Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its between Geno and Megaman or if Sakurai is ultra generous might have both, although more likely to only be one of them.

My gut feeling is telling me that Megaman will be in the game, and he'll be the third 3rd (and last) party character. (Of course, they could always count Geno as a 1st party character).

I don't even get what the big deal is with Geno; he didn't seem that special to me? But then again I'd never heard of him before until I got to play some of the game last July (didn't even get to finish it). Guess I missed something that made him so special then.

And my bet is on Megaman I think, simply because he's been in so many games and a lot of people seem to want him in SSBB.

(Not that I care about Megaman; don't seem to like the games and/or characters.)

My gut feeling is telling me that Megaman will be in the game, and he'll be the third 3rd (and last) party character. (Of course, they could always count Geno as a 1st party character).

I'd very much like to see that happen... :awesome:

Lottery pretty much confirmed to return today...

Huh? You’re wondering what the coins on the Stage Clear screen are for? Um, you think they’re there to make it look more lively?

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no—you don’t use them to shop.

<-- You use them to gamble for trophies...

Classic

This is the classic single-player mode – hence the name, Classic.

In this mode, you try to clear each stage as you go.

various11_071030a-l.jpg

Choose your favourite character and a difficulty level, then start the match!

various11_071030b-l.jpg

Fight whoever appears!

The world you fight in is pretty much determined by the stage number. Stage 1 is based on The Legend of Zelda. Stage 3 is based on Pokémon. And each time, the characters are chosen randomly.

You’ll also find that the status of enemies and rules of the match vary slightly to include things like Giant matches, Metal matches and Team battles.

various11_071030c-l.jpg

Heart icons indicate your allies.

various11_071030d-l.jpg

You cleared the stage!

So... You just keep playing until you reach the end. Easy to understand, right?

Huh? You’re wondering what the coins on the Stage Clear screen are for? Um, you think they’re there to make it look livelier?

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no – you don’t use them to shop.

I rapt Lottery has made a return. It was one of my favorite extras in Melee.

I remember sitting down playing Melee watching the sunset outside my corner window and spending hundreds of coins while listening to that nice music in the background (which for Brawl I wouldn't mind if that were the music (for Lottery Mode), perhaps tweaked slightly?). A rollercoaster of emotions followed with this extra mode, one time I spent 200 coins and got the standard Mario trophy, not happy indeed, but others were filled with triumph as spending big paid off, upon which i'd pump my fist in the air and yell "YES!" with a moment of silence afterwards to absorb the achievement of me acquiring one of the games rarest trophies...

I am expecting an update on "Lottery" soon firstly confirming its back but secondly the announcement that its been expanded to accommodate the two additional collectables in the game of CDs and Stickers. There will either be three different machines for you to place your money in to obtain trophies, cds or stickers or there will be one single machine you put your money in and which category of collectable comes out is really luck of the draw, although i'd prefer three seperate machines.

What would seperate this Lottery mode apart from Melees though is that it will have an "online trading" component to it. Remember that annoying situation in Melee where you had multiple amounts of one particular common trophy and you couldn't do anything with it? Well fear not, in this "online trading component" you can post what you want to get rid of and say what you want in exchange. It'll essentially be a trading post where you can exchange collectables with other Smash Bros Brawl players. Theres bound to be that one collectable you can never seem to get, but now you can get it! Either this, or maybe a "selling system" within the game where you give up certain trophies for money perhaps (amounts depend on availability/odds of getting that trophy in the game, so Celebi in Melee for example would be of higher value, where as something like Mario would be of lower value), in which the coins you get from selling your excess trophies can be used to gamble in lottery. Essentially, a cashiers desk...

The Summit

The summit? The summit of what? If you must know, I suppose it’s the summit of Icicle Mountain. And I guess there are vegetables there after all.

stage16_071031a.jpg

In other words, it’s an Ice Climber stage.

At first glance, it appears to be a normal glacial peak. But after you fight for a while...

stage16_071031b.jpg

A pop! A crack! It’s breaking?!

stage16_071031c.jpg

Th-the terrain is sliding downhill!

stage16_071031d.jpg

It’s finally arrived at the sea. And with a splash, too!

Hmm. Talk about hectic. And rumour has it, you can’t get careless once you’ve reached the sea.

stage16_071031e.jpg

The polar bear is pushing the iceberg deeper!

stage16_071031f.jpg

A fish leaps out of the water!

I feel like I’ve seen that fish before somewhere... Where could it have been?

----------------------------------

Castle Siege? The Summit is where it's at.:wink:

A bit awkward that an Iceberg stage is called "The Summit".

And that fish is an ugly, ugly thing.

What is the relation between Balloon Fighter and the Ice Climbers, anyway? Those two games appear conected all the time.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!