NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

This game NEEDS online!

...well, ok it doesn't... but it sure would be great with it!!!

its already been confirmed to have online

anyway i guess the recent news confirms 2 things indirectly:

1 hammer bros won't be playable characters

2 cpt. falcon will be in the game

1 hammer bros won't be playable characters

2 cpt. falcon will be in the game

Those two things were almost certainly going to happen anyway...

This game NEEDS online!

...well, ok it doesn't... but it sure would be great with it!!!

lol, it will have online, but obviously it doesn't 'need' it. It's a 2d fighter afterall; online normally isn't the best thing.

lol, it will have online, but obviously it doesn't 'need' it. It's a 2d fighter afterall; online normally isn't the best thing.

There will be 3 totally different tiers of players. Those who aren't good. Those who are good and those who do all those odd advanced techniques.

This game has to have online i agree. But i thought that was already confirmed.

My only worry with an online fighting game is 'lag'. I mean it would seriously ruin the fun wouldn't it?

Still, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that, this is infact online!

There will be 3 totally different tiers of players. Those who aren't good. Those who are good and those who do all those odd advanced techniques.

Those who aren't good and those who are good as you say are pretty much equal.

My previous comment referred to lag. I mean, you can SFII:Turbo on the 360 online and there is a lot of it, and getting lag in a game like Smash just ruins it.

SFII: Turbo is a lot 'lighter' a game than Brawl.

Still, it has to be online. There's no going back for them now.

They should delay it if they must.

Those who aren't good and those who are good as you say are pretty much equal.

So, you mean, who doesn't use advanced techniques that most people won't even find fun will suck? That's very Nazi.

Mario Strikers online gets so lagged...I cant see SSBB being online and being playable

So, you mean, who doesn't use advanced techniques that most people won't even find fun will suck? That's very Nazi.

No. there's just massive skill drop between those who can play well and those who can't. You can play the game without advanced techs for months and get beaten by someone who's just had it for a few days. If you know the advance techs and can utilise them well, you'll most likely 4-stock someone who can't.

When playing Mario Strikers Online usually I dont have Lag issues..the stars are 3 or 4( I have 2mb connection speed)..But when the lag makes its appearence i think sometimes is because of some cheatears who have the emule on or something..Anyway i think if Nintendo do the same thing with SSBB to let us play only against Europeans we wont have serious lag issues..

Mario Strikers online gets so lagged...I cant see SSBB being online and being playable

I only got lagged once and it was because I was downloading stuff.

No. there's just massive skill drop between those who can play well and those who can't. You can play the game without advanced techs for months and get beaten by someone who's just had it for a few days. If you know the advance techs and can utilise them well, you'll most likely 4-stock someone who can't.

I once played against a guy that used techniques (of course he wasn't that good) and beat him.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that there would be no such thing as those techniques if there's an online mode, it just sucks the fun out of the game.

I only got lagged once and it was because I was downloading stuff.

I once played against a guy that used techniques (of course he wasn't that good) and beat him.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that there would be no such thing as those techniques if there's an online mode, it just sucks the fun out of the game.

It adds a lot of fun and depth. And if the guy knew what he was doing he'd have easily beaten you.

2D fighters are at there best when played competitively (still struggle to spell that word lol). I would know because i've played hundreds of hours without advance techniques and hundreds with...But whatever.

The comments about SF2': Hyper Fighting on XBLA are a little off, I mean all it is, is an emulator running a shoe horned version of SF2 with online bolted in.

The Wii's main problem, is the fact that its networking is all wireless, which can be stupidly laggy.

It adds a lot of fun and depth. And if the guy knew what he was doing he'd have easily beaten you.

2D fighters are at there best when played competitively (still struggle to spell that word lol). I would know because i've played hundreds of hours without advance techniques and hundreds with...But whatever.

Well, it can be fun for you and numerous others, but there are also many who find it more fun without those techniques, myself included. I can base my opinion on the fact that I too have spent many an hour playing with "advanced" techniques, and to me, it's just not as good. Good job we have friend lists, as unfortunately, I predict that ranked matches will involve a large amount of advanced techniques. Myself? I think I'll stick to four player, items, and using Roy, not Marth.

The comments about SF2': Hyper Fighting on XBLA are a little off, I mean all it is, is an emulator running a shoe horned version of SF2 with online bolted in.

The Wii's main problem, is the fact that its networking is all wireless, which can be stupidly laggy.

I agree lag is the only thing that can hinder the online experience and should be what Nintendo focus on preventing, because it sometimes ruins Strikers and would be a shame to ruin this also.

Myself? I think I'll stick to four player, items, and using Roy, not Marth.

Im the same mate.

Rumours were going around that Roy got dropped from this version of Smash though. Can anyone confirm this or is it still just a rumour? I hope he still in as I used him alot.

Lol, I love it when people claim to use advanced techs when they're clearly bullshitting, I've been trying for like a year and I still have barely got the hang of the easiest of these. Why anyone who can do advanced techniques would use Roy instead of Marth fully knowing that Marth is the same but a lot better is quite frankly beyond me, so therefore I conclude that you must be bullshitting or totally retarded. My moneys on both.

You talking to me Bard?

I never said I used advanced techniques, I dont play games that seriously.

You talking to me Bard?

I never said I used advanced techniques, I dont play games that seriously.

Nah, he's clearly referring to me. Nice vocabulary there Bard. Though I might take you more seriously without the profanities. Anywho, I don't see the problem with preferring Roy over Marth. Sure, Marth might be a higher tier'd character, but I personally prefer Roy. I don't see the harm in having such a preference, but I guess that since you say that I'm retarded for having such an opinion, then I've clearly gone wrong somewhere in liking on character over the other, despite the so called inferiority.

There's really no denying Marth's superiority, I guess the only reason you would prefer Roy as a fighter is if you mainly used B attacks and smashes, since that's all Roy has on Marth.

I think I might take you more seriously if you'd grow up and stop whining about profanities and other such mindless, childish drivel. There's no harm in preferring Roy, I just don't see why you would though, especially as their moves are almost exactly the same...unless most of what you do is dodge and smash. Either way, you can play as you see fit, just don't get all whiny when you go online and get your ass kicked. I try to get better at fighters because I play them for competition, thats what they are it's inherent in their nature, and if I can't hold my own then there's really no point in playing at all.

and if I can't hold my own then there's really no point in playing at all.

...Fun?

Half the fun in games sometimes is just having a load of people button mashing, throwing items around like crazy and laughing. Thats why Nintendo platforms will forever own for multiplayer awesomeness!