N-Europe

The not so Royal mail

Nintenchris

iv lost 1 item in the post, and i got a replacement, and the item turned up about 2 months later, so i got 2 for 1 :)

Royal Mail, for me, are amazin. Order at like 2pm fridays and its always here on saturday.

Good service, and the sortin depot is 2 min walk from house , for pickin stuff up :)

But the delivery time can often depend on item location.

This is an example:

Me: Huddersfield

Gameplay: Hampshire

Delivery time: 3 days (order Monday, arrive thursday)

Me: Huddersfield

rollersnakes: Derbyshire (i think, that or lecicester)

Delivery time: 2 working days (order saturday night, arrive tuesday)

I have to say the royal mail are pretty good where i live in south east London. Im quite friendly with our postman as i order so much crap!! he comes every day at 8am give or take 10 minutes and i usually get stuff quick.

Like most people ive had a few things go missing like DVD's which im sure the sorters in the sorting office have had away with. (damn you play.com for putting the price on the label) But thats only happened a few times and the places ive ordered from have always sent me a new one out free of charge or refunded me.

Rant:

I needed to get a postal order for college this afternoon, so i walked to the local post office. When i got there the counters said "closed" but there were people standing behind them cchatting away..

Me: "Hey, i need to get a postal order, can you do me one?"

Them: "Ermm, nah, we're closed."

Now I know that the positions were closed, but surely - 30 secs of their time, is it that much effort? Why do they shut at 1pm? Pointless.

Hi Cubed,

If you dont receive an email from me in your inbox, try checking your junk folder (they often go in there with hotmail). Should get it on Friday.

Pyxis you my friend are a diamond! as are all the guys at Gameplay... well the ones i have spoken to before now!

I think it all depends on where you live to whether Royal Mail are crap or not really.

I just remembered something else, and that's that they put my DS in the garage without putting a "We put your parcel here" thing through the door. My mum found it there the next morning...

Now I'm worrying about my Revo :| I'll prob have to go pick it up on a day off work, rather than getting home and being able to set it up and be happy n_n

ooOOoo....I'll get it sent to Mum's office n_n

A few months ago, we started getting mail for some random guy in Bristol. We do not live anywhere near Bristol, the guy's name was not in any way similar to that of me or my family, and nor were the addresses. And this wasn't just once, it went on for about a week. HOW CAN ANYONE BE SO FUCKING RETARDED?!

And you know how when you're not in when a parcel is delivered, and they take it to the sorting office and you have to trek to the other side of fucking town to collect it? Then when you get there it's closed? Fucking annoying, isn't it? Why can't they just leave it with a neighbour like in the good old days? Well, imagine my delight when I found that they had not taken my DS to the sorting office. No. But they hadn't left it safely with one of my firnedly neighbours either. THEY HAD LEFT 130 FUCKING QUID'S WORTH OF SHIT OUTSIDE THE BACK FUCKING DOOR!

Morons.

/rant

And you know how when you're not in when a parcel is delivered, and they take it to the sorting office and you have to trek to the other side of fucking town to collect it? Then when you get there it's closed? Fucking annoying, isn't it?

It should say the opening times on the piece of card they give you....

I do wish companies would give it to a neibour though. That's aimed at you DHL!!!