Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

Seems I didn't make myself really clear. I don't want Metroid to become a generic FPS either and the isolation is quite cool actually but I missed the feeling that there was a living, breathing universe around it in the Prime games.

When playing Zero Mission and Fusion, there were those little cuts where Samus told about her past and you saw her launching from a space station and such.

Also in MP2 there was the story about the Marines at first. You saw their logs, what happened. If that story continued throughout the whole game, with little hints here and there about the remaining troops I thought it would be even more addictive.

What I'd like however is that it's like the first two Prime games with some added cutscenes. Maybe a communication with the Federation about the Progress of the mission or even an encounter with a rival Hunter.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like however is that it's like the first two Prime games with some added cutscenes. Maybe a communication with the Federation about the Progress of the mission or even an encounter with a rival Hunter.

The encounter with rival hunters is okay, but the comunications with the GF would have to be scarce and far between, because it would remove the great Super Metroid feel.

I loved Metroid Fusion and it did not had the feeling of isolation.

But don't get me wrong, i also like the "living universe" around the metroid story.

Is it just me or do people think there needs to be more 'harder' enemies to kill?! Its boring seeing little things crall up a wall which take a shot to kill, i want more elite pirates like the ones in prime 2 on the big bridge.

And they should make missiles feel more powerful, they dont really have a very satisfying effect when shot IMO.

Is it just me or do people think there needs to be more 'harder' enemies to kill?! Its boring seeing little things crall up a wall which take a shot to kill, i want more elite pirates like the ones in prime 2 on the big bridge.

And they should make missiles feel more powerful, they dont really have a very satisfying effect when shot IMO.

I disagree. Combat was never one of Prime's strong points. The harder enemies are more of a chore to defeat than anything

I disagree. Combat was never one of Prime's strong points. The harder enemies are more of a chore to defeat than anything

I agree, however this may change with the introduction of the wiimote.

Dunno still not convinced about this game, which is a shame.

Add online and i'm sold.:wink:

they said that they might include multiplayer as an extra download - wii 24/7

but online? prime 2 multiplayer was crap - 4 weapons and lock on?! corruption will be the same apart from there's only gonna be one weapon that gets more powerful after time.

whats the point in having multiplayer, let alone online?!

plus i will say again:

does anybody think missiles should feel more powerful when shot?

they said that they might include multiplayer as an extra download - wii 24/7

but online? prime 2 multiplayer was crap - 4 weapons and lock on?! corruption will be the same apart from there's only gonna be one weapon that gets more powerful after time.

whats the point in having multiplayer, let alone online?!

plus i will say again:

does anybody think missiles should feel more powerful when shot?

Eh I thoguht this game dosn't have lock on because of the wii control, If it still does then they should change it for the multiplayer. All I really want is a bigger better version of metroid prime hunters for online. How about if you played those as those space marine people and not samus?

Add online and i'm sold.:wink:

Come on, no multiplayer please. (as I think that's what you meant, since the game will utilize WiiConnect so in a sense it will be online) The multiplayer for Prime 2 was rather daft, and I'd rather want them to work on the singleplayer as much as possible instead.

They could perhaps release something like Metroid Prime Arena, online based multiplayer FPS set in the same world or so.

And I hope they don't make it(MP3) more like a generic FPS, I like the isolation and setting in the Prime series, however, they could release a game set in the Metroid universe but where you are a galatic trooper or so that shoots around.

Elite Pirates are my fav enemies in Prime 2, they should be even harder, and be in squads. What i don't like is having to kill them each time i go trough a certain room.

If they're the ones that turn invisible (unless you have the Dark Visor), then I hated them with a passion because they took so long to kill. I would usually hide in a corner and wait until they got bored and disappeared!

King Boo, the Super Missiles feel very satisfying when shot. I guess a normal missile has to be less impressive for that reason. :-)

Lock-On is in the game and the non-box aiming control is called Expert mode.

Metroid Prime isn't a FPS, it doesn't need a multiplayer! In Hunters, there were about 5 different guns you could get, for a FPS you need at least 20 different guns, big expansive levels with lots of people in it. Metroid is an adventure game, not a shooting game.

Metroid Prime isn't a FPS, it doesn't need a multiplayer! In Hunters, there were about 5 different guns you could get, for a FPS you need at least 20 different guns, big expansive levels with lots of people in it. Metroid is an adventure game, not a shooting game.

Hail to the Preeeacha! You couldn't have put it better. "Yeah let's make Electroplankton have a deathmatch mode! That would work right?"

just because it always was an adventure game doesn't mean it always has to be!If we stuck to this rule with super mario games we never would have received super mario kart!

Yeah but MarioKart isnt the 3rd part in a trilogy of games is it?

The Metroid game after that will probably be a Multiplayer only form and I'm guessing will be another collaboration effort like Hunters was. Just let them finish the Prime series on a high note eh?

Yeah but MarioKart isnt the 3rd part in a trilogy of games is it?

The Metroid game after that will probably be a Multiplayer only form and I'm guessing will be another collaboration effort like Hunters was. Just let them finish the Prime series on a high note eh?

i just thought hunters was excellent in muliplayer but crap in single.Echos was excellent in one player but crap in muliplayer.Would you really say no to a game that has fun in both modes!We all know that retro studios could do a muliplayer if they had enough time!

Bit of a long shot here but on Wii Connect 24 you could have a sort of bounty hunter scenarios.

So you hunt a certain enemy for money. The way it'd work is by downloading the scenario it will then load the map and only spawn what the scenario says.

Hard to explain.

Basically Samus is a bounty hunter and therefore would have to do these choirs. But you compete online on the missions because the first to complete it gets the bounty which could purchase extras or something along those lines.

i just thought hunters was excellent in muliplayer but crap in single.Echos was excellent in one player but crap in muliplayer.Would you really say no to a game that has fun in both modes!We all know that retro studios could do a muliplayer if they had enough time!

Wasn't it Nintendo who made Metroid Prime: Hunters?

just because it always was an adventure game doesn't mean it always has to be!If we stuck to this rule with super mario games we never would have received super mario kart!

Good point, I'd actually started out writing a reply to whoever said that there should be a game called "Metroid Prime Arena" saying it was a really good idea but I couldn't decide on how to write it so I deleted it (I'll attempt again now).

As long as the only single player in it is with bots in a multiplayer scenario it could be good, there needs to be lots of different guns, not just 5 like in Hunters, but different type machine guns, SMG's, shot guns, pistols. They can be addons to the thing on Samus' arm already if you really want them to be. There needs to be loads of big levels, 15 levels of variable sizes are a must, but well designed for all types of gameplay, CTF, King of the Hill, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch. There should be levels with room for up to 16 players at least but levels that are also good 2v2.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!