N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backround2.jpg
OMG!! I had know idea that Metroids changed like that!!

The only Metroid games I've played are the Prime series.

The Zeta and Omega Metroids are really cool and would be amazing in 3D; like T-Rex's!!

Actually the Zeta Metroids are like the dinosaur type enemies in Prime 2!

The only Metroid games I've played are the Prime series.

Then i have to recomend you to play at least Metroid Zero Mission (Metroid 1 remake), Super Metroid (Metroid 3), and Metroid Fusion (Metroid 4).

My favs are the Prime series, Super and Fusion.

I've played Metroid 2 to the end, but it's a pain in the ass.

Its strange i never got into metroid altho i have owned both prime one and two, i may have to give it another go. I just never felt like the game drew me in.

I hope Prime 3 is good b'cos it would love to use the FHC in it.

No no no, that can't be right, that says that the humanoids are 6m tall!

Not quite - it says that homonids are 6 metres tall. Don't know what the difference is though!

Perhaps in the year x, we have all evolved to be 6 metres tall? Either that or we all wear big platform shoes.

While playing Metroid Prime 2 recently, it got me to thinking about environments in Metroid games.

Prime 1:

Green/Lush (Tallon IV Overworld)

Fire/Lava (Magmoor Caverns)

Snow/Ice (Phendrana Drifts)

Mine (Phazon Mines)

Prime 2, the designers used the next most-obvious environments:

Desert (Agon Wastes)

Swamp (Torvus Bog)

Hi-Tech (Sanctuary Fortress)

I have been trying to think of some new environments that Prime 3 may offer, but I'm struggling. From what we've seen so far of the game, there have only been generic space-station-style corridors. Any ideas?

jakee - that does make more sense. :)

Seeing as Samus will travel between planets, I'd expect each planet to be a different environment, but I can't really think of any new environments!

There's likely to be the usual;

- Green/Earth planet - maybe the one in the trailer

- Lava planet - think Episode III

- Snow/Ice/Water planet

- Built environment - either a city, cloud city, enemy base, space centre

- You'll probably visit a few orbiting space station - like at the beginning of Prime

The only new environment I can really think of would be a total water one.

There was water to explore in Prime 1 and 2, but there could be a Water planet/environment in Prime 3.

Like the water planet in Attack of the Clones, it could be a research/space centre both above and below the water (which would be flooded), with rain and waves crashing over, and maybe you could explore the sea floor/caves etc... They could really do some awesome water effects on the visor and with lighting!

41.jpg

I really love the space station environments and the underground ones.

After de Prime series i would like to see a metroid 3D game that gives me the feel of Super Metroid. The feel of being 20km undergroud and the feel of loneliness and confinement. I loved Super Metroid.

I really love the space station environments and the underground ones.

After de Prime series i would like to see a metroid 3D game that gives me the feel of Super Metroid. The feel of being 20km undergroud and the feel of loneliness and confinement. I loved Super Metroid.

I'm in complete agreement with this, you've summed up my feelings whilst playing this game too! Awesome, absolutey awesome!

A water environment would be good. One without fogging and restricted movement though.

Perhaps a rainforest-type area as well. I loved the Tallon IV areas in Metroid Prime with the gentle rain. How about having loads of trees and foliage to make you feel a bit claustrophobic. A heavy thunderstorm would add atmosphere.

rainforest_undergrowth.jpg

I think it's going to be quite difficult for them to come up with some original environments this time round.

I think it would be cool if all the planets had different gravitation and that it also affected the beam weapons.

A planet that has our technology level and was attacked by space pirates, the people killed or enslaved would be cool. Imagine you're hunting for some artifacts and around the corner you see a few space pirates and some rebels fighting each other. Will you kill the space pirates, will you kill the rebels, will you kill both or will you pass by?

If you kill the rebels the space pirates won't attack you as long as you're not in their territory on this planet, if you help the rebels you gain access to certain areas (you can fight your way there too) and if you don't help either side both will consider you a threat.

I also prefer the 'natural' environments, but if Prime 2 and the early videos of 3 are anything to go by, Retro is taking the series away from this, towards more built up / industrial areas. I'd love there to be tall underground caverns in Corruption, like in the 2D games.

I'm expecting there to be a blue-ish Phazon environment somewhere in the game, though, like in last year's mini trailer.

Some new info (and some confirmations);

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5399

Nintendo Power. An interview with Metroid Prime 3's producer and director have revealed a few updates on the final Prime game for Nintendo Wii.

• Samus can go into "hyper mode" as she did in Super Metroid (SNES) at any time for enhanced abilities although increasing your chances of dying.

• Cinematic improvements from previous additions with the Wii hardware being more powerful to work with than the GameCube.

• Larger environments, bloom lighting, improved animations and more.

• Samus can remotely control her ship - lifting huge objects, bombing, area scanning etc.

• Nunchuck can be used as a grapple with flicking motion.

• No Multiplayer will be included in the game, but Connect24 will be used.

• Corruption will be the last in the Prime series, although Metroid will continue to be expanded and taken forward.

Great to see Hyper Mode return!!

"Metroid will continue to be expanded and taken forward"
A hint that Retro will start work on a new Metroid game?!

Maybe a MMORPG Metroid game?
Yeah, I wonder what they mean by expanded? Ideas;

• They will simply expand the Metroid universe/characters/storyline?
  • They will make a spin-off series (such as the galatic federation FPS idea)?
  • They will expand the game into a Multi-player series (online)?

Guest Stefkov
Yeah, I wonder what they mean by expanded? Ideas;

• They will simply expand the Metroid universe/characters/storyline?
  • They will make a spin-off series (such as the galatic federation FPS idea)?
  • They will expand the game into a Multi-player series (online)?

some good ideas, or maybe, hopefully not but just for jokes sake, they'll milk her for all ses woth and go down the Mario avenue, making a Space Baseball game with Kanden and crew in it. Then Super Metroidball a football game.

I'd like them to amek, not sure if ive mentioend, a Planetside type game. Sure it wont be able to handle 300 players at once or something, but somethign along the lines of that would be fun. Maybe Samus could be the masterchief of the game or something, the leader of one army, i actualy think this has been thought up somewhere before. But making your own person in the image os Samus, choose your own typ of arm cannon, your own special abitites: jumping high, stealth, morphing etc

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!