NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Reading some of the PAL changes, I think it came out better. It certainly explains why Sheik and Fox weren't as godly as the americans say they were.

I have to try to hear Jigglypuff sing to her names in the other languages. Roudoudou is a ridiculous name in itself.

And what is the "Special Movie"?

Also, Bowser's Down Throw couldn't hit Mr. G&W in the NTSC version? :laughing:

Fox was still the best character in the PAL version by an absolute mile.

I've already explained why items are banned, but you'll be surprised at how many stages are allowed.

Here are the ones that are banned:

Big Blue : Not sure why, exactly, apart from obvious reasons

Brinstar depths: Again, not sure of the exact reason

Fourside: Banned since it has a wall.

Icicle Mountain: See Big Blue.

Mushroom Kingdom/II: It has edges that you can just walk into.]

Onett: Not sure if it's banned. If it is, it's because it has a wall.

Poke Floats: Not sure if this one's banned, but I'd say it is.

Princess Peachs' Castle: Has a wall.

Temple: Far too big. Near impossible to KO someone underneath the stage.

Venom: Has a wall.

Stages that have walls allow Fox to do an infinite. Stages that you can walk into the edge allow Fox to just waveshine you into it.

Actually....Peachs castle, Onett and Pokefloats aren't banned. Rainbow Cruise is allowed so the same goes for the floats really.

Onett is a wicked level; I adore the thing.

Fox was still the best character in the PAL version by an absolute mile.

I hated Fox... to gravity-y. But then I only played for fun!! :indeed:

I hated Fox... to gravity-y. But then I only played for fun!! :indeed:

Fox is the most fun to play to me BECAUSE he is so quick and wacky. I swear when I first played as him i didn't actually know what I was doing..

Fox is the most fun to play to me BECAUSE he is so quick and wacky. I swear when I first played as him i didn't actually know what I was doing..

Funny enough, I tried playing as Fox earlier today. I just couldn't get the hang of him :p He falls so dang fast. But again, I'm used to play with relatively light characters.

Fox was my character of Choice in Smash Bros 64. He was way too fast in Melee though, so i went with Young Link.

Since Brawl is apparently the same speed as the original Smash bros, i might go back to Fox.

Fox was my character of Choice in Smash Bros 64. He was way too fast in Melee though, so i went with Young Link.

Since Brawl is apparently the same speed as the original Smash bros, i might go back to Fox.

Oh no, it's still faster than the original, though a little slower than Melee. It seems the speed will suit me very well. :)

...That said, there is one character who has a rather unusual method by which they can distinguish friend from foe...

You have probably all figured this out, but I believe he is talking about Lucario. Remember that cutscene with him, Snake and Meta Knight? They all had a blue aura, whereas the Primid had a red aura.

I was trying to do the trick that changes samus into zero-suit samus yesterday for ages and I couldn't do it. Bum.

I was trying to do the trick that changes samus into zero-suit samus yesterday for ages and I couldn't do it. Bum.

Don't expect a group of people who aren't even going to get the game for months to feel sorry for you. ;)

I know it's on the main page, but it doesn't seem to be in this thread. It needs to be.

gamerpals38.jpg

I've always been a "master" with Pikachu- Pika thunder all the way! :p

Eventually in Melee I started using Roy and Marth because they exude Fire Emblem coolness. I would use D.K but I find him difficult to use however in Brawl I have hopes that Diddy will be good. Small and nippy is the way to go- well except with Fox or Falco, I never cared much for either so ha.

And yeah, the latest gamerpals is pretty funny. :hehe:

If characters are a bit slower overall from Melee, I'll be interested to see how my old friend Cpt. Falcon handles. As I said before I always go for agility and attack power. Maybe Sonic or Fox might be my tipple this time around.

I always preferred characters who hit hard, no matter their speed.

Hence why I main Ganondorf in Melee. I also love Capt. Falcon and Marth. Bowser and DK are cool, too, but I can't use them well.

I will probably keep using Ganondorf, but Ike seems great, too. And hopefully Dedede will be one of my faves, too. Maybe Wolf, if he's strong enough...

The exception is Mewtwo. I love using him, because he's so awesome.

Lucario seems cool, but he can't teleport, thus reducing his awesomeness. Plus, I much prefer a psychic master than a martial arts disciple.

The exception is Mewtwo. I love using him, because he's so awesome.

Lucario seems cool, but he can't teleport, thus reducing his awesomeness. Plus, I much prefer a psychic master than a martial arts disciple.

but he can learn Dragon Pulse!! and his FS is KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!

I forgot what L-cancelling was. Is it when you save time when you hit the floor or something?

Yeah, his Hyper Beam certainly raises some points in my consideration.

But Mewtwo can teleport, fire small blasts from his fingers and has a more DBZ feel to him. I'm going to miss him a lot...:(

EDIT: I just remembered Lucario can teleport in his counter. Maybe I can find a place for him.

If I was ever to play as a pokemon character regularly in brawl it would have to be Muc or Ghastly/Haunter

Thing is Muc would be shit. He is my fav though.

XD

But that Hyper Beam seems weak! His shouts are awesome though.

If I was ever to play as a pokemon character regularly in brawl it would have to be Muc or Ghastly/Haunter

Thing is Muc would be shit. He is my fav though.

Gengar FTW

I forgot what L-cancelling was. Is it when you save time when you hit the floor or something?

It's when you reduce the "non-movement" time after an attack...kinda

XD

But that Hyper Beam seems weak! His shouts are awesome though.

Muc FTW

glad you agree!

who is gengar anyway

glad you agree!

who is gengar anyway

Wha!?...Who is Ge-Gengar...!!! Gengar is the final evolution of Ghastly/Haunter. He is the coolest ghost pokemon evar! Apart of me wishes he was in brawl, but oh well.

094_gengar-copie.jpg