NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Not enough other titles though really. 1 a month? For the best selling platform?

I like this from CVG's hands-on...

...the beauty of the control scheme - the tightest and wisest Wii FPS setup yet. With varying levels of invisible box-dom, we select advanced - a tight invisible box with near one-to-one pointer/perspective shifting. She turns just when you would want her to turn - all that mouse-and-keyboard-equalling big talk is justified. When you see how the aiming speed lets you juggle cargo crates in the air with rapid blasts, you may as well stamp your old GameCube pads to pieces - you won't be going back.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=168142

Not enough other titles though really. 1 a month? For the best selling platform?

One awesome title per month is not enough? That's ridiculous, most consoles have like 1 in a million years (exageration). Not to mention it would be overkill to release more.

One awesome title per month is not enough? That's ridiculous, most consoles have like 1 in a million years (exageration). Not to mention it would be overkill to release more.

Yeah, sorry that was more meant to be a jab at the fact that there still arent that many 3rd party releases coming. All credit to Nintendo for being able to pull out this many games actually. Shame that the Wii seems to still have to rely on them.

Yeah, sorry that was more meant to be a jab at the fact that there still arent that many 3rd party releases coming. All credit to Nintendo for being able to pull out this many games actually. Shame that the Wii seems to still have to rely on them.

Ah yeah. Well there are probably 3rd party games coming out, don't know about that for sure though.

This game will be pure sex! Can't wait to play it.

I wonder what does the Galactic Federation looking suit will do. I think it control the corruption of Samus and allow her to use hyper mode. It's the kind of thing suits do in Metroid games.

I agree 3rd party games are a little thin on the ground this Q3/Q4 , but I imagine we will see a fair increase in support for next year as the Wii has been turning heads recently. The Wii simply being still a relatively new console is also factor.

At least we get some cool exclusives like MySims and Zack & Wiki, as well as the usual Nintendo stuff. Looking over the PS3 release list for the rest of the year, almost all of it seems to be games destined or already on 360.

EDIT: I take it back.. she is apparently not using her right arm in that sequence, so... im a sucker.. but that wasn't really news..

the title screen vid looks sweet, how long before europe gets this game again?

26th of October, I have it written down in my agenda.:p

Ta! not too far away i guess, painfull waiting thou!

I suppose i should finally get round to completing the first one *puts flame resistant suit on* :red: I did finish prime 2 thou strangely enough :heh:

I think it's more painfull when you know the date cause it seems further away :(

the title screen vid looks sweet, how long before europe gets this game again?

Agreed. Looks stunning.

Yeah, it does look sweet, the vids are excellent. I'm not sure if I like the idea of the 'hypr mode' though.

Yeah, it does look sweet, the vids are excellent. I'm not sure if I like the idea of the 'hypr mode' though.

I don't think anyone's seen it properly yet. Which probably means it's either really really good or really really bad.

I wonder if any items will require triple bomb jumps. (like in MP, but extra height due to the new jump)..

I don't think anyone's seen it properly yet. Which probably means it's either really really good or really really bad.

I'm currently replaying MP2, which is great, but it just doesn't live up to the first, in my opinion it falls short due to the light world/dark world thing and the ammo system wasn't really Metroid.

I just hope they don't add things that take away from the great feel that the original Prime had. I enjoyed Prime so much I would just settle for them releasing a remix of that every year, maybe with just new areas. It was awesome, best game of the last generation on any platform.

Yep, I'd agree with everything you said there.

If MP2 had been almost exactly the same as the first game, I would have bought it and played it through and loved it. But I would have felt a little empty about it - as if I haven't experienced anything particularly new or different.

As it is, I'm really glad they made it as different as they did. The ammo system and light/dark world felt unnatural, but only because of the brilliance we were accustomed to after the first game. I like having two Metroid games that deliver quite varied experiences.

And again, from what we've seen of MP3, the control scheme notwithstanding, we're set for another different experience, which is great.

I wonder if any items will require triple bomb jumps. (like in MP, but extra height due to the new jump)..

In Super Metroid and Metroid II, you couldn't use the additional jump to bomb jump higher, I think. I hope we can do that, though. I liked that bomb jump sequence to get an energy tank in Metroid prime and wouldn't mind having another one. But with the additional jump included.

In Dutch [N]Gamer they seem to reveal that there's a stackable beam combination that allows you to shoot through walls, classic Wave Beam style. They also announce a return of the X-ray Visor, so that should make a good combination.

i really wonder wat nintendo did with the voice acting , i mean did they gave samus a Voice also or is she quiet i only heard one talking in one of the earlier videos , wat is the release date for europe for this game?

I thought it was just other characters that got voices. They seem to like their silent hero types.

Absolutely i've got no problems with it. As far as I know she doesn't have one.

In Dutch [N]Gamer they seem to reveal that there's a stackable beam combination that allows you to shoot through walls, classic Wave Beam style. They also announce a return of the X-ray Visor, so that should make a good combination.

We know that since E3 2006. It has been said few times by developpers.