NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

If only we could download a demo *sigh*

That would really get things going.

The wait for October 26th is going to be incredibly hard, especially when the US gets it August 20th. They'll be posting "MP3 is AWESOME" all over the internet, while I weep. I'll kill whoever spoils anything plot related.

Ahh thats gonna be the worst!

OMFG META-KRAID!!!!!1337 OMEGA METROID!!! DARK SAMUS LOOKS LIKE BEYONCE!!!!!!!

ok maybe not the last one:heh:

No problem here because Metroid Prime isn't an FPS.

Yes yes yes I know. FPA and all that crap.

By FPS I meant a first person game that shoots things. The GameCube pad did not lend well to aiming a gun in the first person.

Yes yes yes I know. FPA and all that crap.

By FPS I meant a first person game that shoots things. The GameCube pad did not lend well to aiming a gun in the first person.

I suggest everyone ignores the FPS/FPA discussion of this game until we actually play it. The boarder is more blurred iin MP3 then it ever was

can we just get the mods to ban ppl who give away the plot?

As always the guidance will be to use spoiler tags, I'm sure the mods will catch anything that is plot wrecking and put it spoiler tags if it isn 't

ahhh thanks mate

I just stopped myself watching the vid posted up on the main page. Just remembered how much of MP2 i spoiled by watching too many vids

- A lot of Metroid Prime 3 talk. Matt not happy with hype level, MP3 promo channel. IGN should be getting the game next week

The arse is still unhappy, he must be emo or something.

Well come on, they advertise the fuck out of their casual games, why not a triple A hardcore gamer title? If it's at/above the quality levels of the Halo's, GTA's and all the "popular" jazz of other consoles, why not get the damn word out there?

The Wii channel is okay, but it's only advertising for people who already own the system....and go online...and have a vague enough interest to download it.

Well come on, they advertise the fuck out of their casual games, why not a triple A hardcore gamer title? If it's at/above the quality levels of the Halo's, GTA's and all the "popular" jazz of other consoles, why not get the damn word out there?

The Wii channel is okay, but it's only advertising for people who already own the system....and go online...and have a vague enough interest to download it.

Well... the game isn't out yet, do you want them to advertise something that can't be bought yet? TV adverts will kick of when the game can be bought.

They didn't do that for Wii Sports, Brain Training, hell... Mario party 8. (and they aren't doing it for Wii Fit).

They are complaining about the mp3 site not being updated because they have ulterior motives since they've been bitching for ages at Nintendo that they want a MP3 development blog on their site. What do they care? they were complaining in the podcast about smash dojo being updated.

Also... one thing most gamers fail to understand... a casual game marketing and a hardcore game have different marketing approaches, a casual game tries to get people who don't play games to play them, so it's really a demographic who is not as open to it, so you advertise it for 6 months straight and always get results, but with a game like Zelda (or Metroid) there's no point on keeping insisting, you won't get the same return value.

Also... development budget for a Metroid game and a brain training game, as well as development time required are pretty much different, oposite even, you could say with a hardcore game they spend loads more in what it matters, and with a casual one they keep it cheap and use the remaining money to market it. Really different aproaches, makes no sense to market Metroid like Brain Training, and makes no sense Gamers to see that as discrimination, when they all have bought the game already.

As for the Wii Channel, there's a big percentage of Wii's connected to the internet (more than 40%) and don't they want the game to be marketed for hardcores? also... what does that make of X360 demos and previews? isn't it marketing the games for their public? no wonder it's hardcore.

BTW F*CKING love that Setup:bowdown:

hehehe Thanks!! this was made possible to the events we do with nisute Europe we always get great offers from http://expert.nl the TV dealer of the events

:yay:

The wait for October 26th is going to be incredibly hard, especially when the US gets it August 20th. They'll be posting "MP3 is AWESOME" all over the internet, while I weep. I'll kill whoever spoils anything plot related.

The wait could be worse your birthday could be on the 26th October as well.

although it doesn't look bad i still cant hide the disappointment on that its still looking like a cube game.:(

although it doesn't look bad i still cant hide the disappointment on that its still looking like a cube game.:(

Are you looking at the same game as me?

I thought that too at first. But after playing the first two again, and seeing some of the new videos I can say it looks a lot better than a Cube game.

Just so people know, the amount of hype Prime got before it was released was crazy. I mean, even weeks before the game was out EVERYONE knew it was coming, mainly because of lots of media events and such. Compare this to corruption, and IGN have only played it 3 times....

Just so people know, the amount of hype Prime got before it was released was crazy. I mean, even weeks before the game was out EVERYONE knew it was coming, mainly because of lots of media events and such. Compare this to corruption, and IGN have only played it 3 times....

A good reason why it was like that was because it was the first metroid game to appear since the SNES era (Yes I know about fusion, that to got a lot of hype as well) but with MP3 people already know about the game, it doesn't need as much publicity as what MP had.

Also... one thing most gamers fail to understand... a casual game marketing and a hardcore game have different marketing approaches, a casual game tries to get people who don't play games to play them, so it's really a demographic who is not as open to it, so you advertise it for 6 months straight and always get results, but with a game like Zelda (or Metroid) there's no point on keeping insisting, you won't get the same return value.

Also... development budget for a Metroid game and a brain training game, as well as development time required are pretty much different, oposite even, you could say with a hardcore game they spend loads more in what it matters, and with a casual one they keep it cheap and use the remaining money to market it. Really different aproaches, makes no sense to market Metroid like Brain Training, and makes no sense Gamers to see that as discrimination, when they all have bought the game already.

As for the Wii Channel, there's a big percentage of Wii's connected to the internet (more than 40%) and don't they want the game to be marketed for hardcores? also... what does that make of X360 demos and previews? isn't it marketing the games for their public? no wonder it's hardcore.

Yep yep, we can't spout that Metroid is finally catering to the hardcore gamer then want it advertised and made mainstream like other Wii games. If it's for the hardcore, then the hardcore will be online finding out what they can about it and will know when its coming out etc... alot like the people here. And on the other hand, the casual people who like to play fun stuff like Wii Sports or whatever don't need to see adverts for it cos they'll just think its some rubbish old space shooter, and it won't convert them anyway. So putting a bit of advertising on the Wiiware is far from a bad idea, the hardcore purists, who are gonna buy the game regardless, will know how to find it whereas other people won't be too worried if its too complicated.

It's weird how Nintendo seem to want to expand the market on Wii to casual gamers, however this game is their chance to expand their market to Hardcore games (like steal some PS3 and 360 fans out there). I mean, i know of a lot of people who are interested in the Wii and don't even know of MP3.

Also, when Matt C emails Retro asking them if he get to play the game (and he's been doing so for months) and they keep ignoring them, I can understand their frustration. I mean bloody hell if I worked at Retro i'd be pissed atm.

As it stands, the UK launch of the game download service is scheduled for next year. Nintendo UK says the early launch is part of NOA's promotion of MP3 in the run up to the game's launch on August 28. "We currently have no plans to bring this to the UK as the launch of the game is still over a month away," a spokesperson told CVG.

Also, when Matt C emails Retro asking them if he get to play the game (and he's been doing so for months) and they keep ignoring them, I can understand their frustration. I mean bloody hell if I worked at Retro i'd be pissed atm.
If I worked at retro... I'd be pissed at how Matt can be such a immature prick.

Because that's Retro who keeps ignoring Matt (they're the ones Matt keeps spam-emailing, not Nintendo). Why would they give him a exclusive? Now... that's what he wanted.

If they did a exception for IGN they'd need to give footage and screens to every guy and magazine out there; as for a development blog... Matt seems to think Retro as his peers or something, I don't see him complaining about how Mario Galaxy or Zelda should have a blog at IGN, or even suggesting, because he knows he has no chance, and that's what I call respect. Thing is... he never had a chance for Metroid Prime 3 too, and he's pissed about that.

No such thing as "bohoo the oficial website is not updated" he wanted a IGN MP3 Blog.

today i showed a friend the metroid trailer. and guess what happened? He bought a Wii straight of the bet!!!! i was like WTF!!!

today i showed a friend the metroid trailer. and guess what happened? He bought a Wii straight of the bet!!!! i was like WTF!!!
Yay :D

Does the "she likes it" phrase have that much impact?