NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
conzer16

Wii being Stockpiled for Early Global Launch??

Interesting. Those who know me around here know i'm not one to believe these typres of things, hell to give them the light of day, but this...this seems it may be...possible. Not right, possible. Here's why:

1. Whenever adressing the issue of release date Nintendo has always stated, no asserted, that they would release, if not before the PS3, then at least alongside it. They tag the PS2s lead as one of the reasons it took the sales this generation, and won't allow it to happen again.

2. The Wii is not like the PS3 or 360. It's a simple, quiet machine, and supposedly cheap and cost effective. These are the criteria required for an easy to make product. The Wii should be able to be made fast, and not have the production hickups that competitors products face.

3. The poster. Seems reliable. However may be inside joke.

There's only one thing in the back of my head. I remember an article that spoke of the company supplying the graphics chips (or something along those lines) and that they had just been ordered. Someone help me with this.

If true, great news.

Seriously, why would reps know about that? I call bull.

I think it was memories from NEC.

Well I believe with this since Nintendo knows a global launching is not easy so they are preparing everything now so there's no shortages like x360 or DS.

Now I don't believe we'll see it befor september, maybe october cause ps3 should be launched at november...

Lazy Boy i remember that article you speak of too.

But Im also one to be unsure about the credulity of this. I would like to believe it, and I am inclined to. But theres always that niggling doubt.

I hope it is true.

We'll just have to wait and see i suppose.

I have to say that this might be true, especially with the NEC news in mind.

Im gonna say this news is true also... simply because i want the Wii to come out as soon as possible because im possitivly bursting to get my hands on a Wii.

that's what i always thought of: good ole's satoru's words on 9th of may: "it is avairabre after e 3 for everyone" ;)

Ahh god, you kids are too young to remember, but thats what sega saturn did

and it ended in DISASTER.

mind you it was released for $400

I think an early/late July/August date would make sense, means for once Nintendo may have the world in their hand as we all no Summer is the slow month for games, which would give some power to Nintendo's Wii brand or the 'What Is It' brand.

Ahh god, you kids are too young to remember, but thats what sega saturn did

and it ended in DISASTER.

mind you it was released for $400

....and there were no games

It won't release before September anyway. They could be building stock, however, seeing the supply problems the 360 had when they began producing only 3 months before release.

there are no games ready for wii aswell.

basically, squash any surprise launch, it aint happening.

I just can't believe this to be honest. October, Novenber is my guess. It was only a rumor that the Wii had gone gold, I think this was in late January, early Febuary time. I think we need to get used to seeing the games for a good few months and so Nintendo can get their message across to the 'non-gamers'

Could to true but I doubt it will launch in europe or the US before september.

Doubt it, not enough developers have the final dev-kits surely, I thought these were to be issued out around June... give them a few months for touching up the games I'd say November is the best bet, maybe October!

i want Wii to be as successfull as it can be and that means lots of good games, august time would be too soon for that i think. Nov or Dec (europe) would probably be better even thou i want it now god damn it!

This would be great if it's true!

Although i still believe Europe will get the Wii first and in late october/early november.

Remember Zelda: TTP is coming out September 2006 probably, and Nintendo said it's before the Wii.

I really would like a September release for the Wii though! :wink:

there are no games ready for wii aswell.

basically, squash any surprise launch, it aint happening.

It's announced very many titles for Wii, and i don't doubt many of them are ready for launch.

A link for announced games

http:/(remove this)/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games

how do we know either way? we dont so in 1 week from this very minute we will be ready (with out jollies on) for iwata to say japan july release, America october release, europe christmas release. Christmas release woohoo. christmas 2008. doh

I'd kinda prefer a later launch. If it comes out in the summer I wouldn't want to wait untill Christmas for it, and I like getting things for Chirstmas ^__^

Although I want it ASAP I dont think it will come out before Oct. That is the start of peak sales due to the Christmas rush I mean launching in the Summer could hurt them due to peeps being on holiday. Thats why many companies dont release many titles in the summer months. Dont know if its the same in the rest of the world but it holds true here in the uk.

An early release would be cool. I could see Nintendo anouncing this May 9th.

Sign in to follow this