Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Allready posted this message in general but I really need answers to these questions so I'm posting in here also, thanks...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, after days of anguish cause by the Xbox customer service helpline, I finally got through to them and have set the ball rolling, bad news is that I have to send the console and the HDD, so all that music will have to be re-ripped :cry:

Anyways, Owen, would you say that you writing a letter might have increased your chance of getting a new one sent to you? if so what did you put, did you type or hand-write it and did you address it to anyone, presumably you stuck it to the console also? as the guy on the phone, when I enquired about the possibilty of keeping the HDD he said that I had to send it because they (the service centre) would most likely be sending me a brand new machine, so obviously I want to do all that I can now to get a brand new machine if possible.

Also, another question, to Owen or to anyone who had to back up their files to a memory unit, I bought a memory unit a while ago incase something like this happened, I havent used it yet but I noticed that there is a format option in the 360 menu, do I need to format the already blank but unused memory card before I use it? or shouldnt I do that / don't need to do that and can just save straight onto it? also to backup my save files, when I move my gamertag to the memory unit, does that automatically copy across all my save files too? or do I need to copy those as well seperately?

If anyone could answer these questions for me as soon as possible it'd be greatly appreciated, as I just want to get it all sorted quickly, still got to sort of the business of finding a box (they dont supply you with the box anymore just a DHL label that you print off yourself) I also have to contact DHL I think, so yeah anyways, any help / advice is appreciated. :smile:

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found the prices for a few of the accessories shown at E3 on a website heres the quote..

Rumour: Xbox 360 Accessory Prices Leaked Lee Matthews, 15th May 2006

Article summary (if available):

Looks like a new Halo faceplate will be available.

Joystiq today revealed that they have managed to russle up the prices to some of Microsofts newest 360 accessories. The prices have come from a Microsoft source (so take it with a grain of salt), but even so they all seem to be reasonable prices for the new products.

Prices:

Xbox 360 wireless headset - $20/£11

Wireless racing wheel - $120/£65

Xbox Live Camera - $40/£22

Halo and Forza Faceplates - $20/£12

So there you have it, no doubt the Halo faceplates and Microsoft headsets will be near impossible to get at first, but all the above products will be readily available in the next few weeks.

Again I must warn you that the above prices are all to be confirmed and are currently only rumours.

Wow, good prices. £12 for a wireless mic? Wired ones were £15 for the original Xbox. Looks like I'll have to pic up a camera too if they're only £22. Which games support it apart from Uno?

Im not sure what games will support it. I imagine the Poker game that is due out will but other than that I have no idea.

Despite not playing on Live with you yet Moria I have sent you good feedback to help get your Rep up. That goes for all those people who have recently added me from Rev-Europe.

I have been looking into 360 and although there are a few games that interest me : these are Dead Rising, Enchanted Arms, and ChromeHounds plus a few other titles. Like Mass Effect :yay:

So I guess I got caught in the Sony's hype machine I'll get one when I actually know some more guaranteed games.....

So any-who's ages ago I heard they were redesigning the chip to increase system performance and reduce crashes, does anyone know when these will be in new 360's. Any help is truelly appreciated.

:awesome:

Some very interesting news here

"It seems that the XBox360 may be getting a new Final Fantasy title after all. Our MS man on the inside reports today that the 360 may be getting one or more of the Fabula Nova Crystallis FFXIII spin-off games that Square Enix recently announced at E3. On top of this, it seems that one or more of these titles may make their way to the XBox Live Arcade. Good stuff."

"This is the same source that told us Alan Wake was being published by MS well before the official announcement was made, so this info may indeed have some merit. Rumor mill for now though."

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/2644/

Guest Jordan

They all went in 4 minutes. Crazy.

I'm staying up all night baby! I want Far Cry Instincts Predator! :)

Well here is what we have had so far

00.00 Xbox 360 Core Unit £149.99

01.00 DOA4 £29.99

02.00 PGR3 £29.99

03.00 Original Xbox Console £29.99

04.00 Fable: The Loast Chapters £4.99

05.00 Xbox 360 Media Remote £9.99

06.00 Kameo £29.99

07.00 3 Month Xbox Live Gold Subscription £4.99

08.00 Xbox 360 HDD £39.99

09.00 Xbox 360 Memory Card £9.99

Gutted I missed the subscription as I need to renew mine in June, hopefully a 12 month one will appear today.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!