N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go after a US one, a bit worried about Xbox Live issues though

True, i haven't got Xbox Live yet but i may get it later on...

Then again you may have trouble getting a USA one!

Lately people have been saying that Microsoft are deliberately stating the Xbox 360 will be in shortage and they want to say it's Sold Out etc.. to gain more hype! and there isn't actually a shortage at all.....

Sad fact is, there is a bloody shortage!!!!!!!! :indeed:

I've only just watch the first-footage of PDZ today! I tried weeks ago but my dial-up was crap, now i have broadband i watched all the videos etc.. and must say the game looks FANTASTIC! King Kong surprised me as well! It truly looks wonderful!

Kameo looked superb! Totally magical! A game that will be remembered, just like Zelda: OOT which i played on December 14th (the year it was released) if i remember rightly!

Perhaps watching the videos was a bad idea?? I WANT THE DAMN THING EVEN MORE!

29 DAYS TO GO! :grin:

Just got an email from Amazon regarding their Xbox 360 preorders, and how there won't be enough to fill all of them. Apparently if I keep my preorder but I don't get a 360 from them for Christmas, they'll give me a £10 gift voucher.

Not bad, I suppose.

for anyone who hasnt seen the news of the xbox 360 tour then here are the dates:

Glasgow 4th – 6th November, The Lighthouse, Gallery 5, Scotland’s Centre for Architecture, Glasgow

Friday 4th 12.00 pm – 6.00 pm

Saturday 5th 10.30am – 6.00pm

Sunday 6th 10.30am – 6.00pm

Birmingham 11th – 13th November, The Old Library, The Custard Factory, Gibb Square, Birmingham

Friday 11th 12.00pm – 6.30pm

Saturday 12th 10.00am – 6.30pm

Sunday 13th 10.00am -6.30pm

Leeds 18th – 20th November, Upper Balcony, Next to Vue Cinema, The Light Centre, Headrow, Leeds

Friday 18th 9.30am – 7.30pm

Saturday 19th 9.30am – 7.30pm

Sunday 20th 9.30am – 6pm

London 25th – 27th November, Mercer Street Studios, 16 Mercer Street, London, WC2

Friday 25th 10.00am – 6.30pm

Saturday 26th 10.00am – 6.30pm

Sunday 27th 10.00am – 7.00pm

Monday 28th 10.00 am - 7.00pm

Quite a few people have played now, but I will still reply ;) The tracks in PGR3 were the best thing about it IMO; they look gorgeous, stacks of detail in there. The cars conversely I thought looked a bit bland (not bad, but I wouldnt say they looked any better than a high-end xbox v1 racer). Im not particularly good at games like PGR3 so I just pretty much went around hitting things, and the crowd will flinch fractionally if you hit a barrier which was nice. The in-car views were nice too, but again I wasnt blown away as I was with PD0.

In Kameo the first part of the game pretty much just teaches you how to use your different forms, so I used an ice gorilla creature to climb a castle wall, a strange plant to topple over some spiky enemies and a giant armadillo-cum-rhino to roll up ramps to get to higher ground. I definitely think it will be far more exciting once these obligatory sections are completed, but from that play it was just pretty much a generic platformer with a slight twist in the different forms.

________

IPAD GUIDES

Edited by Johelian

Quite a few people have played now, but I will still reply ;) The tracks in PGR3 were the best thing about it IMO; they look gorgeous, stacks of detail in there. The cars conversely I thought looked a bit bland (not bad, but I wouldnt say they looked any better than a high-end xbox v1 racer). Im not particularly good at games like PGR3 so I just pretty much went around hitting things, and the crowd will flinch fractionally if you hit a barrier which was nice. The in-car views were nice too, but again I wasnt blown away as I was with PD0.

In Kameo the first part of the game pretty much just teaches you how to use your different forms, so I used an ice gorilla creature to climb a castle wall, a strange plant to topple over some spiky enemies and a giant armadillo-cum-rhino to roll up ramps to get to higher ground. I definitely think it will be far more exciting once these obligatory sections are completed, but from that play it was just pretty much a generic platformer with a slight twist in the different forms.

Thanks for your impressions! I'm REALLY looking forward to PD0, PGR3 and Kameo! Although King Kong looks VERY good as well! :grin:

In The Sun paper today, they had a advert for Perfect Dark Zero which stated 'Coming Christmas 2005' now would you say December 2nd is Christmas 2005??? That got me a tad worried! I suppose it is being December?

Still no launch list, and still no shops knowing how many they are getting! It's all so exciting!

26 DAYS TO GO! I love saying that! :grin:

Thanks for your impressions! I'm REALLY looking forward to PD0, PGR3 and Kameo! Although King Kong looks VERY good as well! :grin:

In The Sun paper today, they had a advert for Perfect Dark Zero which stated 'Coming Christmas 2005' now would you say December 2nd is Christmas 2005??? That got me a tad worried! I suppose it is being December?

Still no launch list, and still no shops knowing how many they are getting! It's all so exciting!

26 DAYS TO GO! I love saying that! :grin:

"Christmas 2005" is anytime after Haloween, December 2nd it is!