NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

It's kinda surprising Waluigi isn't playable, he's one of the first people you'd think is a given...IF they were doing "as many characters as possible" anyway. I think the end character roster could be quite a lot less than expected.

Or perhaps they have just to many playable characters that they have to put other characters as an assist

Waluigi

assist14_071214a.jpg

The fact that he’s an Assist Trophy means he won’t be appearing as a playable character, but...

assist14_071214b-l.jpg

...Waluigi appears nonetheless!

assist14_071214c-l.jpg

He dashes at foes...

assist14_071214d-l.jpg

He stomps on whoever he currently despises!

Characters that suffer his stomping get embedded in the dirt.

Waluigi keeps on stomping, punishing his foe persistently with successive blows. As should be expected from Waluigi.

assist14_071214e-l.jpg

He finishes with a mighty kick...

assist14_071214f-l.jpg

...or his tennis racket!

Never forget to finish off those who are helpless to resist. Such a philosophy should really be expected from Waluigi.

[/Quote]

Stafy

assist13_071214a.jpg

This character, the prince of the heavenly seas, appeared in the Japan-only release "Densetsu no Stafy". He’s shaped like a star, but maybe he’s really a starfish???

assist13_071214b-l.jpg

I’ll do it! I’m doing it!

...He never says anything like that.

assist13_071214c-l.jpg

His body shines brightly.

assist13_071214d-l.jpg

He boldly does a spin attack!

assist13_071214e-l.jpg

But...he’s weak?

He’s rare for an Assist Trophy, as he can be attacked.

Sometimes you may wonder "Stafy, why did you even come here?!" – but that’s part of his charm.

assist13_071214f-l.jpg

Owwwwwww!

[/Quote]

Good to see Waluigi isn't playable, I didn't really want him to be and didn't expect him to be either. But I'm surprised Stafy is an assist trophy, he could have been a good original character but maybe they couldn't think up a moveset for him?

Also there's an update on brawlcentral on the CoroCoro magazine and it contains bad news. Apparently the book which was supposed to contain all starters just rehashes info from the Dojo.

Link:

http://brawlcentral.com/news.php

However there is those cards coming with the issue on Jan 15th apparently so thing smay be revealed in that. However that is close to the release in Japan so who knows if it will have news we dont know

However there is those cards coming with the issue on Jan 15th apparently so thing smay be revealed in that. However that is close to the release in Japan so who knows if it will have news we dont know

Well actually I'm a bit relieved they didn't show all characters because I didn't want secret characters to be revealed already. Although trying to stay unspoiled will be hard if the PAL release is very after the American one.

stafy \o\ <3<3

I love the little guy and always wanted to play of of the Stafy games. Did they ever released to western gamers?

I love the little guy and always wanted to play of of the Stafy games. Did they ever released to western gamers?

I think one might have. Not too sure, remember reading it ages ago

Waluigi as an assist was expected.

Japanese boxart:

1377418l.jpg

Similar to the awful US boxart. We'll probably get the same.

OK, it isn't terrible, but it's Smash Bros - they've put lots of effort into every single part of the game, so why just C&P some artwork together for the boxart?

Meh for Stafy not playable. And Waluigy as an assist trophy was a given. I really don't get why some people were expecting him to be playable. This game isn't a Mario spin-off.

Even though I'm a fan of Waluigi, I'm glad he's not playable - there are too many Mario universe characters playable as it is. (Mario, Yoshi, Peach, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and probably Luigi).

This game isn't a Mario spin-off.

Yeah, but its HEAVILY influenced by.

Anyway, to defend myself I wasnt expecting him to be playable, I was wanting him to be playable. :)

Diddy Kong

Eh? His first appearance was Donkey Kong Country.

I love the box art...whats wrong with it?

It would be a million times better if the characters were fighting.

I find the box art cool, too. Can't see what's wrong with it. It's cooler than both the one for Melee and that of the original Smash Bros.

I didn't expect Waluigi to be playable, either. Just like Daisy, so far he's only a supporting character with not much ... character. With Strikers Charged (and now Brawl), he's getting more personality, though.

Stafy is cute! But how do you pronounce his/her/its name? Staefy (with an A like in "safe") or Starfy (with an A like in "start")?

And speaking of pronounciation, what about Ike? Is it Eekay (Japanese-like pronounciation) or Aik (American-like pronounciation)? According to Wikipedia, his original Japanese name is pronounced something along the lines of Aiku, which suggests his English name is pronounced Aik, as the letter U cannot be heard at the end of a word in Japanese. (The Wikipedia article about Ike seems to have been merged with the list of characters from Path of Radiance and so the pronounciation of his name has been removed. I think I remember it right, though.)

And speaking of pronounciation, what about Ike? Is it Eekay (Japanese-like pronounciation) or Aik (American-like pronounciation)? According to Wikipedia, his original Japanese name is pronounced something along the lines of Aiku, which suggests his English name is pronounced Aik, as the letter U cannot be heard at the end of a word in Japanese. (The Wikipedia article about Ike seems to have been merged with the list of characters from Path of Radiance and so the pronounciation of his name has been removed. I think I remember it right, though.)

I think Greil calls him Aik in one of the cutscenes in PoR. Can't say for sure, though.

And of course Waluigi wasn't going to be playable. He's filler, unlike other PCs, such as Wario and Diddy.

Want further proof? The only signature attacks he has are generic kicking and a Mario Tennis racket. Can't be more filler than that.

Depends which side of the world you're on.

In Japan its "Star-fee", since they can't prounce it the way we do "Staffy".

Depends which side of the world you're on.

In Japan its "Star-fee", since they can't prounce it the way we do "Staffy".

Oh ya ya me so horny.