N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take off the blinkers!

PES is not better in every way. PES6 or even PES2008 does not have 360 movement, PES2008 does not have Manuel passing. PES2008 still has the shitty ML mode which is a poor excuse of a career mode.

I have always loved the PES/Winning Eleven series. damn I have bought every Winning Eleven game since WE6:FE on the GC. (that includes all the J-League games). I am now finally noticing that Sebass and Konami are getting lazy. each version has a few new tweaks but they all are practically the same game. They need a new engine! the game is still too scripted and the CPU still cheats!!

From what I have seen of FIFA 08 and PES2008, FIFA 08 is gonna be the winner this year.

After buying Fifa for years I tried PES and was monumentally impressed, sadly I was forced to going to back to Fifa all the way up-to the most recent until I couldn't bear the lackluster game-play and scripted games. In the end I just had to buy PES on 360 and happily haven't played Fifa since.

Fifa, to me, is for people who want to do all the tricks, the spins and kicking the ball over your head. PES, once they sort the keepers out, is much more realistic.

totally different to what my friend thinks. he saying passing is out of this world. you can choose to pass slow or fast just like real life instead of the scripted BS in PES.

what do you think about the shooting? my friend sez aiming is perfect, the shot-power is perfect. also he says it is hard on Semi-pro and 100x better than FIFA 07.

Guess I will have to play myself though.

its probably better that you play through yourself to be fair. I just didnt like it at all. Its too, i dunno, simulated! Its slow, and the passing isnt anywhere near out of this world IMO. like i said, when you pass the ball its like your playing on turf which is knee high.

If you like other fifas, you will like this.

Got my vision cam! Finally, i ordered the bastard last monday, this if bloody 2nd class psotage for you, never again :/

EDIT: No i haven't, my mum just rang and said the post office is only open from 7-12:30. WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THAT? Everyone goes to get stuff AFTER WORK fucking stupid faggots!

Pes is fun, the AI was good in the latest one but when changing to a free player while trying to tackle someone, it would stop the player you changed to then make him start moving when the opposing player has gotten even further in front.

Also some of the fouls it gives just amaze me.

I played the Fifa demo, and I love the physics. Having to set your player right to get a shot off, just messing around with Ronaldinho in the mess around bit you can see how this comes in.

That's all well and good but then there's the gamers who just want to run with a ball past 10 players then **** the ball at impossible angles and make it go in. That's what Pro evo is to me.

Pes is fun, the AI was good in the latest one but when changing to a free player while trying to tackle someone, it would stop the player you changed to then make him start moving when the opposing player has gotten even further in front.

Also some of the fouls it gives just amaze me.

I played the Fifa demo, and I love the physics. Having to set your player right to get a shot off, just messing around with Ronaldinho in the mess around bit you can see how this comes in.

That's all well and good but then there's the gamers who just want to run with a ball past 10 players then **** the ball at impossible angles and make it go in. That's what Pro evo is to me.

Stefkov you done any crazy tricks yet? also what you think of the shooting in the arena play around section? I think in this years FIFA the one shot = cheap goals have gone away. Plus you can only really pull off the tricks with the top players.

oh and the demo hits tonight in europe.

FIFA 08 demo on Marketplace tonight at 9pm

EA has told CVG that the European demo of FIFA 08 for Xbox 360 will hit Xbox Live Marketplace tonight at 9pm(GMT).

It's been reported that the demo's already available in the US and that there's been a slight delay to the European arrival of FIFA 08 on 360. Not to worry though, we should get it later on tonight if all goes well.

"Please note that the FIFA 08 demo will be going live today on Xbox Marketplace at 9:00pm GMT," an EA spokeswoman told us.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=171976

Stefkov you done any crazy tricks yet? also what you think of the shooting in the arena play around section? I think in this years FIFA the one shot = cheap goals have gone away. Plus you can only really pull off the tricks with the top players.

I havn't done any tricks in game, I just want to pass it around and play, which this does really well.

The arena play with Ronaldinho os great, I like how to camera goes like the rodeo run from GoW when you sprint. The tricks are alright, I keep wanting to do a 360 on the right stiuck to make him do a maradona turn thing but it's not how I thought. I like how when you're stood still he does different tricks, like flicking it over his head from behind him etc. When running he does that trick that they showed on soccer am that time ages ago, the one which everyone tried so hard to master. The game is great aswell, I can't seem to beat Barcelona as United but I scored with Barcelona against United... I tihnk I'll be getting it this year.

Just tried the FIFA '08 Demo....All I can say is Pro Evo better sort itself out because at the moment, I'm buying FIFA...

I never thought I would ever want a FIFA game but Pro Evo just has way too many problems.

Nice one man. I really happy with FIFA 08 demo, plus this is not the final build so the full game should be great. Just hate the demo is only 4mins long..

the online interactive leagues are gonna be amazing!!

Now hoping PES2008 improves big time over PES6 as I want two quality footy games.

Nice one man. I really happy with FIFA 08 demo, plus this is not the final build so the full game should be great. Just hate the demo is only 4mins long..

the online interactive leagues are gonna be amazing!!

Now hoping PES2008 improves big time over PES6 as I want two quality footy games.

The latest Pro Evo's have just been driving me nuts. There are just way too many things going wrong that really should be fixed by now. Pro Evo really should have sorted out licensing by now. For the love of GOD, constantly having only 2 or 3 Premier League teams is just ridiculous. Not only are they not getting licenses, they seem to be losing them as well.

Yeah, its annoying the demo is only 4 minutes...I've played it about 4 times so far!

I'm looking forward to the fixed player thing. I used to do it on Pro Evo with the third person view but it was so hard to turn around because you could never see if anyone was behind you but shooting was so much fun cos you could watch the ball curl!

PGR4 demo is currently in certification, hopefully it'll be out in the next couple of days! :D

Fingers crossed!! : peace:

The soundtrack has also been released, I've posted it in the PGR4 thread. Its got Lily Allen in it which is never good....

Hey all, I've officially joined the xbox 360 ranks :)

Just having a problem though... sometimes when I sign out of my profile (so that other people can sign in) my 360 just freezes up :blank: there's nothing I can do but push the power button on the console. Whatdoido? :(

The 360 only uses 4mb of ram for the dashboard, so occasionally it can lock up for a little while (up to 30 seconds) if you're dashing between menu's quickly and doing certain things.

But it shouldn't crashed the console.