NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

For Fox, I'm going to estimate, he summons an Arwing that comes and fires ballistically at players with laser shots and maybe even a few missiles, essentially being a similar variation of Marios final smash.

Samus, Wario, Zelda and Pit I have no idea...

Samus, Wario, Zelda and Pit I have no idea...

Why do I have the feeling that Zelda's Final Smash will be very similar to Link's?

warios final smash will be that Huge Fart u see in that trailer i think like a Nuclear fart blast haha , zelda i think it will be the one from Twilight princess when u see the triforce on the ground and a blast of light comes out , for pit mmh thats a though one i really don't know also snake i don't have a clue for wat he will use as a final smash

UPDATE = SMASH ATTACKS

There’s a variety of attacks in Smash Bros., and they all involve some combination of strength and direction. Let me start here by talking about strength.

Standard Attack

basic04_070705a-l.jpg

basic04_070705e.jpg

If you just press the attack button, you’ll perform a standard attack. These are generally speedy.

Strong Attack

basic04_070705b-l.jpg

basic04_070705f.jpg

When you tilt the stick in a direction, you’ll do a stronger attack in that direction. These attacks usually have longer reach.

Smash Attack

basic04_070705c-l.jpg

basic04_070705g.jpg

Now, if you simultaneously tilt the stick and press the button, you’ll do a smash attack. These are powerful!

Since the name for smash attack is derived from the game’s name, you can assume they’re pretty important.

Swiftly tilt the Control Stick left, right, up, or down, and simultaneously attack! When you link the feeling of this control with the result of sending an opponent flying, I think you’ll start to see the crux of this game.

At first, don’t overthink things. It’s OK to just tilt the stick and mash some buttons. Ease yourself into it.

basic04_070705d-l.jpg

By pressing and holding the attack button during a smash attack, you can build up power. Power up and unleash it when the time is right!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the breakdown of controls being shown here for attacking, as per Sakurais recommendation, i'll stick with the GC controller for this game, but use the Wavebird for wireless play. Zero Suit Samus must be one of Sakurais favorite characters at the moment as he's constantly featuring her in screens with the daily updates... Poor 5'7" Link is gonna get owned by 6'3" Samus...

Nice to see we're finally getting to know what some of the controls are. Certainly not as good a some of the recent updates, but they can't all be amazing.

Probably stick with the Cube controller set up, saves battery power on the mote as I will most likely be playing this game until my eyes bleed.

Zero Suit Samus must be one of Sakurais favorite characters at the moment as he's constantly featuring her in screens with the daily updates

Who wouldn't want to stick that arse in the focus point of every screenshot?

I'll probably use the Wii remote & nunchuck setup.

I'll use any setup that does not have a cord connected to the console (except the wiimote only controll method). The wii remote + nunchuck don't seem to be missing any button assignment of the GC controllers in melee, so it's a possibility. I have a classic controller though, so it's a matter of trying what feels the best.

I reckon Pit will start raining arrows as a final Smash.

He should also say "My arrows will blot out the sun"

He should do that by having dozens of angel guards swarm in ala Kid Icarus

I kinda regret looking at all these spoilers. By the time the game comes out im gonna feel like ive already played it.

no chance. when you play it you will realise how good it really is.

I guess I'll try the wiimote only controls first.

I was pretty crappy with the joystick actually so there's hope I'll turn out better.

For Fox, I'm going to estimate, he summons an Arwing that comes and fires ballistically at players with laser shots and maybe even a few missiles, essentially being a similar variation of Marios final smash.

I don't think it will involve an Arwing because of inner stage such as the castle, the military building from MGS and the hangar part (to be confirmed) of the Halberd stage.

If you type "falcon punch" in youtube (sorry but not allowed to post a link for the moment) and select the first one, you can see what can be the final smash of Cpt Falcon.:eek:

He should also say "My arrows will blot out the sun"

That made me laugh.

Basically the same control scheme as Melee then for normal attacks. That's good, won't have to make any changed to how I play then.

I love how you can use the Cube controllers aswell, means I can still play multiplayer with my brother, he hasnt played/got used to the wiimote.

I wonder if they'll put some Wiimote functionality in it. Maybe for directional special attacks. Pretty good solution for Smash Attacks on the Wiimote-only option I must say.

If you type "falcon punch" in youtube (sorry but not allowed to post a link for the moment) and select the first one, you can see what can be the final smash of Cpt Falcon.:eek:

You mean this?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

If I've got it right, his Falcon Punch is equivalent in power to a supernova. :o

That part is awesome! And that explosion isn't from Falcon's power but from a reactor that exploded, so to prevent Black Shadow's escape Falcon kills himself in the process.

That part is awesome! And that explosion isn't from Falcon's power but from a reactor that exploded, so to prevent Black Shadow's escape Falcon kills himself in the process.

And they both somehow come back to life in the next episode?

Oh God, you could of put spoiler tags around that.....j/k :heh:

And they both somehow come back to life in the next episode?

I haven't seen this but my sources told me that was the last ep.

Who wouldn't want to stick that arse in the focus point of every screenshot?

Not to mention that all tall babes kick arse.

I kinda regret looking at all these spoilers. By the time the game comes out im gonna feel like ive already played it.

Hell no you won't. If you buy that game, you're going to be like the rest of us, and play the hell out of it until you're blind. Besides, they're not spoilers, more like teasers.

I like the update. Looks like GC controls for me; I'm confortable with it and saves battery.