NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

How to stop lag?

Easy, only allowed on if you have a low latency (ie: a good upload, decent contention ratio) and limit it to country wide only.

*groans* diddy kong? whhy him? i can't see him being all that great. A less powerful speedier version of dk with a gun

*groans* diddy kong? whhy him? i can't see him being all that great. A less powerful speedier version of dk with a gun

Great character choice.

Money on it, his specials will be like Fox's.

Gun, Rapid movement.

Jeeze, just how many new characters are they adding to this game? :p

Leave it out; he's awesome.

I had a feeling he'd make the roster; now I just hope they give DK his coconut gun, he needs a projectile really. The prob is you can't really get rid of any of his moves.

I also think that instead of Mewtwo getting dropped (if he's going to be), they should make him Red's Smash Attack (but make him better than on Melee too duh:heh:).

Well this was a cool but unexpected thing. We needed more Donkey Kong characters

entry_banner.jpg

Diddy Kong

diddykong.jpg

Donkey Kong’s pal has finally joined the battle! Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!

diddykong_070822a-l.jpg

diddykong_070822b-l.jpg

diddykong_070822c-l.jpg

diddykong_070822d-l.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really like this character, but what can I do. At least I can beat him up now :p.

Well this was a cool but unexpected thing. We needed more Donkey Kong characters

I agree, K. Rool should be put in too :) And maybe Dixie (but Diddy's Super Smash or something.)

yes finally more donkey kong characters now King k rool and its done

people always complaining , its just a game , be glad that there are many characters in it you don't have to play with them all if you dont like them

Cool. But expected

He's back again and about time too,

And this time he's in the mood,

He can fly real high with his jetpack on,

With his pistols out he's one tough Kong,

He'll make you smile when he plays his tune,

But Kremlings beware 'cause he's after you!

Cool. But expected

DK! Donkey Kong! Huh!

DK! Donkey Kong is here!

:)

yes finally more donkey kong characters now King k rool and its done

people always complaining , its just a game , be glad that there are many characters in it you don't have to play with them all if you dont like them

It's just because they don't like the characters, and they kinda take up space that a different prefered new character could take.

About two and a half hours later and we have todays update.

Worth the wait for me personally, a welcome character addition Diddy is, especially seeing that his move set is heavily based around his techniques in Donkey Kong 64. He has the best overall technique set in that game that is distinctive enough to warrant a character slot in Brawl.

I've got a sneaking suspicion, King K Rool will feature in the adventure mode but not as a playable character, although he can so easily have a "complete" move set. Bouncing ass move like in the 1st (his own take on the ground pound), a move involving the cannonballs shot out of his cannon like gun in Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, and even the suction technique in Donkey Kong country 2 with gunsmack when you get completely sucked in. Final Smash, his cannon goes spastic with a huge spike ball bullet, or, like in DK2 where his gun goes crazy, spiked variations of cannon balls everywhere...

EDIT: I wouldn't really want Dixie Kong as a playable character because other than the helicopter hair move, she doesn't really have an all that distinctive move set like Diddy Kong does, although she'd fit the bill as an assist trophy, her long golden hair wooshes in the air and deal damages with any player that makes contact with it. Speaking of the helicopter hair move, which game came up with the concept first, Donkey Kong Country 2 or Rayman (the original)?

Not an unexpected character, but I'm pleased he's more than just a clone of Donkey Kong. I don't normally like Diddy, but they seem to have made him interesting in this game. I'm looking forward to seeing how he moves in videos.

Now, enough of the Mario universe characters!

Now, enough of the Mario universe characters!

Agreed, I'm still rooting for Ridley. He has to be in!

My personal top 5 most wanted yet to be announced potential brawl playable characters:

5) King K Rool --> about time Donkey Kong faces his arch rival again in 3D...

4) Ridley --> as mentioned in previous pages, appropriate given his attributes, being featured in the Melee opening FMV etc...

3) Megaman --> Samus vs Megaman, the ultimate battle of the arm cannons. He certainly isn't a clone of Samus would handle differently and use different projectiles

2) Sonic --> No comment needed here. The history of gaming speaks for itself...

1) Little Mac --> Why? Think about it. He is Nintendos single greatest real fighter that uses his fists, not fancy weaponry like Nintendos most famous mascots. To omit him out of a fighting game just doesn't make sense. I know exactly what his move set would be, particularly his final smash. It would involve a series of stars appearing like you earn in Punch Out for counter punching etc, and they makes him flash, granting him the KO punches you could inflict on opponents in the game to do massive damage. In this instance, being punched while in this mode results in an instant KO. It does not wear off until Little Mac is hit. One touch and the final smash wears off. Add the character as well as a punch out themed boxing ring level with an orchestrated version of the punch out music while in a fight and you have one awesome new addition to Smash Bros Brawl...

Honorable Mentions (most already mentioned in previous posts): Captain Olimar, Diddy Kong, King Dee Dee, Paper Mario, Ryu, Birdo, Krystal, Viewtiful Joe, Simon Belmont, Battletoads.

Thats one off the list!

But regarding "Nintendo universe" characters, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more, in particular Little Mac, Captain Olimar (Pikmin), King K Rool and Ridley.

The rest for the most part remain as per above except maybe the removal of Paper Mario, potential conflict with Cel Shaded Link, too cloney.

Captain Olimar with that famous generic punch, so weak yet so powerful. How he could KO a bug 50 to 100 times the size of himself is nothing short of amazing. I beat the final boss of Pikmin 1 using that punch as I lost just about all my Pikmin and had to preserve those last few, but it took so damn long because of Olimars weak punch!

How to stop lag?

Easy, only allowed on if you have a low latency (ie: a good upload, decent contention ratio) and limit it to country wide only.

Even then, there would still be lag. Compared to FPS games, Fighters need much less latency to be played online seamlessly.

But say we do get the lag problem sorted. What about the rules? I'm sure Nintendo would keep the items on and that would kill any chance of online tournaments =/

Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!?!?

Awesome! :bouncy: And there was me thinking I would never use Diddy... :heh:

Even then, there would still be lag. Compared to FPS games, Fighters need much less latency to be played online seamlessly.

But say we do get the lag problem sorted. What about the rules? I'm sure Nintendo would keep the items on and that would kill any chance of online tournaments =/

It would probably be open customisation.

i think Ridley will make it in as playable character i want 2 / 3 characters from the metroid Saga maybe another Bounty hunter

from the bad Guys i want

Ganondorf /

Zant ( Twilight princess) /

Deathborn ( F-Zero ) /

King k rool ( Donkeykong) /

Ridley ( Metroid ) /

Medusa ( Kid icarus ) /

Black knight ( Fire emblem ) /

Saturos and Menardi ( Golden Sun ) /

Big boss ( Metal gear solid ) /

Majora ( Majoras mask ) /

Wolf ( Starfox ) /

King Dedede ( Kirby ) /

Dr eggman ( Sonic ) if sonics in it they have to put him in

i think Ridley will make it in as playable character i want 2 / 3 characters from the metroid Saga maybe another Bounty hunter

from the bad Guys i want

Ganondorf /

Zant ( Twilight princess) /

Deathborn ( F-Zero ) /

King k rool ( Donkeykong) /

Ridley ( Metroid ) /

Medusa ( Kid icarus ) /

Black knight ( Fire emblem ) /

Saturos and Menardi ( Golden Sun ) /

Big boss ( Metal gear solid ) /

Majora ( Majoras mask ) /

Wolf ( Starfox ) /

King Dedede ( Kirby ) /

Dr eggman ( Sonic ) if sonics in it they have to put him in

Woot for zant! - character-wise, he seems like a perfect Smash character. If his in, I hope they unmask him though, and give him the double swords.

TP Ganondorf however, imo, doesn't deserve to be in (though he will). I'd much prefer the WW Ganon.

It would probably be open customisation.

Yeah, if Pokemon battle Revolution is to go by.

TP Ganondorf however, imo, doesn't deserve to be in (though he will). I'd much prefer the WW Ganon.

Isn't WW Gannondorf the weakest boss in all the 3D Zelda games? 2 Stuns, 3 Stabs.

NGamer magazine are now guaranteed to give this game less than 50%. ;)

I also think that instead of Mewtwo getting dropped (if he's going to be), they should make him Red's Smash Attack (but make him better than on Melee too duh:heh:).

I see Red's Smash attack as being the selected pokemon's most powerful/well-known move. So Charizard: Fire Blast (with kanji sign), Ivysaur: Solar Beam/ frenzy Plant, Squirtle: ...Hmmm, now another pokeball pokemon might also do Hydro Pump, but perhaps squirtles can be his trademark spinning-in-shell one.

Nonetheless, I'm loving this character...

Hey, nice, Diddy Kong!

I wasn't too excited about him since he looked like a generic chimp. But then I realized Smash Bros. has no chimps.:heh: Plus, this one uses fancy gadgets made of nuts and fruits. That is cooler than I ever thought it could be.*

I was kinda hoping for a more unexpected newcomer, but I guess the "expected" newcomers are going to take a while, still. (Those being Ridley, King Dedede and, until recently, Diddy and Ike)

* (I mean, other than the Diddy/Dixie combo I wanted, but that's kinda different. Diddy alone ain't so bad either.)