Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg... Won't the GC version be like in that trailer also???

:

I don't think you get WHY the game looks different. In the first shot of Midna, it was from the point when the Twilight Realm was black and white. Since then it's now been made completely different in BOTH versions of the game, but the Wii trailer is the first time we've seen that scene since then. That's all there is to it.

Guest Stefkov

I like the box. Yes it is the same art we've seen countless times, but i like it.

I cant stop watching the new videos, ive shown them a couple people in college and i think they liked them.

Now we actually can see real bloom in it! I still think how the heck can GameCube make such incredible graphics! It real owns a lot PS3 and XBox 360's games, IMO.

Remember Kraser, the new trailer and these new pics are all from the final build of the Wii version, not the GC... But the E3 2005 trailer is from the GC version, and yes those graphics are amazing for the Gamecube! It's almost unbelivable that the GC can manage to do it so well! But we haven't seen any trailers or pics from the GC version for a long time now... I would really like to see some, just to compare with the Wii version :hmm: ... But I don't think the differences will be that much... only the texture will be better for the Wii and it's in widescreen.

If we are to believe what they've always been saying.

I think if there's ANY difference it's that perhaps the GC wont has quite as much bloom or something and perhaps slightly inferior lighting. The textures wont be better on Wii because that'd require creating entirely new ones for the Wii version which aint gonna happen.

The GC version probably looks pretty much identical to the Wii one, just 4:3 instead of 16:9.

English vesion of Iwata Ask!: Volume 5: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Part 1 - THE INDEFINABLE ESSENCE OF ZELDA

Part 2 - IDEAS BORN OUT OF FUNCTIONALITY

We had originally planned to release Twilight Princess at the end of 2005, but as we entered the final period before completion, we decided to postpone the release by a year. This decision had the effect of moving the finish line further away right at the end of the race, so to speak. There was also the added challenge of developing the Wii version, and I think this made things more difficult for everyone. I would like to hear how you felt about the extension of the release date and how the extra time impacted the project. Let's start with Oyama-san.

Oyama: When the extension was finalised, part of me was relieved that we would have more time to create more things in the game, but another part of me realised that this meant having to work on the same project for another year. In the end, the feeling of happiness at being able to create more things in the game was much greater. This was because I realised how big the expectations for this game were from the time the first footage was revealed at E3 in 2004.

Iwata: The whole world is expecting the greatest Zelda ever, isn't it? I expect there was a tremendous amount of pressure on you to meet those expectations.

Oyama: In terms of the volume of development, there was even more than there was with Ocarina. I felt that rather than hurrying to implement everything by a particular deadline, I would rather have the time to do it right.

Iwata: What about you, Nishimori-san?

Nishimori: I felt glad to have more time to polish the game. With a Zelda game, there is so much that can be refined that you only start ending development because the deadline is approaching. Or to put it another way, you're never going to finish a Zelda game before the deadline with time to spare. It's the kind of project where you can always use more time to continue polishing it. With that extra time you don't merely make minor adjustments, you continue to improve it as a game by adding as many new elements as possible. So the more time I have the happier I am. But at the time it was initially decided to postpone the release, I didn't have a clear understanding of how much time I would need to finish my work.

Miyagi: If I'm asked to give a recommendation or an aspect that I am particularly proud of, I think I have to speak on behalf of all of the staff who worked on the field design, so it's very difficult to narrow it down. Firstly, of course, is the fun of galloping on your horse across the vast plains of Hyrule. I think the sense of speed is something the players will really enjoy. Another thing I secretly like is that once you have progressed to a certain point in the game, there is a place that has been designed so that the player can look out from Hyrule Plains and see exactly where the mountains, lakes, deserts and rivers you have journeyed through are located. Of course, it isn't perfect, but it has been made with the greatest effort to make it all consistent. You can enjoy that view in-between your adventures!

I just had a thought. These in depth previews game journalists had of the game, it was in a controlled environment with a pre defined room layout optimised for the "ultimate experience" with the Wii Sensor bar being placed in a certain spot, chairs in a certain spot, specific lighting conditions and that same type of TV they continually use on Wii game demos.

Do you think the game will retain the same sort of quality in a standard room with non optimised conditions with a standard tv, not perfectly aligned with the TV, sensor bar in another spot other than on top of the TV?

If this in depth play test is the basis for the review scores to follow, will the scores be overstated and flaws of the game not be recognised due to the optimised conditions?

Think I might get Zelda on GC as I don't have the money for a Wii yet....

Especially as graphics will be very similar between the two versions........kinda annoying (and disappointing) that a Wii game would look like a polished GC game...thought the Wii was meant to be a next generation console....anyway we'll save that argument for another day.

Think I might get Zelda on GC as I don't have the money for a Wii yet....

Especially as graphics will be very similar between the two versions........kinda annoying (and disappointing) that a Wii game would look like a polished GC game...thought the Wii was meant to be a next generation console....anyway we'll save that argument for another day.

Nintendo says:

Kyogoku: The worlds in the GameCube and Wii versions are mirror images of each other, with the left and right completely reversed. Just by using a different controller and experiencing a completely reversed world you really get a completely different type of enjoyment. All of us have become familiar with seeing this world on a daily basis, but I still get lost when I have a go with left and right reversed. I really want people to experience both. And personally, the parts which I put particular effort into were all the really silly details! (laughs) If you're progressing in the game, and you discover something where you laugh and think "This is just ridiculous...!", I'm certain that will be a part that I really gave a lot of attention to and want people to see!

Nintendo says:

Kyogoku: Just by using a different controller and experiencing a completely reversed world you really get a completely different type of enjoyment.

So for a "different type of enjoyment" I'm gonna spend more than £200 on the Wii and this game?? :hmm:

I don't think so matey. I'll stick with the £40 GC version. :grin:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!