Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

I think the underwater theme still needs a lot of expansion in the 3d games. I want a DARK underwater area, like Maridia in Super Metroid. Very atmospheric, almost entirely submerged and most importantly, with next to no vision without a light source. For a 3d game comparison I want something like the sewers in Shadows of the Empire on the N64. Just as scary, but darker...and more Metroid-esque of course.

I'd like to see a more Brinstar-esque plant life area in 3d as well. Tallon IV's areas were a bit too...well..."normal" looking. Like not much different from what you'd expect on earth. I'd rather have a very heavy alien feeling to the environments, with exaggerated colour schemes and bizarre plants and rock formations.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the underwater theme still needs a lot of expansion in the 3d games. I want a DARK underwater area, like Maridia in Super Metroid.

Exacly! I would really love to see a more underground metroid, as the 2D ones were. Where you would only see the surface on rare occasions.

Exacly! I would really love to see a more underground metroid, as the 2D ones were. Where you would only see the surface on rare occasions.

I completely agree - it gives you a much better feeling of being 'trapped' and alone.

Haven't followed this thread yet. But having recently picked up Metroid Fusion (and ordered Metroid: Zero Mission) for cheap recently, I'm totally into the Metroid universe again. I missed those gems on the GBA a few years back, so I'm catching up on it now. Man, those games are awesome!

I really loved Fusion, great story, nice twists and unbelievably fun and playable. I never got to finish Metroid Prime on the GC, I was at 88%, but somehow I lost interest in it. Now, I'm back at it again. It's beautiful to play and see that game again. It really captures the 2D games.

Just this week I picked up Metroid Prime 2, since I missed that game as well. And since this game was dirt-cheap, I couldnt pass it up. So basically, I'm picking up all the Metroid games I can find. Getting prepared for the gem that is Metroid Prime 3. I'm expecting more of the same as the other 2 Prime games, but with better controls and a few new gameplay additions. One of the most important aspects of a Metroid game is that it's atmoshperic, with ambient music to immerse you into the game.

Now hurry up on the VC release of Super Metroid!

Haven't followed this thread yet. But having recently picked up Metroid Fusion (and ordered Metroid: Zero Mission) for cheap recently, I'm totally into the Metroid universe again. I missed those gems on the GBA a few years back, so I'm catching up on it now. Man, those games are awesome!

I really loved Fusion, great story, nice twists and unbelievably fun and playable. I never got to finish Metroid Prime on the GC, I was at 88%, but somehow I lost interest in it. Now, I'm back at it again. It's beautiful to play and see that game again. It really captures the 2D games.

Just this week I picked up Metroid Prime 2, since I missed that game as well. And since this game was dirt-cheap, I couldnt pass it up. So basically, I'm picking up all the Metroid games I can find. Getting prepared for the gem that is Metroid Prime 3. I'm expecting more of the same as the other 2 Prime games, but with better controls and a few new gameplay additions. One of the most important aspects of a Metroid game is that it's atmoshperic, with ambient music to immerse you into the game.

Now hurry up on the VC release of Super Metroid!

Fusion is a really magical game. I think its the only GBA game bar advance wars and mario kart that ive completed. And if you look at the caliber of those two other games that really is a compliment. I loved how dark the atmosphere was and the scary twists in the plot and the music through headphones! Awesome anyone who has a Micro pick this up.

Seeing as Samus travels to different planets as the 'levels' in Prime 3, one new environment could be a total water planet!

There was water to explore in Prime 1 and 2, but there could be a Water planet/environment in Prime 3.

Like the water planet in Attack of the Clones, it could be a ruined research centre; partly above the water and mainly below the water (which would all be flooded).

Above ground there could be heavy rain and waves crashing over the side onto the walkways and against the windows.

Below the surface, aswell as exploring the flooded research centre you could explore the sea floor and a flooded cave system etc... They could really do some awesome water effects on the visor and with lighting!

Kamino.jpg

Also, I'm selling Echoes on ebay (MINT condition) if anyone wants to catch up on the series before Prime 3!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metroid-Prime-2-Echoes-MINT-condition_W0QQitemZ250079483031QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20390QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd also like a space station.

Sure it would feel a bit like Halo, but after all there was a space station at the beginning of MP1 as well and tbh this was the coolest part of the game for me. There were little cutscenes and the environment was really atmospheric. Everything was destroyed, there was smoke, only emergency lights...

I'd also like a space station.

Sure it would feel a bit like Halo, but after all there was a space station at the beginning of MP1 as well and tbh this was the coolest part of the game for me. There were little cutscenes and the environment was really atmospheric. Everything was destroyed, there was smoke, only emergency lights...

Twas pretty cool. Thinking about it, during the evacuation there were some nice platforming parts and things to look at. You also see Ridley there trying to stop you but it gets injured?

Well yeah, more of that place would be nice, maybe with more half-dead pirates. And there were some creatures there that appeared nowhere else in the game too. That ws cool.

You also see Ridley there trying to stop you but it gets injured?
The space station is where the space pirates are rebuilding Ridley into Meta Ridley. When you arrive in that room Ridley has reached full health and brakes free of the cables and wires assisting the rebuild; this destruction of the machinery causes the space station to blow up!

Metroid Fusion is quite simply the best Metroid of all times. That makes it the second best game ever.

...it is not in super metroids league and i prefered zero mission despite the more ot less lack of a story.the stealth part at the end of that was brilliant.samus without the siut was amzing

Fusion is definitely an awesome game. Compared to other classic Nintendo franchise, I'm quite late to the game. Never played Metroid on the NES and played a little bit on Metroid II for GB when I was a kid. I was to impatient to really enjoy the game back then. I missed on Super Metroid too, though I knew that was a great game. So basically I've really only started with Prime.

Fusion, though short, is really enjoyable. And to complete the game at 100% isn't an easy task. Some of those 'puzzles' were really ingenious. I was surprised by the amount of moves and abilities Samus could earn. The 'shine charge' move wasn't even mentioned in the game or manual! It's not a requirement to reach the end of the game though. I like those 'hidden' things.

So basically, I'm catching up on the Metroid franchise now. Zero Mission, along with the unlockable NES Metroid, and Prime 2 are next on my list.

You're kidding, right? It was 5 hours long and held your hand the whole way through.

Every 2D Metroid was like that. I just think the story this game had made Metroid what it should've always been like. I find Super Metroid to be unmotivating sometimes.

Every 2D Metroid was like that. I just think the story this game had made Metroid what it should've always been like. I find Super Metroid to be unmotivating sometimes.

ammm no super metroid didnt hold your hand and was hardly 5 hours long.if you however cleared it that fast i will knight you.But im sure some did but not the first time

Yeah really the only 2d Metroid to totally hold your hand is Fusion. Zero Mission has a little of it but you don't always know exactly how to get everywhere. 1, 2 and 3 on the other hand don't have any sort of instructions about where to go, you always have to find out yourself, which is why Super Metroid was so awesome for exploring.

OK guys why dont you make your own metroid fusion thread or 2D metroid thread if you're so interested in stating your opinion about those games. This is a corruption thread (no pun intended).

I have to say im a bit disappointed that there is only one main weapon in this game, but then at least you dont have to wait ages to change weapon or open a door with a different beam colour.

Does anyone else find it really stupid that in prime 1+2 morph ball bombs can destroy sandstone but superheated magma cant?I always chuckle to myself when i try and burn a sandstone wall with a charge beam combo. Gets me every time!

OK guys why dont you make your own metroid fusion thread or 2D metroid thread if you're so interested in stating your opinion about those games. This is a corruption thread (no pun intended).

I have to say im a bit disappointed that there is only one main weapon in this game, but then at least you dont have to wait ages to change weapon or open a door with a different beam colour.

Does anyone else find it really stupid that in prime 1+2 morph ball bombs can destroy sandstone but superheated magma cant?I always chuckle to myself when i try and burn a sandstone wall with a charge beam combo. Gets me every time!

or why doesnt a super missle destroy it.Silly stuff yes but i never really care about that.

We havent got much metroid info in a long time.To save this thread from going to page 2(THE HORROR) we should discuss all things metroid related

...no? It was ridiculously easy to get lost in Super Metroid.

Right, it didn't take you by hand (I actually was kind of referring to the length but bleh), but I prefer a bit of guidance. It's a matter of taste I guess. The additional story telling in Metroid Fusion gave it something that previous Metroid were missing in my opinion. I didn't dislike Super Metroid, but I felt it was missing a drive somehow.

I actually found weapon switching very annoying. In the end you always used the most powerful beam except for certain enemies and doors of course. The continous beam upgrades in the 2D games also worked very well.

Edit: I only hope Retro won't recycle the beams again. I mean the beam cannons were almost identical. They only had different textures and the charges also looked basically the same (except for the colour).

I actually found weapon switching very annoying. In the end you always used the most powerful beam except for certain enemies and doors of course. The continous beam upgrades in the 2D games also worked very well.

Edit: I only hope Retro won't recycle the beams again. I mean the beam cannons were almost identical. They only had different textures and the charges also looked basically the same (except for the colour).

Hellooooo! i was saying that i didnt like the weapon swithcing! i said 'at least you dont have to wait ages to change weapon or open a door with a different beam colour'.

and yeah, the beams did look too similar. from prime 1 to prime 2 the weapons looked the same and did the same - basically.

power beam = power beam

light beam = wave beam (both quite powerful, both fast shooting both locked on)

dark beam = ice beam (both travelled slowly, both had really powerful charge combos, both froze enemies)

Anniholator = plasma beam (probably the least similar of the lot, but they are still the most poweful and had the best rate of fire(?))

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!