NEurope
Nick

What The Hell?? Nintendo Wii!!??

At least the immature shop assistants will have fun... I much preferred Revolution :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND THIS IS SPOSE TO APPEAL TO OLDER PEOPLE... hay can i go and play with ur WII lol mah im still getting

but i am disapointed....thogh a video on nintendos site is cool and it is confirmed....it has a good resom for the name but...WII.........REVOLUTION...... ookk ....Nintendo WII i just cant wait to tell my mates.....there gonna laugh at me....

I thought it was a crap name, until…

'Wii can be remembered by everyone around the world no matter what language they speak. No confusion, no need to abbreviate.'

Now consider that Re-vo-lu-tion is a four-syllable word. It's meaningless to non-English speakers, and it'd be hard to say. The English speaking market wouldn't appreciate a four-syllable Japanese word, meaning the same/a similar thing, especially if it was hard to pronounce.

Then again, I'm not that bothered what it's called, as long as it's fun.

Thing is though the name Wii has to be explained where as everyone knows what Revolution means.

It is beginning to grow actually. Anyone else agree that video is great?

Yea we can make a huge profit.Me and my friend's are still gonna cal it the 'Revolution'.

Ha, you know I thought Nintendo could really do it this time.

*Looks again*

hahahahahahaha

I can see it right now:

"Hey Mum, call me when dinner's ready. I'm gonna go play with my Wii."

Ahhhh, *sigh, wipes tears from eye*. Microsoft have already won. I mean seriously, what kind of casual gamer is going to buy Wii.

It is beginning to grow actually. Anyone else agree that video is great?

The video is good but the name still sucks. Man Im afraid to venture on the g-faqs boards. The trolls are gonna have a field day.

Picture this: you walk in to GAME looking to buy the latest Nintendo console. You stoll up to the counter and ask the person behind the counter, who's already giving you a slightly arrogant look, "Can I have a Wii, please?"

No matter, we'll all get used to it. I mean just look at the Xbox.

Thing is though the name Wii has to be explained where as everyone knows what Revolution means.

I kinda agree. But 'Revolution' means nothing to someone who doesn't speak English. Hmm... I don't really care what it's called though ^___^

Nintendo Weeeee!!! had been better :D

LOL!

The name makes u kind of happy, though :D

People should care what its called. Nintendo are trying to get more people to buy the machine but which casual gamer is going to go into a shop and ask for a Wii....seriously what the hell are they thinking. Im praying to all the gods that this is some form of sick joke.

WEEEEE!

Oh no, even the fake names are better than this :(

I hope Nintendo changes it back to Revolution, or gives it a better name. What is wrong with them?

Ooh! Just had a thought! It could be some sort of anti-publicity thing, like FCUK looking like the word 'fuck'. The console's name will be ridicluled, but the console will be praised, people will remember the name of it because it sounds like 'wee', yet people won't be put off buying it, just as people aren't put of buying FCUK.

Possibly?

So while my brother's playing with his 360 I'll be playing with my wii? Doesn't sound too good to be honest...

I hope we get a different name for America and Europe, Wii just doesn't suit us.

just bought nintendo-wii.co.uk.... It better be the real name and not a late April Fool's :heh:

I couldn't possibly have thought of a worse name. Surely they can't call it that in Europe, can they? It's like calling it the Nintendo Poo.