NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Thats what I thought. Guess they didnt.

Although I read somewhere that Error from Zelda and Kid Icarus and someone else were confirmed, no idea if it was a joke or true though.

Chances are its a joke. They're not gonna put in such minor characters into it

Co-op Events

This time, Event matches can be played in two-player mode! Wow. This is a great game for couples.

various19_071217a-l.jpg

When you press the Player 2 button here...

various19_071217b-l.jpg

The two-player Events begin!

These are not battles – they’re co-operative play. So, you tackle the challenge of each Event together.

There are fewer two-player Events than single-player ones, but they each have different settings than the single-player matches.

Two Trouble Kings

various19_071217c-l.jpg

Characters: Mario, Kirby

Battle together against Bowser and King Dedede!

This is a proper 2-on-2 match.

Master the Pokémon Tag Battle

various19_071217d-l.jpg

Characters: Pokémon Trainer, Pikachu

This features Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and one Pikachu.

It’s a tag battle with pretty much equal teams!

Fastest, Shortest, Sudden Death

various19_071217e-l.jpg

Characters: Yoshi, King Dedede

See who can defeat the most enemies in just 10 seconds!!

ALL MINE!

various19_071217f-l.jpg

Characters: Wario, Bowser

C-could this be a Coin battle?! With lots of notes...

That reminds me, there are Coin battles this time around, too. When you launch an opponent, you collect their money. The player with the most money at the end wins.

various19_071217g-l.jpg

The fact that it isn’t bloodthirsty is nice.

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier that you can play Target Smash!! with two players simultaneously as well!

various19_071217h-l.jpg

Oh! I see! Delegation of duties is important!

[/Quote]

One of the better updates of the last few weeks. It's great you can do everything in Co-op now, that was one of my wishes for this game so it's good to see it in.

Well the Co-op events are different, so you still have to do the single ones as well to finish the event mode.

Ummm... Pokémon Trainer has an Emerald color scheme. Interesting. Is that Ivysaur shiny?

Co-op is a nice addition, too.

Ummm... Pokémon Trainer has an Emerald color scheme. Interesting. Is that Ivysaur shiny?

Co-op is a nice addition, too.

Whoa, nice catch it is shiny!

Whoa, nice catch it is shiny!

Speaking of costumes, someone actually saw a Green Charizard.

various19_071217b-l.jpg

No, not Yoshi. I mean the second event.

It's a cool color for a dragon, except this is Charizard, and it looks a bit awkward at first.

On an related note, Event 5 has a Dark Samus, or something. Apparently they really never played the Prime series enough to know that Dark Samus is actually Light Blue.

Surely you mean Yoshi.

No, not Yoshi..

...Oh right.

On an related note, Event 5 has a Dark Samus, or something. Apparently they really never played the Prime series enough to know that Dark Samus is actually Light Blue.

I think it's a bit disappointing that the way the Metroid seiries is represented in Brawl seems so generalised. It'd be great if they based some areas on the Prime series - at the very least there ought to be something phazon related. Also I much prefer the look of Prime's Samus to the one they're using (which appears to be a wierd amalgam of verious versions).

To be honest I think Donkey Kong has created a large enough seperate universe to be considered seperate from Mario. By your logic, considering the name of Mario's original game, you should be saying that all Mario and Yoshi characters are actually Donkey Kong characters.

I was actually aguing why F-Zero and the other games mentioned could not be called Mario games because they never were a part of the Mario universe like DK, Yoshi and Wario are/were. I never said I didn't view those three as separate universes (especially DK created his own world, Wario followed later with the WarioWare games), just that they once all belonged to the Mario universe and in a sense still do. And yes, I say the Mario universe, because even though Donkey Kong was the title of the first game for both him and Mario, it had nothing to do with the Mario universe we know now. After the original Donkey Kong games, Mario got his own world in which DK got a supporting role. He later gained his own universe, but he, Yoshi and Wario kept appearing and still do so in games that ultimately were and are Mario games (Mario Kart, Mario Party etc.) - so by my logic, both Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Wario are in a sense still part of the Mario universe, even though they now have their own respective universes.

various19_071217b-l.jpg

No, not Yoshi. I mean the second event.

It's a cool color for a dragon, except this is Charizard, and it looks a bit awkward at first.

Event 5 has Dark Samus and Dark Link.

Event 6 has ZS Samus and Zelda.

Also items are in Target Smash.

(especially DK created his own world, Wario followed later with the WarioWare games)

the Super Wario Land series.

I consider the Mario universe characters to be those appearing in the likes of Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis. So DK, Wario etc. But not Link, Samus etc.

the Super Wario Land series.

Sorry, forgot about those.

I consider the Mario universe characters to be those appearing in the likes of Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis. So DK, Wario etc. But not Link, Samus etc.

Exactly what I think.

Everytime you think that they can't add more cool features to the game they feed you with more Smashing goodness ^_^

Thats what I thought. Guess they didnt.

Although I read somewhere that Error from Zelda and Kid Icarus and someone else were confirmed, no idea if it was a joke or true though.

Eh?

Kid Icarus? isn't that just the name of the game?

Eh?

Kid Icarus? isn't that just the name of the game?

i think he was talking about how error is from zelda and kid icarus, i don't know though, noone will explain to me who error is >.<

i think he was talking about how error is from zelda and kid icarus, i don't know though, noone will explain to me who error is >.<

i_am_error.gif

EDIT: Shock, horror! Not only do we get two fairly decent updates today, one of them is a Metriod stage that is lava-free!

stage20_071218a-l.jpg

Don't recognise the music from the update, as I've not played Mother 3. Pretty good, though, although to be honest, we haven't had a really catchy music update in a while.