N-Europe

Wii being Stockpiled for Early Global Launch??

conzer16

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those dismissing early release on the grounds that final dev kits aren't in place, yet, just remember that the Xbox360 final kits went out a month before release. Not saying that this supports any claims made, just don't use it as concrete evidence to dismiss them, either.

Could be possible and it also goes with the 'Ubisoft' voice saying Red Steel would be out in July.I want to believe it but I can't.

July?! I think i faint if the Wii was released in July!

well maybe not faint...but i will be VERY excited!

Nintendo did say theres going to be loads of surprises at E3 and in a recent interview someone from Nintendo stated 'if you think the other remote having a tilt sensor is a surprise, you ain't seen nothing yet' or along those lines....

Is Nintendo holding a early launch attack up it's sleeve? I'm not going to dismiss it. I think Nintendo has learnt by it's mistakes and i'm positive the launch games are very well into completion, we've known about the Wii for a awful long time now. It's not as though it's only just been revealed. We are talking nearly a year now aren't we that the actual console was first unveiled?

July maybe a little too early, but i wouldn't dismiss early September/October if i were you!

JULY!!!!!! oh my god!!! that would be incroyable!!!

If Nintendo are planning a big surprise at E3, I wouldnt be that surprised myself if it was an early release. I hazard the earliest they'd release it would be August though.

JULY!!!!! thats only 2 months away!!!!

oh be still my beating heart..........!

There's a very good reason why consoles and games are not released in Summer. People aren't at home. They're either at home or they're out playing in the sunshine. Wii will be released in September at the earliest. I'd put money on that.

There's a very good reason why consoles and games are not released in Summer. People aren't at home. They're either at home or they're out playing in the sunshine. Wii will be released in September at the earliest. I'd put money on that.

I agree with you but i think (in my opinion) those times are over.

Of course the majority still go out at summer so i reckon you are correct!

Still i never understood the 'Video-Game drought' from June-September, people still play them at night don't they?

I hope Nintendo release it when they think (please god earlier).

perhaps a good tactic to ease demand? why have HUGE demand if you can't capitalise on it?

also.. slight mistake, surely second "home" should read "work"?

perhaps a good tactic to ease demand? why have HUGE demand if you can't capitalise on it?

also.. slight mistake, surely second "home" should read "work"?

There is not one business on earth that doesn't want as much demand as possible. And the initial point of this thread is that Nintendo are stockpiling the Wiis (ha) in order to meet a worldwide demand.

And yeh you're right it was actually meant to read "they're either on holiday or outside in the sunshine". It's this heat.

There is not one business on earth that doesn't want as much demand as possible. And the initial point of this thread is that Nintendo are stockpiling the Wiis (ha) in order to meet a worldwide demand.

And yeh you're right it was actually meant to read "they're either on holiday or outside in the sunshine". It's this heat.

it depends how confident they are about the product. maybe they'll release in Australia first (Winter over there...).

now that WOULD be a surprise (very pleasant for the Australians - perhaps not so much for the americans.

they did release GC around May over here didn't they? I know I bought my cube in June, kinda an impulse buy, and played it at night/rainy days

It would be really cool if they launch in summer, however I also doubt it since they hinted for an autumn/winter release.

On the one hand, it makes sense to start stockpiling them if they want to launch worldwide simulatenously but on the other hand what will they do if Sony delays the PS3 again to make it even more powerful (or as powerful as they claim for reasonable size and price) or get a Blu Ray drive finally. Then Nintendo has a lot of Wiis that will lie around for some time and could be produced much cheaper of improved if they waited longer.

As much as I'd love that to be true, I'm kinda hoping its fake... Because I can't afford a Wii right now!!! I've had no time to save! And I'd feel horrible if it came out in summer and I'd have no cash to buy it!!! DEAR GOD I NEED A JOB THIS SECOND!!! AHHHHH!!!!!

As much as I'd love that to be true, I'm kinda hoping its fake... Because I can't afford a Wii right now!!! I've had no time to save! And I'd feel horrible if it came out in summer and I'd have no cash to buy it!!! DEAR GOD I NEED A JOB THIS SECOND!!! AHHHHH!!!!!

Me too.

:(