NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Fuck....it forgets the updates every time I turn the console off.

Hmmm.. weird.

Changed console/storage device?

Nope.

Edit: Does the "hidden" update deletion option affect game saves?

Edit: Nevermind. Found out it doesn't affect anything except updates. I'll try removing them like that to see if that helps at all.

Edit: Phew! That seems to have fixed it.

Yes, another edit: I started Mass Effect again. It's much better with all the weapons.

I finished Mass Effect yesterday.

I really wasn't expecting Saren to commit suicide. Definately one of my favourite 360 games

I also bought Civilization Revolution, pretty much a dumbed down version of the PC games, yet it still manages to be excellent.

I finished Mass Effect yesterday.

I really wasn't expecting Saren to commit suicide. Definately one of my favourite 360 games

that depends on what you say to him and how you've played the game
;) It's well worth a replay on the dark side or using a different player type.

Yes, another edit: I started Mass Effect again. It's much better with all the weapons.

I bought it today, and it's an interesting combination of a decent RPG (a rarity in my mind), a very good shooter, and some really annoying sequences involving enemies with surprisingly rapidly recharging health and weapons which overheat with the slightest provocation, even if you're standing in a blizzard.

For folks who are interested it look like Ubi are making the next part of the Naruto story for the 360. Naruto: The broken Bond. Whoever's interested will have probably played the first, this one looks like it's about Naruto and co chasing after Sasuke after he'd been taken by them 4 dudes.

Video trailer

Thats pretty cool. I know next to nothing about Naruto, but i enjoyed the first game! :yay:

Bought Vegas the other day for the sole purpose of Story co-op. A pretty good blast! Playing it with my friend most of yesterday.

Tango down.

I need to find Naruto cheap, it seems fun and I've been wanting to play an "adventure" Naruto game.

I need to find Naruto cheap, it seems fun and I've been wanting to play an "adventure" Naruto game.

How cheap are you looking to get it for? Think its £17.99 new on Play.com

How cheap are you looking to get it for? Think its £17.99 new on Play.com

They don't ship to Portugal.

If you're a Naruto fan the novelty can wear thin pretty quick and you can just be left thinking "why did you do that to the story?" or "why are you using cutscenes from the cut version of the anime?" or "why is Konoha so flippin small and why have you left out key locations like the hospital or the park?".

Also I'm fed up of Naruto fighting games. It just seems like they picked the easiest method. Rather than coming up with a fighting engine that integrates with the exploration (ie, 3rd person action), they just put in typical sideways fighting every time you reach a battle. It's not a terrible game for me, but it's a disappointment.

Thats pretty cool. I know next to nothing about Naruto, but i enjoyed the first game!
This still astounds me o_o You should read the manga or watch the anime, it's 100x better than the game.

After many years of use my 360 finally decided to give me the three red lights.

To be honest, i'm quite suprised it hasn't broken earlier as it was definitely on eof the first batches of the console seeing as i got it close to launch.

Still gutted though. I have to wait for some labels to be posted to me, then i have to arrange a pick-up day and then wait 2-3 weeks. Boo :(

Wow...I never realised just how many side quests are in Mass Effect. I decided to do as many as possible a early on (I don't have to worry about the apparently "brilliant" story this time round) - I've done a stupid amount before the first proper mission (after the Citadel).

Wow...I never realised just how many side quests are in Mass Effect. I decided to do as many as possible a early on (I don't have to worry about the apparently "brilliant" story this time round) - I've done a stupid amount before the first proper mission (after the Citadel).

Yeah, its one of the things I loved about the game, there is so much to do!

Wasn't Mass Effect supposed to be a trilogy? I wonder whats happened to the other 2 parts :confused:

Haven't played Mass Effect in a couple of days...I think I've almost finished it :(...but will definitely be playing through again, doing all the side quests etc.

Do not find the side quests abit repetative after awhile? I did some of them but they all follow a similar trend after while. Same layout of rooms etc. I loved Mass Effect but i did find the side quest side of abit rushed.

Woo! Just finished Mass Effect for the 1st time! Awesome, awesome game. Loved it. I would give it 8.8/10. Very buggy, lots of slow down etc which put me off but the story, voice acting and gameplay were top notch. Just wish they did some sort of tutorials at the start of the game, as I was pretty lost at the beginning.

Might play it again sometime. :)

Woo! Just finished Mass Effect for the 1st time! Awesome, awesome game. Loved it. I would give it 8.8/10. Very buggy, lots of slow down etc which put me off but the story, voice acting and gameplay were top notch. Just wish they did some sort of tutorials at the start of the game, as I was pretty lost at the beginning.

Might play it again sometime. :)

I don't understand how people got lost? I figured out the fact that you had to change weapons/choose which stats to level up/anything else people seem to say they only figured out 5 mins before the end of the game!? It all seemed like pretty basic stuff (I'm not boasted or anything, I really don't understand how people didn't figure it out)

When I played through Mass Effect (for the first and only time) I completed every side quest apart from the one where you needed to scan all the Keepers. I was only missing one, I knew where it was, it was positioned beside an Avina unit and every time I tried to scan it, Avina just said, "Do not disturb the Keepers." Just out of curiosity, how do you scan that one?

I'm playing Fable: The Lost Chapters at the moment, though I got stuck really early on, the part where you have to sneak past the Bandits (I've never been good at games that require even the tiniest amount of subtlety).

I was only missing one, I knew where it was, it was positioned beside an Avina unit and every time I tried to scan it, Avina just said, "Do not disturb the Keepers." Just out of curiosity, how do you scan that one?

After you've scanned it, it still gives you the option to examine that Keeper, so you've probably already scanned that one.

That one is possible to scan, you just have to target the right thing. If she says that, you've got it already.

Ah man, I must've scanned all those bastards about 10 times. That was annoying :heh: always one I forgot, somewhere. Don't forget the one up on deck near the ship.

Yeah, its one of the things I loved about the game, there is so much to do!

Wasn't Mass Effect supposed to be a trilogy? I wonder whats happened to the other 2 parts :confused:

dude it only just came out, and Bioware are hyping their new baby Dragon Age now. Give it time, Shepherd will be back :)

Shepherd the hot female badass who doesn't give a shit about other people, yeeeah.

if they use the same voice actors, I'm definitely carrying on with Jane, personally. She's much better.

I don't understand how people got lost? I figured out the fact that you had to change weapons/choose which stats to level up/anything else people seem to say they only figured out 5 mins before the end of the game!? It all seemed like pretty basic stuff (I'm not boasted or anything, I really don't understand how people didn't figure it out)

When I said I was abit "lost", I meant confused, particularly about the combat. At the start, I kept dying as soon as there were enemies...I didn't even know there was a cover system until a couple of hours into the game...I didn't completely understand the whole differences between biotic powers, different classes etc.

But as I played more, it was fine. It took at least 2 hours though for me to feel comfortable playing the game and actually killing enemies successfully, choosing the best squad etc...not until the end of the game as you mentioned! :smile: lol that is worrying!

The end was superb btw! Can't wait for the sequel!: peace:

I still didn't understand it fully after the first full playthough (I've finally cottoned on now). I'm not really an RPG gamer.

It would be brilliant if they let you use your character (as well as your choices) to alter the sequels from the very start (with tough enemies and a larger level system). For people new to the second one, they could just do a "neutral" start, where the legendary Commander Shepherd is killed at the start. And you're his replacement. Or something like that. They could call the new guy Lieutenant [insert First Name] Ford.