NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

What AAA? Im guessing that it means it appeals to all audience or something?

Your way off.

So what??? That doesn't mean it's not pretty complete.

SSX Blur wasn't really seen until a few months before release.

Well my opinion is, that if we don't see alot of gameplay or released trailers for a game, it means it's a little while-off.

SSX Blur used tracks from other SSX games and is made by EA who always are able to release their games in a few short months. Unlike Nintendo, who take their time.

In 'my' opinion, i'll be very surprised to see Smash bros out in December, i hope i'm wrong though.

Your way not helpful.. what is it then? :heh:

It means that there first-party (Nintendo) big titles, like Zelda etc...

Sony's would be Metal Gear Solid and Microsofts would be Halo 3.

AAA- just think the biggest, best games (or series) for each platform.

Saying all that, i'm probably wrong. :D

So what??? That doesn't mean it's not pretty complete.

SSX Blur wasn't really seen until a few months before release.

Either it's not pretty complete or Nintendo is holding back this title more than Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. Both tell me this game will be released later, and later is likely next year.

My god it's only the 4th month into this year and a lot of you are saying that it won't be out cause there has been no news around for it, come on just wait till may.

My god it's only the 4th month into this year and a lot of you are saying that it won't be out cause there has been no news around for it, come on just wait till may.

Why May,are you an inside source O.o

If you mean E3 it's in July.

You make a good point though, we're still not even halfway into the year yet, so why knows how the second half is going to turn out.

Fighting games need constant tinkering on the balancing, right? (add a new fighter, all may need to be fiddled with to get it right) that will probably explain why there hasn't been playable code - the development process is different to other games. You can't just make a small section, they'll need to balance the thing constantly until the end.

Wasn't Smash 64 announced only a month before it was actually released?

Anyway, they'll have to develop the new game engine before they make any playable demos. That might be ready by May, but I'm not too hopeful.

Fighting games need constant tinkering on the balancing, right? (add a new fighter, all may need to be fiddled with to get it right) that will probably explain why there hasn't been playable code - the development process is different to other games. You can't just make a small section, they'll need to balance the thing constantly until the end.

yeah it does take ages to balance a fighter. I think that some of the balancing in Melee was a bit off, like with marth; his range is just stupid sometimes, especially with his grabs. And then there is Fox who is just too quick and good :heh:

The more characters there are in this game, the longer it will take for it to come out; not because they need to add the characters but because they need to make it balanced. It would annoy me if we get Brawl and there are a couple of characters who are way to easy to win with.

But that doesn't explain how tekken/soul calibur/virtua fighter games always had playeable codes at e3 and what not even though they were only past the beta builds of the games.

Or is it nintendo just have the wrong development process to produce fighting games.

Before I get flamed let me continue, if they concentrate on the fighters from the start and do that percentage of the game - they then can add all the extra feautures and stuff.

And if they wanted to they could use 3 or 4 balanced characters and one stage for them to play on. Thats why tekken, soul calibur and virtua fighter games on the ps2 all had demo discs with small sections of the game to mess about at.

If there are any Wii's available when SSB comes out I'll go grab one.

Isn't there atleast three development studios on this game? If not then damn IGN for misinformation..

nintendo should add the personalized entrances again like they did with ssb64 i always wondered why they got rid of it in ssb melee

links entrance should be like the twilight princess when he warps

Mewtwo should use his teleportation and use his evil laugh

ganondorf crashes down from the sky

mario should come flying from the skies like mario galaxy

pit should come with a beam of light floating from the skies

snake should come out his box and says its showtime like the trailer

c.falcon , with his f-zero car ofcourse

kirby crashes down with his warp star

pikachu comes out his pokeball

metaknight jumps off his ship

i also hope they put Endings for the characters in smashbrosbrawl and a new Adventure mode , and something like that you can earn coins in fights to buy new arena's / costumes / items / trophies / stuff like that / or put in against your oponent when playing in wifi to earn more coins

If there are any Wii's available when SSB comes out I'll go grab one.

Isn't there atleast three development studios on this game? If not then damn IGN for misinformation..

Just one 50-manner. A new studio made just for this game. Sora is it's name I believe.

Just one 50-manner. A new studio made just for this game. Sora is it's name I believe.

No. Sora is Sora's own agency that he uses to get contracts for various projects. We don't know what company has been hired to assist with the project, but we do know that they are team who had just finished major title for Nintendo platform.

HAL defo isn't making it, thats for sure.

I thought Nintendo set up a studio somewhere outside Tokyo for this project?

HAL defo isn't making it, thats for sure.

I thought Nintendo set up a studio somewhere outside Tokyo for this project?

Yes they did with a development team that finished a big game.

Take it Melee was internally-developed at Nintendo?

Smash Bros, Melee and Brawl are all by the same development team/company.

Take it Melee was internally-developed at Nintendo?
Nope, it was by HAL Laboratory, the studio behind Kirby. They did Smash 64 too.

Seeing a December release for this game in Japan as put forward by Famitsu, there's close to no chance of us seeing it this year.

Seeing a December release for this game in Japan as put forward by Famitsu, there's close to no chance of us seeing it this year.

Shame.. Is Mario Galaxy out in 2007?

Your probably right. Saying that, the lack of text in the game may help us slightly.

Xmas 2007 would be great.