NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

God seeing those screens for the first time seems so long ago. Blimey more than 2 years since that E3 2004 trailer.

We Ninty fans are sad.:cry:

Zelda is making us old!

I still remember shitting my pants and screaming like a little girl watching the E3 2004 trailer live.

Zelda is making us old!

I still remember shitting my pants and screaming like a little girl watching the E3 2004 trailer live.

Good Times ....

I went absolutely nuts when i saw that trailer. It was probably the most amazing moment ever; especially when you consider that Nintendo never even gave out a hint that they would show a new realistic zelda...All I remember was hearing rumours about Wind waker 2, so i wet myself (twice) when they showed this.

Zelda is making us old!

Ive kept my shitty zelda pants as a momento, im planning on selling them on ebay.

Ive kept my shitty zelda pants as a momento, im planning on selling them on ebay.

SOLD!!!:bouncy:

This is probably the only time i will ever get the same game twice, seriously.

I'm actually considering getting Gamecube and Wii versions of it. I'd never do that with any other game. Think I may play OOT over the next couple of months since I'm running short of games to play now. Getting really excited now.

Well it's really getting on my nerves.

To be fair to the guy, when I came to look at the image yesterday it was just a red X.

Zelda is making us old!

That is one of my most precious gaming memories. The fact that they just spung it on us with the epic music from Conan and then reaction of the crowd when they see Link it all brought tears to my eyes. Then there was the crazy Yank shouting " YOU DA MAN!!" when Shigsy came out.

That is one of my most precious gaming memories. The fact that they just spung it on us with the epic music from Conan and then reaction of the crowd when they see Link it all brought tears to my eyes. Then there was the crazy Yank shouting " YOU DA MAN!!" when Shigsy came out.

Haha, yeah and him shouting "Oh my God! Oooh shit!" during the Zelda trailer.

BEST REACTION EVER!!!!!!!!!

Those guys went frigging crazy, although i don't blame them.

I think i could hear an adult Nintendo 64 kid there aswell.

I LOVE THIS VIDEO:bouncy:

Ah that never gets old, it still gives me goosebumps just watching it.

I'd be worse than you lot if they released a Shenmue III trailer. I think I would actually cry.

I'd be worse than you lot if they released a Shenmue III trailer. I think I would actually cry.

No one would hold it against you, besides I believe Stocka would be joining you as would many a gamer. I really should play Shenmue 2.....

Back on topic I dont know if this has been mentioned already ( I checked last 2 pages and didnt see anything ) speculation is flying around that the seasons change in TP and not only that but we will see Link grow up. Here are the links...

SEASONS

http://theboard.zogdog.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=11&showentry=1493

DIFFERENT LINKS

http://theboard.zogdog.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=11&showentry=1490

I dont know if this has been mentioned already ( I checked last 2 pages and didnt see anything ) speculation is flying around that the seasons change in TP and not only that but we will see Link grow up. Here are the links...

SEASONS

http://theboard.zogdog.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=11&showentry=1493

DIFFERENT LINKS

http://theboard.zogdog.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=11&showentry=1490

Nice finds :grin:

Allow me to transcribe the info from the links you gave to give a boost in the discussion...

the seasons are looking awesome:

Spring:

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-wii-version-20060531030211031.jpg

Summer: (shaky-cam shot, remastered by me)

gallery12410172396nw.jpg

Fall:

gallery_124_10_13863.jpg

And the other things revealed...

Another thing I can confirm is that you will also see Child Link in Zelda: Twilight Princess in the form of a memory flashback rather then playable. According to TSA the flashback ties into the end of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. According to TSA the game takes place over several years so this is why I believe that the Link in Zelda: Twilight Princess is the same as in Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. I will still leave this as speculation for now. On TSA's website he has a picture of the Hylian Loach which makes a second appearence in Zelda: Twilight Princess:

Now, don't forget the spoiler tags when commenting this one...

Changing seasons would be superb and imagine that some things can only be done during certain season - this game gets more and more epic by the minute.

Responding to PedroCasilvas spoilertag:

If it happened after OoT that means actually after MM because adult Link is as old as this one and child Link travelled through time to the future so it can't be set in between since he has been in the chamber of Sages for seven years.

Whenever it will be I like the idea of flashbacks, should make for some very emotional moments seeing past Zelda games.

Yeah but there is the theory of 2 timlines. One is the Hyrule with Link as a kid after OOT then the other is the Hyrule after Adult Link saved Hyrule in the future. Indeed though you are correct in saying that the MM Link is OOT Link, does anyone know the time period between OOT and MM?

Majora's Mask Link is Ocarina Link. Link returned to child form near the end of OOT, and a story inbetween tells that he lost Navi. It is Link because he still has the Ocarina of Time and his sword. I have a theory though that Majora's Mask takes place before OOT, because Link becomes a child again, and if time reverses, then his adult self is still on the quest to save Hyrule.

Let's not go into the timeline again :p

There's already a thread for it here:

-> http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5982

(post your theories there if you will ;))

If it really ties with OoT ending we are talking about that specific moment, not MM, we must be talking of Hero of Time in his prime as a adult, after defeating Ganon?

-------- now it's time for speculation --------

Maybe the child looked at him and thought "wow I wanna be like him" while Hero-of-Time gave out a cold, indiferent stare at him.

Also... did this child see Ganon up front then? how cool would be that when this child as a adult finally sees Ganon again in Zelda TP?

Let's not go into the timeline again :p

There's already a thread for it here:

-> http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5982

(post your theories there if you will ;))

If it really ties with OoT ending we are talking about that specific moment, not MM, we must be talking of Hero of Time in his prime as a adult, after defeating Ganon?

-------- now it's time for speculation --------

Maybe the child looked at him and thought "wow I wanna be like him" while Hero-of-Time gave out a cold, indiferent stare at him.

Also... did this child see Ganon up front then? how cool would be that when this child as a adult finally sees Ganon again in Zelda TP?

Which Hero of Time are you talking about Pedro? The child Link or the Adult Link? It was the Adult who beat Ganon but saying that it was still really the Child Link when he went back in time. I mean he was still the Hero of Time....Zelda timelines and the different Links give me a headache. I wish Nintendo would sort it out, then again at least it gives us something to talk about on the net.

Which Hero of Time are you talking about Pedro? The child Link or the Adult Link? It was the Adult who beat Ganon but saying that it was still really the Child Link when he went back in time. I mean he was still the Hero of Time....Zelda timelines and the different Links give me a headache. I wish Nintendo would sort it out, then again at least it gives us something to talk about on the net.
Sorry :heh:

In the encounter I was talking... child link would be the one from TP the future to be hero, whereas the adult link would be... Hero of Time... on it's prime.

I think that would be the best possible setting, a child seeing a hero like that could only feel admiration...

And if the child met/saw Ganon he would be petrified, it would be dynamic to re-harsh him fighting that fear/trauma years after

I dont think the seasons stuff is confirmed just from those shots, there could be another explanation for it, like trees that change depending on the whether or something. It'd be an interesting feature though for sure.