NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Eh? His first appearance was Donkey Kong Country.

Yeah, but that was still a Donkey Kong game, and the Donkey Kong and Mario franchises cross over quite a lot. I want to see more Metroid / F-Zero and even Pikmin in Brawl.

Yeah, but that was still a Donkey Kong game, and the Donkey Kong and Mario franchises cross over quite a lot. I want to see more Metroid / F-Zero and even Pikmin in Brawl.

But Metroid, F-Zero and Pikmin are all Nintendo games...and Mario is a Nintendo character...so they are Mario characters too....

But Metroid, F-Zero and Pikmin are all Nintendo games...and Mario is a Nintendo character...so they are Mario characters too....

I disagree with that logical statement. The reason Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi are considered Mario characters are because they originated as supporting characters in Mario games and later developed into primary characters with their own respective franchises. Metroid, F-Zero and Pikmin have never interacted with the Mario universe, except in Smash Bros., but that is already a cross-over franchise and thus has no relevance to the discussion (you can't use an example to prove itself).

To be honest I think Donkey Kong has created a large enough seperate universe to be considered seperate from Mario. By your logic, considering the name of Mario's original game, you should be saying that all Mario and Yoshi characters are actually Donkey Kong characters.

(To clarify, in my last post I was just dicking around being a knobber jobber)

But I in no way consider Diddy a Mario spin off. DKC set a whole new universe, It was also the first appearance of Donkey Kong in his current design.

Jungle Beat DK design > fucking all.

Shame they went back to the shitty DKC one for Brawl and that terrible racer on the Wii.

250px-DonkeyKongMP7.jpg

Jungle Beat

Donkey_Kong_en_Smash_Bros_Brawl.jpg

Brawl

Awesome! I had never considered Waluigi as a playable character, so I'm glad he's in the game in some form. Nice to see him with his tennis racket too, as a little nod to his first apperance in Mario Tennis 64.

The main difference to me is the colour and the Jungle Beat one seems more fluffy. The Brawl model for DK looks just fine.

Wait...what? Its the same design, just updated due to the current generation....:blank:

The Brawl one makes DK look tough. The Jungle Beat one looks like a cuddly toy.

The only real difference is the teeth which they took out again for Brawl

donkeykong_070730d-l.jpg

281x211ir1.jpg

Which I think's a shame because I prefer the Jungle beat look (might have something to do with the fact I think Jungle beat is incredible)

There's a saying in portuguese that translated is "Each monkey in his branch". It fits well in this discussion lol

A lot of people hate the toothy grins the Japanese development studios tend to give DK as he looked nothing like that in the DKC series or 64. Personally I probably prefer the Jungle Beat model though simply because the fur in Brawl looks awful, both the colour and the utterly strange texture.

Apparently there is some countdown on some website which ends roughly when the Brawl website gets updated.

Apparently tomorrow is MegaMans 20th birthday.

People are putting these two things together to come to the conclusion that tomorrow MegaMan will be revealed.

it only seems logical that he would be in brawl, but i wonder what form we'll get? classic or X? i like both of them, but my fav's X, but classic seems more likely

Weren't Coro Coro meant to be releasing the character roster yesterday?

Thats what I thought. Guess they didnt.

Although I read somewhere that Error from Zelda and Kid Icarus and someone else were confirmed, no idea if it was a joke or true though.

Weren't Coro Coro meant to be releasing the character roster yesterday?

they did, but it was a Dojo info. nothing new

Thats what I thought. Guess they didnt.

Although I read somewhere that Error from Zelda and Kid Icarus and someone else were confirmed, no idea if it was a joke or true though.

who's Error?

Darn, I was looking forward to that.

I am.

And the winner is... TELLYN!