NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

The Prime 2 box is half-assed, like the game itself

Seconded. Prime 1 has a better box and is a far superior game. Light and dark killed the game for me. Poor design choices and a poor weapon set.

Corruption is the game, out of the big 3, that I can see hitting this year. Although, if online play is being added I don't think it will.

I'll call it now. Metroid Prime Corruption in Sept, Mario Galaxy in Dec and SSBB in May 2008.

EDIT: 999 posts. I don't want to make the 1000st, it needs to be good. Not like the above tripe.^^^^^

I really hope we get news on this soon,been so long since we've heard anything and that week is shapping up to be a good week for me.No exams,Mario Strikers and now this.

Please online confirmation with VOIP >.<

It would seriously make the game complete (assuming they got told to add multiplayer after really concentrating on the first player experience)

According to GoNintendo, GameStop and EB Games will be taking pre-orders from today (these companies can't take pre-orders until NoA tells them they can).

Mario Strikers Charged can also be pre-ordered, which suggests that they are getting released at a similat time.

Could we see (speculation from me):

US

May - Mario Party 8

June - Pokemon Battle Revolution

July - Metroid Prime 3

August - Mario Strikers Charged

Euurope:

May - Mario Strikers Charged

June - Mario Party 8 & Trauma Centre

July - Super Paper Mario

August - Metroid Prime 3.

I can only hope.

Cube, I would LOVE you to be right!

I'm certainly hoping we get some info soon... as a certain someone said we could be getting... if we don't I'm gonna hunt down Cassamassima...

...How do you spell his name?!

According to GoNintendo, GameStop and EB Games will be taking pre-orders from today (these companies can't take pre-orders until NoA tells them they can).

Mario Strikers Charged can also be pre-ordered, which suggests that they are getting released at a similat time.

Could we see (speculation from me):

US

May - Mario Party 8

June - Pokemon Battle Revolution

July - Metroid Prime 3

August - Mario Strikers Charged

Euurope:

May - Mario Strikers Charged

June - Mario Party 8 & Trauma Centre

July - Super Paper Mario

August - Metroid Prime 3.

I can only hope.

Traume Centre got confirmed for the 27th of July a while ago.

So far it looks like Matt is right.Maybe a date we'll get and online details hopefully >.<

Urk.

Every time I see this topic near the top, I think to myself 'At last, some more news about the game!'

I've had a preorder with Amazon since the 3rd of July 2006. It will soon overtake Twilight Princess (GC) as my longest ever preorder.

Metroid Prime 3 will need at least two months between its release and the E3 for the hype machine. I'd say September earliest.

Metroid Prime 3 will need at least two months between its release and the E3 for the hype machine. I'd say September earliest.

Very true! September would be great, just in time for my birthday!

Urk.

Every time I see this topic near the top, I think to myself 'At last, some more news about the game!'

Thats what i always think, even though there probably wont be any news, im still hopeful.

Ive probably dashed someones hopes by posting this.

Seconded. Prime 1 has a better box and is a far superior game. Light and dark killed the game for me. Poor design choices and a poor weapon set.

I actually liked the dark and light thing.. was kinda challenging!

Too bad i have little sense or orientation.. im always getting lost!

No one knows if this is going to have some kind of online functions?! It seems weird that a AAA title like this won't be getting some online love!

(And don't give me that crap about the "single player story bla bla", you can enjoy it and play it online too, killing your friends is always fun!)

I actually liked the dark and light thing.. was kinda challenging!

Metroid Prime 2 was good game, but there was too much backtracking. Keys were fairly easy to find, but I didn't like how the next place was on the opposite side of map.

Metroid Prime 2 was good game, but there was too much backtracking. Keys were fairly easy to find, but I didn't like how the next place was on the opposite side of map.

I thought the keys were a nightmare ha. I had no problem with the gameplay itself but those damn keys. i found them all by fluke.

the light and dark elements were great but not as cool as the way LTTP did it but it was similiar

I'm with mcj I found the keys, especially the 9 sky temple keys, really difficult to locate. I found 6 of them flukily and I had to get an faq fo the other 3 because none of the clues meant anything to me. It was much better in Prime when they just gave our the rooms.

Ammo was unneccessary in Echoes. It was only there because they needed an ammo system in the multiplayer, which sucked badly may I add, and they just thought 'lets keep it in teh single play3r!'

Metroid Prime was a victim of it's own success, in a way.

They first was so damn good, they where very, very limited.

Fortunately, the new controller has opened up many new pathways, both metaphorically and literally...

I think MP2 had too many "what the hell am I gonna do next" moments, to the point where it gets a bit boring.

I've never finished either 1 or 2.. yet. But im liking 1!

(well im kinda drunk too :heh: )

I don't consider Metroid Prime 2 much less than Prime 1; although the Dark World was a bit weak it did make gameplay more interesting than in Metroid Prime 1.

I found the dark and light theme a bit annoying at times and especially the ammo system but I really liked the fights against Dark Samus.

That kind of Nemesis actually made it more interesting for me story-wise than the first one.

I especially liked how its pace increased towards the end, with the light suit and screw attack, trying to find the keys.

I'm with mcj I found the keys, especially the 9 sky temple keys, really difficult to locate. I found 6 of them flukily and I had to get an faq fo the other 3 because none of the clues meant anything to me. It was much better in Prime when they just gave our the rooms.

Ammo was unneccessary in Echoes. It was only there because they needed an ammo system in the multiplayer, which sucked badly may I add, and they just thought 'lets keep it in teh single play3r!'

I loved the search for the keys, and got hours of fun out of the multiplayer. I agree with the ammo, though...plus the weapons seemed unimaginative (I liked the electric, fire and ice themes). I wonder how this one will be effected by only having one weapon (unless you can stack/unstack at weapons at will).

One thing I hated was the hologram telling us what happened. I perfered the whole "no story if you don't pay attention but a hugely detailed backstory if you took the care to find it & put it together" the original did. It made my second playthrough more interesting (as I didn't scan that much).

After the first playthough, I loved scanning. I just find the data you get interesting to read.

edit: Something else I'm hoping for is travelling to different planets is just like the lifts in the first two - "Activate Route" (Get coordinates?), then travel to/from when you get to the launch pad at any point in the game (well...apart from the final boss part) - just with the option of which planet to travel, too.

I was thinking recently, you know that in Corruption you travel around different planets (same as hunters) that have been corrupted, well wouldn't it be cool if some of the planets you had to explore were aether and tallon4? that would be so amazing, they could make it so the 2 planets have evolved slightly with maybe higher technology, but with similar sorts of environments and places youve been to before but modified. Id love to re-explore tallon again with different enemies etc. I think both of these planets should be corrupted again and you have to help out the luminoth/chozo and they give you the latest equipment etc.

Retro could do a lot with this, and it would be a really cool feature. I hope this may happen.

I was thinking recently, you know that in Corruption you travel around different planets (same as hunters) that have been corrupted, well wouldn't it be cool if some of the planets you had to explore were aether and tallon4? that would be so amazing, they could make it so the 2 planets have evolved slightly with maybe higher technology, but with similar sorts of environments and places youve been to before but modified. Id love to re-explore tallon again with different enemies etc. I think both of these planets should be corrupted again and you have to help out the luminoth/chozo and they give you the latest equipment etc.

Retro could do a lot with this, and it would be a really cool feature. I hope this may happen.

That would be really cool actually. And maybe make it so that you visit different parts on the planet was well, you didn't get to in the first two.

That would be really cool actually. And maybe make it so that you visit different parts on the planet was well, you didn't get to in the first two.

Yeah thats kinda what gave me the thought: I was playing echoes and i was going through this big glass bridge suspended above in the sky and you can see stuff below that looks really cool, like foresty areas (Torvus?)

Also in prime when you're in a similar bridge above the impact crater and theres a huge hole in the ground.

Thinking more, i remember there's a part in the mines in prime (where all of the ice, wave, power troopers jump out at you, well there's a door that denies access. Being able to re-explore and having it open would be very interesting.

I'm rather looking forward to this now, I might start playing 1 and 2 again :) I thought while that the first was better, the second game was still very very good, just more challenging. It was harder to get into and perhaps too similar but I thought some of it's level design outshone anything on prime.

I'm rather looking forward to this now, I might start playing 1 and 2 again :) I thought while that the first was better, the second game was still very very good, just more challenging. It was harder to get into and perhaps too similar but I thought some of it's level design outshone anything on prime.

Tis funny because I thought Prime's level design was far better than Echoes. Music andsound effects were also much better in prime, especially in the phendrana regions with the scary sheeloth things, and the chozoey chants in the fire regions. Mines music was also good.

I hope we'll get to see some more of this game soon. I'm really curious to see how much it has evolved since E3. I can't believe this game was supposed to come out at launch! But it's for the best, the game will be better now. And Zelda AND Metroid at launch would've been overkill.