NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Nope. Thats Ivysaur.

Still, what a crazy new character! He stands outside the battle and his Pokémon do all the fighting :D

Hmm, a very interesting idea for a character - I don't think anyone was expecting that! Funny how there'll now be a few Pokémon that are 'trainer controlled' (Charizard, Iysaur, Squirtle), some that are 'self-controlled' (Pikachu and whoever else is confirmed), and some that only com from Pokéballs.

Can't wait to see how this character plays. Does the fact that he has to be permanently standing in the background mean that we won't be getting any crazy stages, like Big Blue or the Kraid stage from Melee, becase he wouldn't be able to stand in the background? Saying that, I wonder how it'll work on the Animal Crossing stage.. Will he be rotating around with the other AC characters?

Considering the fact that the trainer doesn't really do much, it'd be a good idea for Nintendo to make it so you can choose to be a boy trainer or a girl trainer, too.

Considering the fact that the trainer doesn't really do much, it'd be a good idea for Nintendo to make it so you can choose to be a boy trainer or a girl trainer, too.

It seems to be a direct copy of Pokémon battle revolution model, so its possible that there are both skins.

Can't wait to see how this character plays. Does the fact that he has to be permanently standing in the background mean that we won't be getting any crazy stages, like Big Blue or the Kraid stage from Melee, becase he wouldn't be able to stand in the background? Saying that, I wonder how it'll work on the Animal Crossing stage.. Will he be rotating around with the other AC characters?

Maybe he will ride on his bike around the background. :heh:

I hope this character won't be unbalanced because he looks cool to play as once in a while. I think his Final Smash might be calling all Pokemon at the same tiome for some kind of unison attack.

Maybe he will ride on his bike around the background. :heh:

I hope this character won't be unbalanced because he looks cool to play as once in a while. I think his Final Smash might be calling all Pokemon at the same tiome for some kind of unison attack.

Or he brings out a crazy legendary!

Also, bike = best idea ever, if doubtful :D

The fact the Pokémon have stamina of a sort is a clever idea, stops you just from using a single one over and over.

This update is super special awesome!

As for final smashes, each Pokémon will probably have their own Final Smash methinks. Each starter has one of those elemental Hyper Beams. Frenzy Plant for Ivysaur, Blast Burn for Charizard and Hydro Cannon for Squirtle. Okay, so technically only the final evolutions learnt them, but still, I'd say that's the most likely option.

And judging by the fact that one of those screenshots is in Rumble Falls, I wouldn't worry so much about him being unable to move. Maybe he summons a Pidgeot or something to help him fly upwards.

It would be also cool now and then if the trainer randomly throws a pokeball at the characters fighting ^_^

How does he disappear when defeated in "stock mode" PLAYER 2/COMPUTER PLAYER DEFEATED, what will happen, will he just disappear suddenly Red Steel Style? I hope not...

How does he disappear when defeated in "stock mode" PLAYER 2/COMPUTER PLAYER DEFEATED, what will happen, will he just disappear suddenly Red Steel Style? I hope not...

He'll faint, and just lie there for a while. :heh:

This is a brilliant update - three new characters for the price of one.

Plus, you could decide your favourite and not use him for the whole match, only bringing him out for when you are 'mad'. :)

For a minute there, I thought you played as the Pokemon Trainer himself. But having him stand in the background 'directing' you is a neat idea. It's basically the Zelda/Sheik thing but with one extra character. Very nice.

Now this one is unexpected. I love the idea! Another playable character that has a unique capability and fighting style. Keep the surprises coming!

Finally get to kick in Charizard, all those matches where it was invincible... pah!

Incredible idea :D Can't wait to play this game. I'm hoping that there'll be more than 1 Pokémon stage. Other than the stadium, hopefully a city one or even a retro city one. It would suit perfectly to having different weather effects like rain & snow.

Haha its just crazy! I like the way they've gone for the original 3 with a 1 stage, 2 stage and then 3 stage evolution. Can you imagine 4 pokemon trainers?!?! 4 charizards attacking each other :P

Pretty awesome update. I still wish Pidgeot was a playable cahracter though.

Do you think the Pokemon trainers alt costumes/colors could be different characters like a female trainer or Brock or Ash?

Such a cool update btw.

i am really curious for wat the Adventure mode will look like for the pokemon character :P in brawl ,

i really wich they make a pokemon adventure rpg for the wii with the same graphicks they used for the pokemon model then they just start from the first / second generation pokemon and go on from there i'll buy it for shure