NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kav

Advertisement/Slogan ideas for Nintendo Wii...

You mean like the UK DS advert where the guy altered his life by changing things with his finger? My idea is...

(Bear in mind this is if there is a Star Wars game)

*opens with the usual theme tune and the scrolling text*

Star Wars Episode WII: Rebel Assault

The Rebels have discovered a new base on the planet Kashyyk. Using the full extent of their forces to bypass the watchful eye of the Galactic Empire, the rebellion lands on Kahyyyk to find the Wookie land in ruins. The Emperor has already been here! You know what you must do!

*The scrolling turns to the stars and in a super fast movement down to planet Earth, and zooms in on somebodies living room. There stands a teenager and his friends holding the Wiimotes like lightsabres. The sound of the sabre turns on and the lightsabres sprout from the Wiimotes. the scene quickly goes into a nearby computer and through the Internet to another house, where the Imperial March starts playing and the people - possibly in Japan to show Wi-Fi capabilities - hold their Wiimotes and turn on red lightsabres. The camera sucks into their TV and the two teams clash lightsabres, and as soon as they do the scene changes to an animated shot from the game. It zooms out again and says Star Wars Episode WII: Rebel Assault, only for Nintendo Wii. Wii will change the definition of gaming. Then the blade of a red and blue lightsabre clash in the middle of the screen getting rid of the writing and the light expands, leaving the word Wii.*

A few advertisement ideas I put together:

wiiadd17se.jpg

wiiadd22kq.jpg

wiiadd35tk.jpg

I can't wait to see how Nintendo will advertise it, the name gives them endless possibilities for slogans.

Had an idea for the Run up to the real Adverts advert (if that makes sense)

*Black Screen*

*Fade in writing* Wii are not just a Number (fade in the numbers 1,2 and 3) *Fade out to the next part*

*Fade in writing again* Wii are not going in Circles (Fade in a few green Circles) *Fade out*

*Fade writing in agan* Wii are.....You (The Blue Light of the Wii pops under at the bottom)

Aggressive advertising, thats good.

How about:

"Why don't Wii just die"

"Wii won't just die"

"Wii always piss everybody off"

"We have outsourced the best urine to 'power up' Wii"

Considering Nintendo's constant claims of "not competing" with Sony and Microsoft, I don't think they will engage in mudslinging ("We are not going in circles"). Besides, with a name like Wii I don't think Nintendo would win that battle.

Apart from the hardcore gamer-centric commercials which we will probably see, I think we will also see commercials aimed at getting people curious about Wii and what it is like to use it. I like what Fierce_Link had to say about "What is it?"

I imagine a white room like the construct in the matrix, a middle-aged man/young father using the Wiimote to paint pictures (or do some other non-traditional game type thing) and a soccer mom/large group of grown-ups of all ages comes up to see what he is doing, looking very interested. He hands the soccer mom the Wiimote and says "Wanna try?" She asks "What is it?" The screen fades white, the white Wiimote appears like in the official Nintendo Wii intro thing, and the words "What it is will change everything" fade over the top. Everything fades back out except the letters Wii from "What it is" and they come together to form the word "Wii." Then a screen flashes saying "Everything changes November 10, 2006."

This would be the teaser commercial to get everyone talking about Wii. No real screenshots, no telling exactly what "it" is, just hype. Closer to November there would be clips of gameplay inserted between the lady asking what it is and the Wiimote making its appearance.

Considering Nintendo's constant claims of "not competing" with Sony and Microsoft, I don't think they will engage in mudslinging ("We are not going in circles"). Besides, with a name like Wii I don't think Nintendo would win that battle.

Apart from the hardcore gamer-centric commercials which we will probably see, I think we will also see commercials aimed at getting people curious about Wii and what it is like to use it. I like what Fierce_Link had to say about "What is it?"

I imagine a white room like the construct in the matrix, a middle-aged man/young father using the Wiimote to paint pictures (or do some other non-traditional game type thing) and a soccer mom/large group of grown-ups of all ages comes up to see what he is doing, looking very interested. He hands the soccer mom the Wiimote and says "Wanna try?" She asks "What is it?" The screen fades white, the white Wiimote appears like in the official Nintendo Wii intro thing, and the words "What it is will change everything" fade over the top. Everything fades back out except the letters Wii from "What it is" and they come together to form the word "Wii." Then a screen flashes saying "Everything changes November 10, 2006."

This would be the teaser commercial to get everyone talking about Wii. No real screenshots, no telling exactly what "it" is, just hype. Closer to November there would be clips of gameplay inserted between the lady asking what it is and the Wiimote making its appearance.

Thats a really cool idea!! It'd sure stick in peoples mind and get people wonderind what in hell is it!!!:heh:

I still don't understand why they are referring themselves to Google and Yahoo-as they had cool names which wern't used in everyday sentences whereas the word "We" is.

They should do what many journalists said with the 360 and PS3 should do, concentrate on getting gamers to play on their consoles then try and pitch to non gamers.

I doubt Rockstar and Level 5 will want to produce games on a console known as Wii, then :cry:

Wii started the revolution, You continue it!

Nice, really nice.

I doubt Rockstar and Level 5 will want to produce games on a console known as Wii, then :cry:

I agree with that comment, however if Nintendo achieves a huge userbase, they will forget all about the name.

Off topic, though i dont necessarily like the name Wii, imagine how it will add insult to injury if Nintendo's little Wii outsells the mighty PS3.

That scenario is already guaranteed to happen to Microsoft (in Japan).

Fictional (but probable) headline:

Wii Slays Xbox360 in Japanese Sales Charts

Ouch....

Yeah, as said by some others, if Nintendo are to make this name work, 1st they need to make sure the public find out about it now, so all the initial jokes are done with, and so that people can know and remember it, because as stupid as it is, people will remember it. 2nd they need to aknowledge its a bit of a joke and take it in its stride, so....

30s something or maybe teen is waiting in a really long line for the toilet, at a club or party, and he's bursting for it. Then he wets himself when he can hold it no longer, big puddle, everyone looks, music stops to worsen condition. Rewind a few seconds, and he looks down at his hand, to see the Wiimote, and smiles, maybe chuckles. He sweeps his hand horizontally, and all the people in line infront of him are thrown out of the way (going through windows, smashing into walls, yadda yadda). He walks into the toilet, smiling, while the people he swept aside are mangled, maybe bleeding and rithing in pain. The Wii comes up, and the line reads, in a deep male voice "Need a Wii?".

Yeah, as said by some others, if Nintendo are to make this name work, 1st they need to make sure the public find out about it now, so all the initial jokes are done with, and so that people can know and remember it, because as stupid as it is, people will remember it. 2nd they need to aknowledge its a bit of a joke and take it in its stride, so....

30s something or maybe teen is waiting in a really long line for the toilet, at a club or party, and he's bursting for it. Then he wets himself when he can hold it no longer, big puddle, everyone looks, music stops to worsen condition. Rewind a few seconds, and he looks down at his hand, to see the Wiimote, and smiles, maybe chuckles. He sweeps his hand horizontally, and all the people in line infront of him are thrown out of the way (going through windows, smashing into walls, yadda yadda). He walks into the toilet, smiling, while the people he swept aside are mangled, maybe bleeding and rithing in pain. The Wii comes up, and the line reads, in a deep male voice "Need a Wii?".

Thats really good! Similar to what i said on the previos page about using the wii-mote to move things out of the way! but also taking the piss (no pun intended) out of itself also!

I can see a lot of 3rd party's comming up with some comic 'Wii' names for their games.

I can see billboards in GTA:random city same gameplay making fun of it.

the official slogan so far seems to be "Wii will change everything" - which i really, really like.

I personally like a clever pun like:

"You won't belive your eye's (i's)!!!"

That's if it does have a cool visual projection thing.

I remember seeing like 5 second adverts that were really short and had just one thing in them. How about something that will keep people guessing and will make them search for to find out. THree seconds focusing on the word Wii. That's it, simple but effective.

Sign in to follow this