Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

According to our sources, Microsoft has already put a code name on its future Xbox prototype for the developers : it's Phoenix. We still don't have any technical specs for the moment, but the Phoenix is said to be a real evolution compared to the Xbox 360. Some studios in North of America have already begun projects on this prototype.

GameKyo

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the first photos of Lips for Xbox 360 developed by Japanese studio iNiS ( Elite Beat Agents). Scheduled for November 2008, this new karaoke game will be playable with two wireless interactive microphones that react with the player movements and voice. You can also see that the microphones will have light indicators. We hope to get more information of Lips during E3.

72211320080711_012310_0_big.jpg

72211320080711_012310_1_big.jpg

If only CoD4 had splitscreen online...then I'd probably actually play the online mode.

Doesn't that defeat the object of it? in offline multiplayer you "have" to have split screen but in online you don't, unless you mean cos then you could see what sneaky tactics the other players are employing online, in which case yeah that'd be cool but still... being forced to view 1/4 of the screen when you don't have to is just pointless Imo.

Save it for offline multiplayer. :smile:

Lovely, just had my best game in CoD4 ever!

Was Free-for-All on Strike, 25 kills and not one single death! <3

CoD4's multiplayer just shits on everything else! Love it <3

It's too easy. You can win by being a campy, opportunistic Rasclart. I sold my copy for UT3. Which, FYI, everyone should buy immediately. It's fucking wicked.

Doesn't that defeat the object of it? in offline multiplayer you "have" to have split screen but in online you don't, unless you mean cos then you could see what sneaky tactics the other players are employing online, in which case yeah that'd be cool but still... being forced to view 1/4 of the screen when you don't have to is just pointless Imo.

Well I have brothers and friends who come round lots, so when we play Halo 3 it's splitscreen about 70% of the time. It's pretty useful, it allows us all to play with a group of mates at once rather having to take turns. Besides two-way splitscreen doesn't really hinder you that much.

I was referring more to the ability of having multiple people playing online with the same console.

I was referring more to the ability of having multiple people playing online with the same console.

Ah well thats fair enough :smile: all FPS' should at least give you that option for such a setup, if not then phail... :/

Hey, I'm considering purchasing a VGA cable for my 360, as I heard the HD DVD player only upscales normal dvds through VGA?

Also, is VGA an improvement over component or the same? (I'm talking HD DVD quality and gaming)

Also, does it matter if I get a used cable from amazon?

Anyone? D=

That's quite possibly the dullest combat I've ever seen in a game.

Really? :/ after what... 2, 3 years of development? thats dissappointing and aren't they making a whole trilogy out of it? not much point bothering is the first one is shit. :S

Maybe they should have chosen to make an Eternal Darkness sequel instead. :indeed:

The sci/fantasy world they have here is rather jarring. It's like if the arc angel Gabriel descended from heaven to hand the world the word of the Lord our God on USB stick. This needs a multi player demo to properly evaluate it I think.

Banjo-Kazooie Hops on Live Arcade

Microsoft announced that Rare's original Banjo platformer will be released this year for the Xbox Live Arcade. The game will feature slightly upgraded visuals and the long awaited "stop and swap" functionality originally promised at its release more than 10 years ago.

Many will remember that the first Banjo-Kazooie game promised to interact with Banjo-Tooie. That didn't pan out, but that feature will finally be realized on Xbox 360. By finding specific items in Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox Live Arcade, you will be able to unlock things in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

1 vs. 100(Endemol): From the makers of Deal or No Deal, Endemol, the world's largest independent production company, brings the popular television game show 1 vs. 100 to Xbox LIVE Primetime. The exclusive game pits one Xbox LIVE member against 100 others from around the world with a live host and great prizes. The goal of "the One" is to eliminate all opposition by correctly answering questions, hoping opponents will answer incorrectly and be eliminated from the game. And stay tuned for 1 vs. LIVE, where one lucky winner will have a chance to compete against the entire Xbox LIVE community.

UNO RUSH™(Microsoft): Developed by the same team that brought the original, best-selling UNO® to Xbox LIVE Arcade, this challenging and exciting party card game for up to four players boasts a wide range of gameplay and social features—multiple variants, house-rule options, local and Xbox LIVE multiplay, camera support, avatar support, and more—plus fast-paced gameplay to keep the party going. UNO RUSH is coming exclusively to Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2008.

Galaga Legions ( NAMCO BANDAI Games): The legend lives on with Galaga Legions debuting exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2008. Featuring table-turning game dynamics, updated graphics, and vast waves of ferocious enemies, Galaga Legions was created by the same team that developed the best-selling PAC-MAN Championship Edition™ for Xbox LIVE Arcade.

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 (Bizarre Creations Ltd./Activision): The latest version of the frenetic retro shooter, and debuting exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2008, newcomers and pros alike will be blown away by the screen-melting intensity and insane new features, including six action-packed gameplay modes, new enemies, scoring strategies, and a diverse list of exciting Achievements. The game also supports multiplayer mayhem for up to four players, with versus or co-op modes, and features razor-sharp 1080p graphics and new, pulse-pounding music.

Portal™: Still Alive (Valve/Microsoft): Portal: Still Alive features the full award-winning Portal single-player game from Valve plus a new challenge mode. Designed to change the way players approach, manipulate, and surmise the possibilities in any given environment, Portal has earned more than 70 industry honors for its innovative gameplay, with more than 30 Game of the Year Awards. Solve physical puzzles and challenges by opening portals to maneuvering objects, and yourself, through space. The game debuts on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2008.

South Park (South Park Digital Studios/Doublesix/Microsoft): Based on the Emmy- and Peabody-award winning show, a South Park game (title TBA) is coming exclusively to Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2009.

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved™ 2 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Developed by the industry veterans at Bizarre Creations, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, the sequel to the smash hit, takes players on an all new adrenaline ride through six different action-packed gameplay modes. With all the signature vibrant visuals and heart-pumping battles of the original, the game also features a new electrifying soundtrack and exhilarating local multiplayer modes in either versus or co-op for up to four players.

The title is scheduled for release this summer via download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 and has been rated "E" for Everyone by the ESRB.

Guest Maase

Im going to sell the Wii and buy XBOX360 (i just need that freaking PayPal Code/Mail from Miau to come), so, i am gonna appear here more times...

I would like to have a recommendation, if you guys don't mind, wich should be my first game?

Guest Stefkov

Firstly, what happened to all the Nintendo bumming?

Secondly, how can we tell you which game to buy when we know nothing of your tastes.

I could say buy World Snooker Championship 2007, it's an awesome game.

Im going to sell the Wii and buy XBOX360 (i just need that freaking PayPal Code/Mail from Miau to come), so, i am gonna appear here more times...

I would like to have a recommendation, if you guys don't mind, wich should be my first game?

Go ahead and get the standard Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect combo that people seem to love.

On top of that, I recommend Eternal Sonata, Beautiful Katamari, PGR4..

And of course, Rock Band and GH2/3.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!