Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The 2006 GCSE Thread

Stocka

My school prom's not until June 29th. But it's £15 a ticket. I might not go. But I want to!

You say that like its expensive.

Go on, you only have one "Prom" (or summer ball). You'll never get the chance again. £15 is very cheap as most balls go, so i would if i were you.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that like its expensive.

Go on, you only have one "Prom" (or summer ball). You'll never get the chance again. £15 is very cheap as most balls go, so i would if i were you.

It IS expensive! £15 is quite a bit to someone like me. I don't have a job or anything. Plus I'm from a working class family. What with bills and petrol prices going up we can't exactly afford everything!

You're wrong about only one prom. There is also a 6th Form Prom at my school.

Guest Stefkov

ha, £15, i had to pay £20 for my prom. it was at the reebok stadium, the welcome punch wasnt the best (shite) and the food overall was pretty shite. and the glasses of coke. i a little half pint cost £1.50, so dont go moaning about £15 lol

From my perspective, £15 isn't too bad. Most balls i've been too/seen advertised are about £30 (with meal). The prices can also go up alot more that.

I'm not someone with a lot of money (i'm a student...) but i'm just trying to say that £15 isn't too bad at all as balls go.

When you consider this is a "once only" event, i think it would probably be worth it. People will leave your school, and two years time alot will have changed.

Its up to you i guess. I'm guessing you buy a fair few games, considering you on this forum. Its not expensive compared to those.

I'm gonna try and get a prom ticket. Problem is, they'll not allow certain people (the chavs that can't behave). But they'll probably won't allow me in because I have a short temper (and NOT Tourette's like that damn doctor diagnosed me with last year), and they'll probably think I'll cause some trouble! :angry::mad:

Yay they start on Tuesday, the sooner they are the sooner they're over :smile:

Looks like I'll have to do quite a bit of English, ICT and PEM revision over the weekend/monday, I can concentrate more when I know the exam is so soon

Guest Stefkov

So i did my Spanish listening today. didnt go too badly, thought i did considerably well seen as though im crap at spanish.

Cant remember any of the questions anyway.

Tomorow comes english Lit and an IT exam. english is gonna be challenging as i have to think for that, IT will be over in half an hor. its a 2 hour exam i htink, or maybe 1 and a half.

So who's looking forward to good ol English lit in the morning? ;):hmm:

I was worried but am confident now as i've got round to doing a bit of revision for it, but I just know when I wake up in the morning i'll be nervous again.

Oh god, the eng lit...

Actually, I'm ok with the play and the poetry, just not the novel..

I say as long as you can get a point down for each mark, you should be ok.

Btw, I did get a date for the prom!(Yay for me!!) It was a damn good prom too! Easily worth the £20, and I shall remember my year group through it. Good times!

Guest Stefkov

well done on the date.

what books you all had to read for the English Lit. i had to read To Kill a Mockingbird.

Ty Stekov, I'm my year's "lonley stylish batchelor", as one person descibed me ;)...I'm just too damn shy to ask anyone normaly, so I thought "What the hell!" on this occasion.

I'm doing Lord of the Flies, it's good, as is kind of thought-provoking, but it's a bugger as an examination book!

Is the Lit paper about the novel? In my case the Crucible?

See i never read that <shit!>

Haha gutted. Yes, I think the first hour you do an essay on the novel, and then second hour on the poems.

I've been reading my novel [To Kill A Mockingbird] this week, didn't think I'd finish it but I did this morning thank god.

Good luck Tobes;)

I just got back from my eng lit- I think it went...OK

ish

I read about that source paper fuck-up. That is really really not good, as some schools photocopied the paper and gave it out, so not everyone is in the same boat.

Guest Stefkov

well i did no revision, im in my schools learning resource centre and i have done my english Lit this morning.

questions i answered were,

poems: Convey how 4 poems show strong feelings throught(something along those lines)

use Catrin and one from Heaney and 2 pre-1914 poems, so i did Sonnet and On my first sonne,

then for my novel, to kil la mockingbird which i hadnt read since i did it in class like 2 months ago. the question i answered was, Harper lee shows courage in her novel, how does she do this? (again not perfect but something like that)

so you just explain how she shows courage in the people in the novel.

its nearly 1 and ive got amy IT exam then, so im doing nothing hehe.

I did my English lit exam today (Higher Tier). Piece of piss! My novel was "Heroes" by Robert Cormier. I had to write what importance the character of Nicole Renard brings into the novel, I just wrote down about Childhood Innocence. Splashed through it, although I don't think I did as well in the poems.

The English exams are most probably the easiest ones out the lot.

poems: Convey how 4 poems show strong feelings throught(something along those lines)

use Catrin and one from Heaney and 2 pre-1914 poems, so i did Sonnet and On my first sonne,

I also did Heaney, Clarke and pre-1914. I did the question about how certain poems describe nature. I chose "Storm On The Island"; "Sonnet"; "A Difficult Birth: Easter 1998" and "Patrolling Barnegat". Not too shabby IMO. :)

I'm doing my GCSEs next year, can someone tell me how hard you think these are from 1-10:

Maths (Higher Tier, Moduler, AQA)

English Language (OCR)

English Lit (OCR)

Spanish (OCR I think, Higher Tier)

French (OCR, I think, Higher Tier)

Geography (not sure what board)

History (not sure what board)

Biology (higher tier, AQA)

Chemistry (higher tier, AQA)

RS

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!