Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sadness

Stocka

I'm looking forward to seeing how realistic the trees are and whether the leaves blow in the wind or not. If they don't, I will be majorly disappointed.

It will be interesting to see how a game that is supposedly portrayed in black and white will turn out. This is the only reason I am interested in it to be honest.

Really?....well i want it so you look at the sun for to long the person in the game gose blind and...o how about splinters from holding the axe wrong :-P...Im just playing tho i dont expect the tress to blow in the wind and if ur expecting it ur geting ur hopes up...I cant think of anygame that has tress moving in the wind...unless it was cgi... dont expect more from them as u would from anyother company that makes a wii game...or no matter how good there game is it will be bad to u...and what fun is that....If it comes out and is just ok i think thats pretty good for a first game...they can only get better right...:p

Really?....well i want it so you look at the sun for to long the person in the game gose blind and...o how about splinters from holding the axe wrong :-P...Im just playing tho i dont expect the tress to blow in the wind and if ur expecting it ur geting ur hopes up...I cant think of anygame that has tress moving in the wind...unless it was cgi... dont expect more from them as u would from anyother company that makes a wii game...or no matter how good there game is it will be bad to u...and what fun is that....If it comes out and is just ok i think thats pretty good for a first game...they can only get better right...:p

I think there was an element of sarcasm in his original post...

• 3 months later...

And the hype train goes on, into 2008:

C3: How is the highly anticipated Wii game ‘Sadness’ progressing? Do you have an idea of when it will finally be released?

Nibris: When we are sure that Sadness is as good as we want it to be. This means that the game will be released no earlier than Q4 2008, and maybe even in sometime in 2009. This game will be a completely new thing in Game Industry.

C3: Is the game going to be making use of the WiiConnect24 feature of Wii for anything?

Nibris: No.

AR: How are you finding Wii development so far? Are there any things you wish the hardware could do that it currently cannot due to limitations?

Nibris: There are, of course, some limits in developing, but any other platform would not give us the opportunity to create Sadness the way we want. As for development costs, I don’t talk about them, although in Sadness’ case they are really big.

AR: Is there anything new you can tell us about the game?

Nibris: You will have to wait until E4All, but you will be given a sign soon (perhaps at the Games Convention in Leipzig) *smiles*

AR: Will Sadness be a stand-alone game or will you be aiming to make this into a series of games in the future?

Nibris: We are making this game as a stand-alone product because ‘nothing happens twice’. However, we are only the developer, so the last word will likely be with the publisher.

Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/8312/1/Nibris_on_Sadness_(Wii),_WiiWare,_ROTR_DS,_Bloobs_&_More

Is this being developed by the same team behind Duke Nukem Forever?

LOL!

Nibris: You will have to wait until E4All, but you will be given a sign soon (perhaps at the Games Convention in Leipzig) *smiles*

Now this is the bit that worries me. What kind of smile was it? One with the lips curled up at one side, with a mischievous glint in their eyes? A nervous smile betraying the fact that they've yet to write a line of code?

Nibris has four games coming out.

- Raid on/over the River

- Double Bloob

- Children of the Night

- Sadness

You know something is up with Nibris because the press infomation for CofN contains:

- 3rd-Person horror game

- In full colour

- Exclusively for DS

- Includes a deep screenplay-style of writing

- From the creative team behind 'Sadness' for Wii.

Nibris has four games coming out.

- Raid on/over the River

- Double Bloob

- Children of the Night

- Sadness

You know something is up with Nibris because the press infomation for CofN contains:

- 3rd-Person horror game

- In full colour

- Exclusively for DS

- Includes a deep screenplay-style of writing

- From the creative team behind 'Sadness' for Wii.

Shouldn't they start working on Sadness first before they start development on a new title?