NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

It's been a rather boring week update-vise. It's Meta Knight's speciel moves today. However, one thing struck me:

"This is a move you use to glide. It’s kind of like Kirby’s wing ability."

Kirby's wing ability?? Is this his B-up in Melee? He doesn't glide with this move.

It's been a rather boring week update-vise. It's Meta Knight's speciel moves today. However, one thing struck me:

Kirby's wing ability?? Is this his B-up in Melee? He doesn't glide with this move.

I believe he's talking about the "Flying" ability Kirby used to have. It's been a while since I played that game, but I think Kirby could glide with that hat.

This week really has been a bit boring. Although some new music is never bad.

Here's hoping they finish this week with C.Falcon or another veteran.

Terrible boxart if thats official. Snake & Sonic must be on the back... :wtf:

Going back to the days of Sunshine I see with the lines...

Meta Knight: Special Moves

I introduced some of Meta Knight’s special moves in a previous post entitled "Four Special Move Types".

But, since he has so many peculiar moves, I wanted to explain them again.

Standard Special Move: Mach Tornado

metaknight_071115a-l.jpg

Suck them up!

Your inertia carries you left and right. Tap the button to rise up off the ground a bit.

Side Special Move: Drill Rush

metaknight_071115b-l.jpg

Rush!!!

You spin like a drill, ploughing into people. You can also change your direction slightly.

metaknight_071115c-l.jpg

Push your enemies up into the air!

metaknight_071115d-l.jpg

Of course, you can push them down, too.

Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop

metaknight_071115e-l.jpg

Rise up while launching your sword up...

metaknight_071115f-l.jpg

You can also flutter through the air and glide.

This is a move you use to glide. It’s kind of like Kirby’s wing ability.

Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape

metaknight_071115g-l.jpg

That familiar move from the trailer.

He wraps himself in his cape, disappears, and reappears with this move.

metaknight_071115h-l.jpg

Tilt the stick to move the position where he’ll reappear!

metaknight_071115i-l.jpg

If you’re pressing the attack button, you’ll unleash a surprise attack as you reappear!

Use the Dimensional Cape as a precursor to an attack. If you just can’t get the opportunity, then forget about attacking.

[/Quote]

Kirby: Meta Knight’s Revenge

"Kirby: Meta Knight’s Revenge" (1:22)

Composition Supervisor: Jun Ishikawa

Arrangement Supervisor: Noriyuki Iwadare

I was just thinking how it’s been more than ten years since I made this game...

It was in Kirby Super Star that Meta Knight rode out on the Battleship Halberd to try and conquer Dream Land. This is a jazz arrangement of the music from back then.

WELL? How do you like it?!

After going with the "serious touch" of the Halberd for the Kirby stage, I’m now thinking that maybe this overly peppy song is a little incongruous...

[/Quote]

Another not so great update, we saw the special moves already and I hoped they wouldn't use them again for this update. I hope we'll get a good update tomorrow to end this week.

This is a jazz arrangement of the music from back then.

WELL? How do you like it?!

After going with the "serious touch" of the Halberd for the Kirby stage, I’m now thinking that maybe this overly peppy song is a little incongruous...

I'd have to agree, not really keen on this music and not sure it really fits the Halberd stage!

Hope 'the kirby stage' is not implying there will only be one stage per character/game in Brawl!

Terrible boxart if thats official.
Agreed!

The title of the music and the music itself doesn't fit at all. Meta Knight's Revenge sounds dark and the music is, with Sakurai's own words: "peppy". It doesn't fit the theme of the Halbard-stage at all. Oh well, music options FTW!

I think this is reference to wing kirby. He turns into it when he sucks up this weird tropical turkey looking thing.

KSS_wing.gif

I'd have to agree, not really keen on this music and not sure it really fits the Halberd stage!

Hope 'the kirby stage' is not implying there will only be one stage per character/game in Brawl!

I don't think that will be the case, seeing that the Kirby series had 3 stages in Melee.

Brilliant, brilliant idea. This game is just packed. GOTY baby.

But more importantly in one of the pictures there is a sign saying pictochat. What the bloody hell does that mean??

This will be a good feature if you can watch your friends play. I really wanna be able to watch people on N-E duke it out with each other and watch the matches.

And be so much better for the tournament aswell, having a referee making sure people go by the rules. Be awesome.

But more importantly in one of the pictures there is a sign saying pictochat. What the bloody hell does that mean??

That's just the stage the match will be played on.

It's a good idea, but it's a shame the matches you watch are all random. Otherwise, in a tournament, the losers can all watch the final.

Wow, I can't believe the amount of modes and options in this game. It makes SSBM look like Pong.

*Waits for DS-linkup feature*

Wow, I can't believe the amount of modes and options in this game. It makes SSBM look like Pong.

*Waits for DS-linkup feature*

*Waits for a create your character feature*

That would be amazing...

Its a nice additional mode and most certainly welcome, but its slightly disappointing that there are no names assigned to the players. As a result of this, you are effectively doing the same thing as setting all 4 players as COM players. If there was the ability to display names of players, you could potentially know you're watching professionals and you could bet money on the players that have the reputation of being good, increasing your chance of successful win and receiving more coins. But perhaps that could be reserved for Brawls sequel...

As a result of this, you are effectively doing the same thing as setting all 4 players as COM players.

That's a very good point. They could even show a 4-CPU match and pretend that it's showing a real match played across continents!

I am hoping it will be obvious that humans are playing. Aside from having newbies walking off ledges by accident, there might be moments of sheer brilliance that a CPU player would not be programmed to do. And let's not forget those taunts which should be quite amusing.

Just reading bout it, sounds awesome, but of course would be better if player names were displayed.

And from the why its worded on the dojo i actually get the impression that these matches won't be "live" broadcasts, i get the impression that they gather the info from all matches that have the spectator mode enabled and pick and choose which matches to broadcast.

What of course would be ideal would be if, player names (or mii names) were displayed, and matches could be viewed live, they should have a lobby area where you could search to see if anyone from the friend list is playing, and then choose to view their match if they are.

I was kinda expecting this anyway. The betting system is a nice surprise.

Also, what are those stickers? I can see Toad, a Nintendog, and Sothe.

Who else are they showing? I think one of them is Gray Fox. The last one I can't identify.

Just reading bout it, sounds awesome, but of course would be better if player names were displayed.

And from the why its worded on the dojo i actually get the impression that these matches won't be "live" broadcasts, i get the impression that they gather the info from all matches that have the spectator mode enabled and pick and choose which matches to broadcast.

What of course would be ideal would be if, player names (or mii names) were displayed, and matches could be viewed live, they should have a lobby area where you could search to see if anyone from the friend list is playing, and then choose to view their match if they are.

That would be good but could it possibly cause unwanted lag?