Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

The core/arcade has that plastic disc drive front still doesn't it?

I've seen it on a 360 and it looks horrible. I like my shiny disc tray front thing.

In other news finally over 20000 gamerscore. 20002 points...bloody GRAW and it's 2 point achievements.

Either way I'm getting premium :yay:, hopefully at june along with a nice telly, when I find one :(

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a few muliplayer/deathmatch games on Army of Two via Live and it was quite good. Its great how we are seperate from the yank servers so now I dont have to listen to then yap on about mothers and stuff :) So far everyone is pretty friendly on the servers which is a rare thing on Live.

Ah yes the 'HEY YOUR MOMS A DOUCHE LOL" comments.

I had a few muliplayer/deathmatch games on Army of Two via Live and it was quite good. Its great how we are seperate from the yank servers so now I dont have to listen to then yap on about mothers and stuff :) So far everyone is pretty friendly on the servers which is a rare thing on Live.

Awesome how people are complaining about Wii games being region locked online, and then your celebrating that they are on Xbox Live, similarly people complaining at the lack of voice chat on Wii and your glad to get rid of it (or a certain part of it anyway)

Not having a go, it's just interesting to see the two sides of the coin.

Ah yes the 'HEY YOUR MOMS A DOUCHE LOL" comments.

LOL yeah words to that effect :)

Just finished Tomb Raider on hard, was pretty easy. I have had a great gaming session today, about 12 hours non stop :) I will watch MOTD and then I will continue my marathon and start Bully.

bully 10char10char10char

When have I ranted on about Bully? If your referring to my motto on my gamercard its in reference to Family Guy not the actual game Bully. Its where Peter is an old fashioned boxer shouting " Is everyone feeling Bully? " then everyone shouts " BULLY! "

EDIT: MOTD time :)

Eurgh, god forbid if I went on there then, every five minutes I'd be screaming at somebody for comments like that. I'm not really sure if live is worth buying...

Someone persuade me^.^?

I find stuff like that really funny so it doesnt bother me. But the thing is sadly being an english girl live is gonna be a disaster for you if you speak in a game

Live is awesome if you play with people off your friends list bascialy. But its cool anyway to dl stuff etc and get demos.

Eurgh, god forbid if I went on there then, every five minutes I'd be screaming at somebody for comments like that. I'm not really sure if live is worth buying...

Someone persuade me^.^?

I rarely use my headset unless I'm playing with friends or my fellow forum chappies, in which case the headset/live combination is brilliant. Otherwise, when I'm playing Halo alone or what have you, I leave the headset and just spend the game chuckling at the insults being hurled at around from across the pond. I once got called a "nigger-jew".

Anyway, Live is definitely worth getting. Most online multi player games don't really need you to wear the headset to fully enjoy them anyway.

Guest Stefkov

Someone persuade me^.^?

Definitely, definitely, definitely worth getting.

If you have some friends to play with.

Live is only good for me in groups of people. Gears of War, Halo, COD4, TF2, etc.

Gone are those days though. I remember not going on Live for quite a while, maybe two months or so then I come back on to see no-one ever played anymore. I tried to get a game of Halo going and then that night. That very night Live went bust. Now, no-one plays of the old group of people that is.

What actually happened to Live then does anyone know? All we got was Undertow as a sorry but were the servers hacked or something?

Someone persuade me^.^?

You'll get a month's trial of Gold when you create your Gamertag, so that would be the easiest way to find out if you're interested.

If you get a headset with your 360 then you can always plug that in and leave it on the side; this technique has saved my sanity plenty of times. Admittedly I don't really 'get' trashtalking, but on Live it tends to boil down to racial or sexual slurs in every game. It's like being locked in a room with Jim Davidson.

Guest Stefkov

I've never been on the end of any abuse on Live. I think some of these pre-conceptions are putting peope off going online.

In R6V there was actually a girl gamer. A pretty good one aswell, her armour was all pink and her gamertag was something girly. She didn't seem to be getting any abuse.

Oddly, I don't recall ever having any issues with Vegas. In fact I had a great time with these two French guys where we decided to keep the game as pistols only. Smaller communities tend to be far friendlier.

I don't think people should be put off by it, per se; it's easy to shut everyone up one way or another. Just don't don your headset expecting amiable conversation, as more often than not you'll be horribly disappointed.

They're all in Halo 3 now you see, and are also to be found in Army of Two I hear. Generally any games that are designed to appeal to high-pitched pre-teen American boys. Most other games are generally fine otherwise. PGR4 is full of laid-back German racing fans.

One of my 360 controllers and my headset have died :( Gonna try repairing them tomorrow...

I miss the old days of Live tbh, we need to get that going again. I know people keep trying and it never works, but tbh i think the problem is the games. Not many people still have and play Gears. Halo 3 has horrible Lag problems. CoD4 isn't really everyone's cup of tea. Maybe a revival for Vegas 2?

Guest Stefkov

Aimless and gaggle you're both right. It's the games without strategy that attract all the idiots. Games like Vegas which require you to sneak around and think have some good people in it.

Live should probably have a suffix. 'Best experienced with friends', because it is.

I don't think it's necessarily a strategy thing. PGR4 has roughly the same driving model as a Scalectrix set. I tend to think it has more do with the bullets and blood element. A pair of blood thirsty, psychotic mercenariness murdering hundred's of "America's enemies" for fun? "Fuckin' a."

I miss the old days of Live tbh, we need to get that going again. I know people keep trying and it never works, but tbh i think the problem is the games. Not many people still have and play Gears. Halo 3 has horrible Lag problems. CoD4 isn't really everyone's cup of tea. Maybe a revival for Vegas 2?

Yeah we need to take more forum games.

When is Vegas 2 out? Never played the first one and I want to try it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!