wasn'y being sarcastic sounds like he knows alot about it. :p

I am honoured. :D

goron3 is my practice partner, i do recall that it was 2-1 to me last time we played, but our fights r incredibly close.

I wasn'y being sarcastic sounds like he knows alot about it. :p

Yeah but remember, i know more about it than he does :heh:

Anyway, I hope Nintendo use levels from 3rd party games aswell as just characters. Fighting on Death Egg (from Sonic on the Mega drive/genesis) would be so awesome! SO hyped already :smile:

AND IT WAS 2-1 TO ME!!!!! YOU LITTLE LIAR!!!!

I am honoured. :D

goron3 is my practice partner, i do recall that it was 2-1 to me last time we played, but our fights r incredibly close.

Teach me!, I always paly as Liink but im getting the impression most people think he's 'noobish', i use loads of dodging and grabs but dont know how to improve my game. Teach me!

I'm the best by miles out of my mates that own it, probably because i've never played anyone with actual talen at it.

Teach me!, I always paly as Liink but im getting the impression most people think he's 'noobish', i use loads of dodging and grabs but dont know how to improve my game. Teach me!

I'm the best by miles out of my mates that own it, probably because i've never played anyone with actual talen at it.

Hey ur probably as good as you need to be for fighting ur mates (no offence to ur m8s :D). There was a time when rolling and grabbing and smashing was good but there is a lot more to it.

Take a guy like marth. His air attacks r amazing but have you ever used them frequently in a fight? Tap Y lightly to do a "short hop" followed by his neutral A air attack. You will find it very useful against many foes who will try to run at you because it has a great range. I can go into more detail but u rele just need to experiment with different characters and their different moves (tilts for instance can be very useful).

And goron 3 it was 1-1 the last one was abandoned.

Yeah I used to be Link and just dodged and grab my mates (i was better than all of them) and I actually thought i was the best player ever....and then i discovered that i'd get owned by any really good, so now me and a few mates have gotten better together (learning all the 'advanced' techs). I'm glad that they are keeping the controls for SSB:B similar as it means I haven't wasted the last 4 years of my life (and the last 6months being good), because I think all Nintendo need to do is to keep the same formula but make it online, and then they'll have the best online game ever...Let's hope :D

And if you need training Spirited Away I like in a place called Milton Keynes so if you happen to be here then I'll give you a montage :P

1-1 my ass ( i beat you 10-1 the time before so :D)

Yeah I used to be Link and just dodged and grab my mates (i was better than all of them) and I actually thought i was the best player ever....and then i discovered that i'd get owned by any really good, so now me and a few mates have gotten better together (learning all the 'advanced' techs). I'm glad that they are keeping the controls for SSB:B similar as it means I haven't wasted the last 4 years of my life (and the last 6months being good), because I think all Nintendo need to do is to keep the same formula but make it online, and then they'll have the best online game ever...Let's hope :D

And if you need training Spirited Away I like in a place called Milton Keynes so if you happen to be here then I'll give you a montage :P

1-1 my ass ( i beat you 10-1 the time before so :D)

Sadly, no. I'm gonna try and geet my head around this wavedashing buisness. Should i jump with y, because for 4 years i've used the Control-stick?